Rochester Americans 2021-2022

Brawndo

I just bought tickets for their game at Springfield on New Year's Day, Sitting right behind the goal where the Amerks shoot twice. Just a two hour drive for me. Will also go to Providence in February. Tickets not on sale yet.

On 10/8/2021 at 10:06 PM, Andrew Amerk said:

Have you ever been to Utica?

Can you even get tickets to Comet home games?

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I just bought tickets for their game at Springfield on New Year's Day, Sitting right behind the goal where the Amerks shoot twice. Just a two hour drive for me. Will also go to Providence in February. Tickets not on sale yet.

Can you even get tickets to Comet home games?

Awesome. I wish I could see them live I'll grab the package though. 

Big things this year in Rochester IMO

On 10/12/2021 at 2:59 PM, Norcal said:

Awesome. I wish I could see them live I'll grab the package though. 

Big things this year in Rochester IMO

I wish I could share your enthusiasm for what’s to come this year but…..

as a sth you don’t go in expecting success. You would have been entertained one way or the other. 
Amerks at BCA is always a good time. 😉

On 8/18/2021 at 4:17 PM, Zamboni said:

Is there a reason why her video is mirror flipped? is that a normal phenomenon or is that some weird glitch?

Super late reply, but.......if you flip an IPhone camera  to “selfie mode” (so you see yourself on the screen) it’s always mirrored.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Ogre said:

as a sth you don’t go in expecting success. You would have been entertained one way or the other. 

It’s sad. The Amerks used to be that franchise where you always expected success and always planned for games deepinto the spring. The last 15 years have been miserable. The Amerks were the preeminent and most successful franchise in the league up until about 2004, and it’s been an ugly slide ever since. 

Edited by Amerks8796
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Ogre said:

What’s most frustrating is that when the Amerks did enjoy mild success the last decade or so, there was a loaded team waiting in the wings to blast them in the first round of the playoffs.  Everyone wanted to flame Chris Taylor for his lack of playoff success but he ran into loaded teams in the postseason. 

35 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Wow, that's an outstanding add for the Amerks, no?

Only 27 and a full-time NHLer the past 4 years. Put up 14 goals and 32 points with the Flames just three years ago.

Wonder if he's related to our former head scout Ryan?

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

I remember he was real stretch when Calgary picked him in the first round (one of those "Calgary picked who?" moments).  He had a couple of seasons when he looked like he was making some progress with the Flames.  Today there's no spot for him in the NHL.  Pretty tough.  Let's hope that he plays well for Rochester and perhaps even wins a NHL contract with the Sabres.

26 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Wow, that's an outstanding add for the Amerks, no?

Only 27 and a full-time NHLer the past 4 years. Put up 14 goals and 32 points with the Flames just three years ago.

Wonder if he's related to our former head scout Ryan?

We also had a Jakubowski, right? 

On 10/14/2021 at 11:19 AM, inkman said:

What’s most frustrating is that when the Amerks did enjoy mild success the last decade or so, there was a loaded team waiting in the wings to blast them in the first round of the playoffs.  Everyone wanted to flame Chris Taylor for his lack of playoff success but he ran into loaded teams in the postseason. 

The people that bitch about Taylor and the teams failure in the last few positive seasons don’t realize what’s going on in the A. 
That includes a few Amerks fans that I know. Luckily with the new mandates I doubt that I’ll run into those dummies.

My ass in my seat next Friday buddy!

Do I give a rat’s ass about anything else besides how my ass feels in that seat?

One guess.

47 minutes ago, Ogre said:

The people that bitch about Taylor and the teams failure in the last few positive seasons don’t realize what’s going on in the A. 
That includes a few Amerks fans that I know. Luckily with the new mandates I doubt that I’ll run into those dummies.

My ass in my seat next Friday buddy!

Do I give a rat’s ass about anything else besides how my ass feels in that seat?

One guess.

Enjoy.  Not sure if I’ll make any games anytime soon or ever for that matter. 

On 10/14/2021 at 11:19 AM, inkman said:

Chris Taylor was an excellent coach for the Amerks, and was a “good soldier” as a player for many years prior for the Sabres franchise. 

People who have wrote off his dismissal, probably weren’t paying much actual attention to the Amerks. Despite the 1st round exits, he was developing players very well.  

The idea is that Taylor was axed by Botts on that Bloody Tuesday because Tails clashed with Ralph while filling in for Donnie Meatballs, and now Ralph is gone. What a ridiculous loss over someone who was gone less than a year later. The excuse that Taylor was let go because he had high-priced AHLers on his teams is a joke, because he wasn’t in charge of signing them, and the current Amerks still have a handful of 6 figure players that were recently signed. 

According to CapFriendly, the Amerks will have 15 players on the roster making $750k or more. That’s an expensive roster for an AHL team. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Chris Taylor was an excellent coach for the Amerks, and was a “good soldier” as a player for many years prior for the Sabres franchise. 

People who have wrote off his dismissal, probably weren’t paying much actual attention to the Amerks. Despite the 1st round exits, he was developing players very well.  

The idea is that Taylor was axed by Botts on that Bloody Tuesday because Tails clashed with Ralph while filling in for Donnie Meatballs, and now Ralph is gone. What a ridiculous loss over someone who was gone less than a year later. The excuse that Taylor was let go because he had high-priced AHLers on his teams is a joke, because he wasn’t in charge of signing them, and the current Amerks still have a handful of 6 figure players that were recently signed. 

According to CapFriendly, the Amerks will have 15 players on the roster making $750k or more. That’s an expensive roster for an AHL team. 

Most of those guys on Entry level deals (Linus, Pekar, Murray, UPL, etc.) have a minors salary under $100K.  And those vets like Malone or Fitzgerald have a higher but reasonable minor salary like $125-200k. 

18 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Prices are ridiculous.   I paid under $60 for the CI package on Direct, which includes HNIC and I can record and watch in HD.  I look forward to Amerk updates from the those who are watching. 

I thought the same thing.  I would pay $30-40 for all Amerks games, but $65+ tax?  No thanks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.