Rochester Americans 2021-2022

Brawndo

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 2:56 PM, Ogre said:

But then you have to twist your neck all around to check out all of the goonies😉

There hasn’t been much to see in the largely vacant uppers in years. 

I miss when going to an Amerks game was a thing for Rochesterians. It has never been the same after Buffalo left the Amerks for Portland, and the Panthers were the affiliate for Roch. 

23 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

There hasn’t been much to see in the largely vacant uppers in years. 

I miss when going to an Amerks game was a thing for Rochesterians. It has never been the same after Buffalo left the Amerks for Portland, and the Panthers were the affiliate for Roch. 

I’ve only been in WNY since ‘96. I wasn’t really in a position to attend games until ‘98ish so I don’t know the old days.

I’ve had seasons for eight years now and I’ll keep renewing because I have a lot of fun.

I know many other season holders and they’re nice people and with Mr. iT being in the biz that she is I know all sorts of staff.

I sit same row opposite isle as Flag Guy. He’s a very sweet man. There’s also a man with certain disabilities that comes with his brother and sits in the adjacent section that I am highly entertained by.

Sometimes I glance down his way and he is head forward, leaning way out just staring at me. I completely understand. I have a peculiar look. 

When he sees that I see him seeing me he puts his hand beside his face like a wall. “I wasn’t staring at you…” 

Make me and his brother both laugh every time. 

As for the old days? Meh.

Super stoked for live hockey.

20 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I’ve only been in WNY since ‘96. I wasn’t really in a position to attend games until ‘98ish so I don’t know the old days.

I’ve had seasons for eight years now and I’ll keep renewing because I have a lot of fun.

I know many other season holders and they’re nice people and with Mr. iT being in the biz that she is I know all sorts of staff.

I sit same row opposite isle as Flag Guy. He’s a very sweet man. There’s also a man with certain disabilities that comes with his brother and sits in the adjacent section that I am highly entertained by.

Sometimes I glance down his way and he is head forward, leaning way out just staring at me. I completely understand. I have a peculiar look. 

When he sees that I see him seeing me he puts his hand beside his face like a wall. “I wasn’t staring at you…” 

Make me and his brother both laugh every time. 

As for the old days? Meh.

Super stoked for live hockey.

Also super stoked to see games again. 

Growing up, my dad was a STH, so we went to a lot of games in the mid-80’s to mid-90’s. Those Amerks teams were always tough, competitive, skilled, hard-working, and usually had a solid G or 2. Attendance was usually fairly packed for games. 

We also went to a lot of their practices, and I got to meet all of the players frequently. The team used to throw me $20 to clean up the towels after games and practices, and the players would show me how they would curve their sticks. Rob Ray was always super nice, except for the time he almost decked my father at a Tux and Pux dinner. Hoffard hip checks, Andy Ristau fights, the magic of Jody Gage...those days were great. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, inkman said:

Here is an excerpt of the article I linked.

Expected in Rochester or Cincy for the 2021/2022 season

Center

Andrew Oglevie (UFA in 2022/2023)

Sean Malone (UFA in 2022/2023)

Mason Jobst (UFA in 2022/2023)

Right Wing

Jack Quinn (RFA in 2024/2025)

J-J Peterka (RFA in 2024/2025)

Brandon Biro (RFA in 2022/2023)

Left Wing

Brett Murray (RFA in 2022/2023)

Linus Weissbach (RFA in 2023/2024)

Matej Pekar (RFA in 2023/2024)

Lukas Rousek (RFA in 2023/2024)

Left Defense

Jacob Bryson (RFA in 2022/2023)

Mattias Samuelsson (RFA in 2023/2024)

Brandon Davidson (UFA in 2022/2023)

Jimmy Schuldt (UFA in 2022/2023)

Josh Teves (UFA in 2022/2023)

Matthew Cairns (UFA in 2022/2023)

Right Defense

Oskari Laaksonen (RFA in 2023/2024)

Casey Fitzgerald (RFA in 2023/2024)

Mitch Eliot (UFA in 2022/2023)

Nick Boka (UFA in 2022/2023)

Ethan Prow (UFA in 2022/2023)

Goalies

Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (RFA in 2022/2023)

Dustin Tokarski (UFA in 2022/2023)

Mat Robson (UFA in 2022/2023)

• Like (+1) 1

Very interested in seeing Bryson on that list.

He’s 23 waiver-eligible and still on his first contract - just like Wiesbach, Murray, and Ruotsalainen - yet didn’t play in the rookie camp.

The only reason I could see for that is that he’s considered a Sabre, like Cozens.

13 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Very interested in seeing Bryson on that list.

He’s 23 waiver-eligible and still on his first contract - just like Wiesbach, Murray, and Ruotsalainen - yet didn’t play in the rookie camp.

The only reason I could see for that is that he’s considered a Sabre, like Cozens.

Keep in mind it’s just a blog, and also the article is from July. 

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

It’s been many many years since I’ve been to an Amerks game, but I’m going to try and make the I90 roadie two or three times this season. 

It's shaping up to be a good year for that. Should be plenty of young talent to watch. 

On 9/29/2021 at 7:28 PM, LabattBlue said:

It’s been many many years since I’ve been to an Amerks game, but I’m going to try and make the I90 roadie two or three times this season. 

Seems you see more competitive hockey at a lower price. If I were inclined to purchase a ticket it would be for an Amerks game.

9 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Have you ever been to Utica?

Yes, I live in Syracuse. They recently renovated their old arena and added a secondary rink to it. Back when I coached youth hockey the locker room we used had mirrors and lights like those for a Broadway musical.

I’m waffling on how I think this Amerks team will be. There’s some good young talent. I think they probably should’ve signed one addition veteran scorer. I think the offense might struggle, especially with Oglevie out, and Rousek out for who knows how long. 

I like the look of the defense with Prow, Schuldt and Davidson as the veterans. 

I’m not a fan UPL at all, hope he can take the next step. Dell is historically a very good AHL goalie. 

Overall I think they’ll be competitive, but probably struggle against a team like Syracuse, who seems stacked again. 

1 hour ago, Amerks8796 said:

I’m waffling on how I think this Amerks team will be. There’s some good young talent. I think they probably should’ve signed one addition veteran scorer. I think the offense might struggle, especially with Oglevie out, and Rousek out for who knows how long. 

I must have missed it by what's Oglevie out with?

1 hour ago, Digger said:

I must have missed it by what's Oglevie out with?

Didn’t catch it either, but he didn’t play in camp. Brandon Biro was another.

At least two more forward cuts coming from Buffalo, probably out of Hayden Eakin, Peterka, Jonsson-Fjallby. And I’m going to guess Fitzgerald and Samuelsson on D

So, when healthy, something like (not sure if I missed anyone, and not actual suggested lines) …?

Murray Eakin Peterka

Mersch Malone Quinn

Rousek MacInnis Weissbach 

Pekar Oglevie Biro

Scarfo Franco Warren

Samuelsson Laaksonen

Schuldt Fitzgerald

Davidson Prow

Lukkonen

Dell

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.