Rochester Americans 2021-2022

Brawndo

27 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

So he’s backing up UPL? Is that the assumed plan?

The Sabres are going to give UPL the opportunity to win the Sabres job with Anderson as mentor / backup, and Dell, Tokarski, and Houser competing for Rochester tandem. If UPL starts in Rochester, Dell will backup Anderson in Buffalo, and Tokarski will probably backup UPL in Rochester, with Houser back in the ECHL as before.

55 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

So he’s backing up UPL? Is that the assumed plan?

He's in Cincinnati at #5 on the depth chart right now, and hopefully #6 before the summer is over.

Ideally:

Buffalo:

New guy

Anderson

Rochester

UPL

Tokarski/Dell

Cincinnati:

Houser

Some guy we never hear of

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

What does their roster look like right now

Centers: Hayden, MacInnis, Oglevie, Malone

RW: Quinn, JJP, Weissbach, Pekar

LW Biro, Murray, Mersch

Defense: Sameulsson, Laaksonen, Davidson, Prow, Schuldt, Fitzgerald

Goalie: UPL, Togarski, Dell & Houser?

I’d be pleasantly surprised if Hayden laced em up for the Amerks.    He hasn’t played in the minors since 2017.  

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’d be pleasantly surprised if Hayden laced em up for the Amerks.    He hasn’t played in the minors since 2017.  

But he also isn't a very effective NHLer.  14 points total over 3 seasons isn't exactly a major contributor.  I don't see him beating out Eakin for the 4th line C job.  If Jack returns he maybe our 6th best center behind, Jack, Mitts, Cozens, R2 and Eakin.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

32 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

But he also isn't a very effective NHLer.  14 points total over 3 seasons isn't exactly a major contributor.  I don't see him beating out Eakin for the 4th line C job.  If Jack returns he maybe our 6th best center behind, Jack, Mitts, Cozens, R2 and Eakin.

Yes.  I didn’t need it mansplained to me. Also, almost every center can play wing.  He is here to punch people in the face. Not play actual hockey.  Unfortunately. 

Edited by inkman

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I would be very surprised at this point if Eakin starts in Buffalo ahead of Hayden.

I would not be surprised if one of Caggiula, Hinostroza or Girgensons is playing centre ahead of Eakin.

And I expect at least one more cetre added to the roster before the start of the season.

I think Donnie is pretty much done with Cody. He needs a miracle off-season turnaround, copious injuries to other forwards and/or a spectacular camp to be in Buffalo this year.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I would be very surprised at this point if Eakin starts in Buffalo ahead of Hayden.

I would not be surprised if one of Caggiula, Hinostroza or Girgensons is playing centre ahead of Eakin.

And I expect at least one more cetre added to the roster before the start of the season.

I think Donnie is pretty much done with Cody. He needs a miracle off-season turnaround, copious injuries to other forwards and/or a spectacular camp to be in Buffalo this year.

I'm no Cody fan, and I agree that DG probably isn't a huge fan either.  However, I looked at Eakin's PT under DG last season and it was very similar to his PTR under RK.  RK had cut his PT to about 11 minutes from 14 toward the end of his tenure.  DG played him 14 minutes plus most nights.  Only in the last few games did it seem DG kicked him to the curb, but that may also have been from a nagging injury that kept him out of the season finale.

I never wanted Eakin signed in the first place and I don't want him back next season if I had a choice, but I'm not sure the DG hates Eakin narrative is 100% correct.

PS Hayden played less then 10 minutes a game most nights for the Yotes last season and wasn't relied on to kill penalties.  He is also a 32% career faceoff guy. Cody was 54% last year for us and over 50% for his career.

I'd rather MacInnis play over both guys.  He has Hayden size, is ok in the faceoff circle and I think he has more offense to give then either Eakin or Hayden even though it hasn't shown up in his limited callups so far. Truthfully none of the above would be the best choice.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

34 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think that when push comes to shove, Adam Henrique becomes a Buffalo Sabre - whether it’s part of the Eichel trade or in another deal.

For a player whose job is to insulate the kids, I wouldn’t hate that.

• Like (+1) 1

This year and next are going to be even more important in Rochester if they are going to get the process rolling.

There could potentially be several future Sabres down on the farm, jelling and learning to win together. 

Ideally UPL starts in Rochester and is able to establish himself, earn an AHL all star birth or something.  

On 8/4/2021 at 8:22 PM, dudacek said:

I think that when push comes to shove, Adam Henrique becomes a Buffalo Sabre - whether it’s part of the Eichel trade or in another deal.

On 8/4/2021 at 9:55 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m actually ok with that.  He is a real pro.  Good mentor for kids. Likely better influence then ROR or Kane.

So, is Henrique expected to play for the Amerks?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.