Michael Peca joining Amerks Coaching Staff

Brawndo

6 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

This is the greatest news I've gotten from this team in years.  Yes I see his track as a future HC.  

I'm so hyped.  

He's my favorite Sabre of all time (him and Hasek and LaLa right there) played the game and handled himself the way I want all players to play.  Such great news!   

All in on Adams he just won a ton of goodwill from me.  

He definitely is learning the e ropes.  Coach Jr Sabres, GM Jr Sabres, Caps Development Coach, now AHL assistant coach.  

Excellent player, Selke winner, and he wore the C with dignity.  

I think he has HC potential.  This assignment will tell a lot.  Adams building a coaching prospect pool.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Quite possibly my favorite Sabre ever.  Tough as nails and generously listed at 180lbs.  He absolutely destroyed guys.  Half the hits would probably be deemed illegal now and he’d probably have to fight after every hit.  Doubt the Sabres will ever see the likes of his ilk again. 

Cozens.  I see his game in Cozens but he's more offensively gifted.   

10 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Cozens.  I see his game in Cozens but he's more offensively gifted.   

Sadly he’s the closest thing we’ve had since.  He certainly won’t yard sale someone at center ice like Mike did.  Could be a leader though.  There is a giant hole there (has been since Ryan Miller left).  

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Zamboni said:

At this point, I couldn’t care less what he did as a player. He’s a coach. Hopefully a good development coach. Get the next wave ready for the NHL. And help create a winning culture.

That’s one thing we definitely know about Peca. He’s a proven winner with a great attitude. Glad to have him on board. 

5 hours ago, FogBat said:

Oh, the way he leveled Tie Domi right after coming out of the penalty box. That was priceless.

If I remember right, he actually waited for Domi; the penalty had expired for a second or three before he stepped out.

• Like (+1) 1

One under-rated note about this hire: like Matt Ellis and Adam Mair, he had success in Buffalo.  We need more people associated with the team and interact with the players who expect the Buffalo Sabres and Rochester Americans to be good.  That attitude in and of itself is a positive.

• Like (+1) 4

17 hours ago, MattPie said:

If I remember right, he actually waited for Domi; the penalty had expired for a second or three before he stepped out.

Did Domi go after him eventually?   Was there the obligatory Ray v Domi fight? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.