Rochester Americans 2021-2022

Brawndo

17 minutes ago, PickaPecaPickles said:

That is some sick hands and vision under pressure.

8 minutes ago, jsb said:

So who will get #22 with the Sabres, Quinn or Power??

Do you really think anyone else would have the balls to wear that number after Johan Larsson?

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Do you really think anyone else would have the balls to wear that number after Johan Larsson?

I hadn't thought of that 😀 but one's wearing it at Michigan and one's wearing it in Rochester. Quinn's chance will be if he gets called up before the end of the season before Power moves into the lineup

Just now, inkman said:

Decent offensively but he’s gotta a lot of work to do in his own zone. The numbers aren’t good. 

Good to know. He’s someone I’d really like to pan out because you’ve got to win some of those later picks, so I’ll hold out hope he puts it together.

49 minutes ago, Hoss said:

How has Laaksonen been?

I am not impressed, he never sticks out, heck to be honest I forget he is even out there at times because he is such a non factor. I can not see him playing in Buffalo anytime soon, and if he does he will have to REALLY step up his game. He does have some assists but you would never know it.

• Like (+1) 1

Mersch getting dirty goals in front of the net.

Quinn looking very talented on Offense.

JJ Peterka looking like a bonafide future star.

Weissbach has a non stop motor and seems to always be around the puck.

Jankowski looks like a great last minute addition to the team.

Malone looks so slow out there.

Davidson looks good shooting from the Blueline.

The defense looks like they are confused and can not clear, almost like the Krueger defense did, soooo many turnovers.

UPL just looks awful period.

-------------------------------

Just my observations.

• Thanks (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Nozlen said:

I am not impressed, he never sticks out, heck to be honest I forget he is even out there at times because he is such a non factor. I can not see him playing in Buffalo anytime soon, and if he does he will have to REALLY step up his game. He does have some assists but you would never know it.

Sounds like the definition of a solid defenseman to me.

1 hour ago, Nozlen said:

Or what I said 

Fans are reacting prematurely on Cozens.

He was bad against the Ducks. But he was pretty good against the Lightning and the Devils. He’s done some bad things and some good things. We all expected him to be up and down.

He’s pacing for more than 30 points and he has positive possession numbers, which seems to be more or less at the Mendoza line for staying up and learning by doing. More to the point, he’s been one of our 12 best forwards.

Maybe that changes, but it could change for the good as easily as the bad.

Patience.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Most expected Cozens to have peaks and valleys throughout the season, like every rookie before him.

Not all apparently.

Well, he's no longer a rookie, but except for a few handful of really special players they all take a slight step back as sophomores as they're expected to do more than the 1 or 2 things that got them to the show.

Getting Mittelstadt back will help him a bunch. He can either drop to a very sheltered C role or a less sheltered W role where the defensive responsibilities are reduced & he won't HAVE to drive his line but might.

Cozens has flashed enough to expect he'll be fine.  But this season could be very frustrating as he figures it out all w/out anyone "blocking" him into an appropriate role for a 20-ish 2nd year player.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.