Pegulas New Bills Stadium Proposal a Public and Private Partnership

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

NFL hates Buffalo and would move us to Austin in a heartbeat. They’d probably move us to London if it wasn’t for COVID. Especially as the team is good and the city would embrace a good team out of the gate. 

Funding stadiums is also a total scam. 

Enjoy the Bills while we can 

Why would they want to move the Bills instead of say...the Bengals, Jags, Browns, Packers, or Chiefs?

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Why would they want to move the Bills instead of say...the Bengals, Jags, Browns, Packers, or Chiefs?

Browns, Chiefs, Bengals are all bigger markets than buffalo with bigger corporate sponsors.   Packers have a huge national following and generate a lot of merchandise sales year after year.  The Jags?  That is another story, but I think Jacksonville is now a bigger market than Buffalo and if you project trends 5-10 years from now it should be a MUCH larger market than Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, triumph_communes said:

NFL hates Buffalo and would move us to Austin in a heartbeat. Especially as the team is good and the city would embrace a good team out of the gate. 

Funding stadiums is also a total scam. 

Enjoy the Bills while we can 

joe pesci goodfellas GIF

It’s just business. 

13 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

What if Terry says...if we raise ticket prices A LOT, and sell PSL’s, I will kick in a larger chunk, and therefore, the county and NYS will kick in less?

Trust me.  I live in the Dallas market.  That's not how it works.

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Because Buffalo of course.

2 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Green Bay

12 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Browns, Chiefs, Bengals are all bigger markets than buffalo with bigger corporate sponsors.   Packers have a huge national following and generate a lot of merchandise sales year after year.  The Jags?  That is another story, but I think Jacksonville is now a bigger market than Buffalo and if you project trends 5-10 years from now it should be a MUCH larger market than Buffalo.

What about when Southern Ontario and Rochester are factored in?

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

What about when Southern Ontario and Rochester are factored in?

I think that includes Rochester (Even with Rochester factored in, the Buffalo market is still very small...for example in Jacksonville can also include Daytona Beach....Green Bay includes Milwaukee..etc)

Southern Ontario isn't factored in at all. Other than the fans crossing the border to attend games, the TV numbers aren't included, as the NFL has a different contract with Canadian networks I'm pretty sure)

3 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

They'll make an agreement here; the NFL does like Buffalo due to its fanbase and I doubt the Pegulas actually intend to move the team. That being said we'll be hearing a lot of this as they try and angle themselves to get more public funds.

The Pegulas would never move the team.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I have to take exception to that.  The Raiders have been raided repeatedly, moved to LA and back and now to Vegas and their fan base is just as rabid.

Raiders fans are definitely rabid.

47 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

What if Terry says...if we raise ticket prices A LOT, and sell PSL’s, I will kick in a larger chunk, and therefore, the county and NYS will kick in less?

Why would Terry give up the ability to do both because that is absolutely what is coming - both.

18 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Raiders fans are definitely rabid.

Why would Terry give up the ability to do both because that is absolutely what is coming - both.

Bottom line...I’m still in favor of Erie County and NYS contributing as little as possible.  F Terry.  You want a new stadium, you fund the majority of it.  

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

The Bills aren't moving.  Geez.

Given the league’s financial trajectory, it’s almost inevitable that the Bills will be moved.

*Almost*.

I’m resigned to their relocation, and to giving up on the NFL (a real estate development consortium masquerading as a sports league).

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Given the league’s financial trajectory, it’s almost inevitable that the Bills will be moved.

*Almost*.

I’m resigned to their relocation, and to giving up on the NFL (a real estate development consortium masquerading as a sports league).

I don’t see it.  IMO...with a new stadium, they are going nowhere for at least 25 years...if not more. 

11 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

*Almost*.

The Bills aren't moving.  You're being ridiculous.

• Thanks (+1) 2

5 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

There is to much of a rich history for the NFL to 'hate' the Bills.  The fans in the area (including Southern Ontario and Northwestern PA) are the most loyal in the land.

I will say that the NFL would prefer if a 'big market' team(s) are the most competative each year, I think so anyway, but the TV deal is as it is, so they get the bulk of their revenue from that.  I do believe that the Bills are a big national TV draw when they are doing well.

I assume that a Chiefs / Bills Championship game is not the ideal matchup for the NFL, but to bad, it's likely to happen again this coming season.

Ideal as far as premiere QBs facing off, for sure. But the league is pretty much run by Robert Kraft and Jerry Jones, two owners that want spectacular revenue growth every year. They see Buffalo as a boat anchor to that growth. Small media market, few major corporations (although regionally we have lots of those,) and fans who are generally poorer and ticket prices reflect that.

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I forgot the Pegulas trademarked Bills Mafia.  To hell with them and the horse they road in on. 

Bloody Hell!!

Can't the fans just have some fun without these (in general) billionairs making a quick buck.

And specifically to the Pegulas, I agee completely.

The fans should boycott every last item that they will be throwing out there and come up with some new gimicky thing.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

4 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

The Packers are the only team in the NFL that is owned by shareholders. Slightly more than 360,000 of them own the approximately 5 Million Shares of the Team. They are not going anywhere. 

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

The league would love to move the Packers.  They can't.  They are the only community owned team & the league has since put rules in place to guarantee THAT "mistake" doesn't happen again.

Those other teams are all in bigger US markets.  (Not positive greater Cincy is bigger than greater Buffalo if the NP is included, but the NP is never included in those rankings.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.