Pegulas New Bills Stadium Proposal a Public and Private Partnership

Brawndo

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Bloody Hell!!

Can't the fans just have some fun without these (in general) billionairs making a quick buck.

And specifically to the Pegulas, I agee completely.

The fans should boycott every last item that they will be throwing out there and come up with some new gimicky thing.

Billionaires are taking over the world.  It's human nature for some people to want to rule the majority, i.e. the middle class.  

14 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'll shock Zamboni by defending him. I don't like the tone of your responses. Maybe there's a joke I'm missing or some kind of history.

It's late.

Thanks. It’s all good. Some are expected to bite their tongue. And some don’t have to.

and sometimes it’s not worth it to not bite the tongue 😂

Yea, like you said. it’s late 

• Thanks (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The league would love to move the Packers.  They can't.  They are the only community owned team & the league has since put rules in place to guarantee THAT "mistake" doesn't happen again.

Those other teams are all in bigger US markets.  (Not positive greater Cincy is bigger than greater Buffalo if the NP is included, but the NP is never included in those rankings.

If you think that then you couldn't possibly be more wrong. The Packers are one of the 5 or so most popular teams in the entire league.

Just something of a reality check: How many major markets don't already have a team and either have an NFL level stadium or can afford to build one? I really can't think of one. Austin? Is the team just going to play in the UT stadium (unlikely)? Why would Jones or Lanier allow a 3rd team in the state when the result would be shrinking their market share? Would an NFL team succeed in a town where UT is everything?

I doubt the NFL would really want to move Buffalo over teams like Jacksonville. Primarily due to the appearance of a moving a team that sells out with a season ticket waiting list versus a stadium that has to cover multiple sections in their stadium.

I don't doubt Buffalo is one of the smaller markets, but we are also one of the more rabid fanbases and its extremely unlikely Bills fans would follow them elsewhere. Effectively, while Austin might make more immediate money; Buffalo is far better in terms of publicity and helping secure a Canadian audience. I doubt Jerry Jones would want a 3rd team in Texas and since he'd be the primary proponent for a move I can't see it happening.

Oddly I think the NFL likes Buffalo to a certain degree; we help bring in viewership and revenue from Toronto while also being an easy target for the whole idea of "see we don't only care about money" which protects the NFL some from potential tax troubles.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I'm guessing the Pegulas didn't exactly ask for what was reported. Hell they could of asked for 85% funding to start but the media obviously loves to blow things up like that.

After reading it, here’s my guess.

Pegulas are asking for something between 1.1 and 1.5 billion for the new stadium.

The Pegulas are pledging around 400 mil in their money to renovating the KBC.

If you put the stadium cost at 2 billion, and add the loan from the NFL the state pays about 75%. 

They are likely trying to hedge further privately funded KBC renovations with County/State assistance on the new stadium.

The original price tag on the stadium’s projection was around the funding request hence the news saying they want 100% funding.

They unlikely gave any serious threat about moving the team but sensationalism is far better for clicks.

Edited by thewookie1

Based on what has been reported over the last few months it isn’t going to happen, but I was hoping for a downtown domed stadium.  Instead, it appears to be an open air stadium in OP(based on speculated costs).  

I just hope they don’t overdo the number of $$$$ suites and club seats, that after the fact, they realize they can’t sell them at initial pricing levels. 

On 8/1/2021 at 8:58 AM, LGR4GM said:

Before covid the NFL made 16 billion in profit. Yet the league isn't chipping in money and the 5 billion dollar owners aren't. Let's fund the stadium, we get 75% of the profit until the loan is paid off plus 25% extra and then we get 25% of the profit from that point forward. Giving billions to rich ppl is ***** dumb. Nys would be better off investing 1.5 billion in Buffalo's telecommunications infrastructure to attract businesses. 

Move the team. I'll watch college football instead. 

College football is a far superior product anyhow. More exciting, diversification with schemes, more things to speculate and talk about etc. Granted UB is in a boring conference and Cuse was awful last year, but still. There is too much parity in the NFL, it’s boring. 

5 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

College football is a far superior product anyhow. More exciting, diversification with schemes, more things to speculate and talk about etc. Granted UB is in a boring conference and Cuse was awful last year, but still. There is too much parity in the NFL, it’s boring. 

How can having too much parity be a bad thing for any sport? I'll tell you right now the CFB playoffs and title game. How is that better than the NFL where any team in the playoffs can realistically win the Super Bowl?

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

How can having too much parity be a bad thing for any sport? I'll tell you right now the CFB playoffs and title game. How is that better than the NFL where any team in the playoffs can realistically win the Super Bowl?

*except the Jets

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, WildCard said:

Because it’s boring when the games are relatively always somewhat close. Feels like the NBA; buzzer beating wins the day rather than true dominance. What essentially wins the game is when the time runs out. To each their own but that feels arbitrary to me. 

Just now, I-90 W said:

Because it’s boring when the games are relatively always somewhat close. Feels like the NBA; buzzer beating wins the day rather than true dominance. What essentially wins the game is when the time runs out. To each their own but that feels arbitrary to me. 

…….. Wut

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

*except the Jets

Jets have to make the playoffs first 😉 

2 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

The NBA couldn't be further from this. It is, by far, the professional league with the least parity. True dominance is what the NBA is all about.

Just now, WildCard said:

Jets have to make the playoffs first 😉 

The NBA couldn't be further from this. It is, by far, the professional league with the least parity. True dominance is what the NBA is all about.

Haven’t watched it since the 90s, just remember the games always being close.

1 minute ago, I-90 W said:

NFL is the NASCAR of football. The games are always close and all the teams play similarly. The close scores may be exciting for many but I think it’s boring. I’d much rather watch CFB where true upsets are possible.

Which is fine if that's what you like. Personally while NCAAF moments are great for those few games where some unranked team knocks off Notre Dame, that happens so few and far between it can't match the consistency of a good game the NFL will put on. Also, now with the NCAAF playoffs, those upsets matter a lot less. Notre Dame will still make the playoffs even if they're upset once.

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I'm guessing the Pegulas didn't exactly ask for what was reported. Hell they could of asked for 85% funding to start but the media obviously loves to blow things up like that.

After reading it, here’s my guess.

Pegulas are asking for something between 1.1 and 1.5 billion for the new stadium.

The Pegulas are pledging around 400 mil in their money to renovating the KBC.

If you put the stadium cost at 2 billion, and add the loan from the NFL the state pays about 75%. 

They are likely trying to hedge further privately funded KBC renovations with County/State assistance on the new stadium.

The original price tag on the stadium’s projection was around the funding request hence the news saying they want 100% funding.

They unlikely gave any serious threat about moving the team but sensationalism is far better for clicks.

Yeah.  I know it was a leak... but reading the original article didn't seem like even the starting point for a negotiation and painted them in an absolutely terrible light.  

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Which is fine if that's what you like. Personally while NCAAF moments are great for those few games where some unranked team knocks off Notre Dame, that happens so few and far between it can't match the consistency of a good game the NFL will put on. Also, now with the NCAAF playoffs, those upsets matter a lot less. Notre Dame will still make the playoffs even if they're upset once.

Honestly the playoff are nice but I always track all the New Years Six bowl games and upsets definitely matter when determining those. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.