Rochester Americans 2021-2022

Brawndo

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Counting tonight, Samuelsson now has 5 points in a little less than 5 games.

+4, 12 shots on goal, physically dominant, calm and composed.

He's ready.

Mike Weber was on with the Instigators this week and was asked about Samuelsson.

Weber responded they feel if he went up to the Sabres now He would be a 5-6. With more time in Rochester, he would be a 3-4 or push for a Top Pairing Role 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Mike Weber was on with the Instigators this week and was asked about Samuelsson.

Weber responded they feel if he went up to the Sabres now He would be a 5-6. With more time in Rochester, he would be a 3-4 or push for a Top Pairing Role 

Mule will that shield pairing # down. We've gotta give him more time!  <cut back to ewoks>

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Whaaat? This management group plans to actually develop players properly wtf? 

Good plan. 

This is a clever tank. 

• Like (+1) 3

Watched the game in full.   Impressed with Krebs.   The points will come, he's got a great motor and good instincts that will only get better with experience.

Hope KA leaves these guys down there all season for a playoff run.  

UPL looked very composed, didn't overreact and stayed in position most of the night.   Good to see him improving.

Edited by pi2000
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Whaaat? This management group plans to actually develop players properly wtf? 

Good plan. 

This is a clever tank. 

Adams also mentioned their goal with development is not to put players in situations where they will survive, but where they will succeed. 

They are losing with dignity or whatever the hell the Leafs called it. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Watched the game in full.   Impressed with Krebs.   The points will come, he's got a great motor and good instincts that will only get better with experience.

Hope KA leaves these guys down there all season for a playoff run.  

UPL looked very composed, didn't overreact and stayed in position most of the night.   Good to see him improving.

71 saves on 75 shots faced over the back to back games vs Cleveland and a .946 save percentage. Nice. 

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, K-9 said:

71 saves on 75 shots faced over the back to back games vs Cleveland and a .946 save percentage. Nice. 

I am thinking there are going to be a lot of ups and downs with the prospects in Rochester. As others have said, I'm all for keeping them down there the entire year, even if the big club 'needs' a little extra scoring.

Although, toward the end of the season, I would like to see all of the prospects get a week/3 games with the big club.  Even if they go back to Rochester, it can be a late season 'reminder' of the difference in competition between the AHL and the NHL and a reminder also of the things they need to keep working on.

• Like (+1) 5

40 minutes ago, K-9 said:

He doesn't look like the same guy that got some preseason action & the 1st few Amerks games.  There's a "poise" (for lack of a better word) to his game this past week or so that was NOT there earlier..  Would be fantastic if he can keep it up.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalonill said:

He wasn't though 

Would've gone w/ 1 of the C's too.  But Quinn had the highest ceiling of anyone left on the board.  (And a really low floor, especially for a top 10 pick.)  But if you saw something to make you believe his play in his 1 big season was legit & sustainable, a case can be made he was BPA.

And his play since doesn't diminish the possibility he was the BPA when they were on the board.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

He wasn't though 

The Sabres felt he was. 

Side note. Rossi has 10 points in 8 games but I'd expect him to start slow after a year off. 

Lundell has 7 in 11 nhl games

Perfetti has 6pts in 10 AHL games

Jarvis has 2pts in 6 NHL games

Quinn has 16pts in 11 AHL games

Outside of Lundell, Quinn could make a case for being 2nd best right now fairly easily. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The Sabres felt he was. 

Side note. Rossi has 10 points in 8 games but I'd expect him to start slow after a year off. 

Lundell has 7 in 11 nhl games

Perfetti has 6pts in 10 AHL games

Jarvis has 2pts in 6 NHL games

Quinn has 16pts in 11 AHL games

Outside of Lundell, Quinn could make a case for being 2nd best right now fairly easily. 

Often neglected in this conversation as well is the play of those who went ahead of Quinn.

Lafreniere and Stutzle are hardly lighting it up. Sanderson is still in college. Nothing Holtz has done puts him above where Jack is, same with Byfield.

My point is not that Quinn is better or worse, it’s that this is a small portion of a dozen long careers. 

A few months from now maybe Lundell has 14 points in 41 NHL games and both Panther fans are pushing for him to get sent down. Maybe Holtz has pumped in 14 more NHL goals.

It’s a long game. Quinn’s our guy. So far, so good.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He doesn't look like the same guy that got some preseason action & the 1st few Amerks games.  There's a "poise" (for lack of a better word) to his game this past week or so that was NOT there earlier..  Would be fantastic if he can keep it up.

I watched each game this week (thanks to you and @PromoTheRobotletting me know that SHTs get free AHL TV) and I agree he looks more poised. Also seems to be moving better, especially post to post. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Often neglected in this conversation as well is the play of those who went ahead of Quinn.

Lafreniere and Stutzle are hardly lighting it up. Sanderson is still in college. Nothing Holtz has done puts him above where Jack is, same with Byfield.

My point is not that Quinn is better or worse, it’s that this is a small portion of a dozen long careers. 

A few months from now maybe Lundell has 14 points in 41 NHL games and both Panther fans are pushing for him to get sent down. Maybe Holtz has pumped in 14 more NHL goals.

Per the bold, ‘nuff said! Quinn is OUR guy and it’s absurd to lament the loss somebody we never had. Quinn is OUR guy. Let’s get behind him.

• Like (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Well Byfield is broken and almost 9 months younger but I'm curious to see how this class plays out. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.