Pegulas New Bills Stadium Proposal a Public and Private Partnership

Brawndo

More than anything, Buffalo/Erie County will cave because the Bills are one of the few things that make the area retain that “big city” status, even if it’s a total facade, that the area is barely holding onto.

It would be an ugly PR black eye for the region and state if the Bills left. I’d expect both sides will cave toward the middle on an agreement.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, eanyills said:

More than anything, Buffalo/Erie County will cave because the Bills are one of the few things that make the area retain that “big city” status, even if it’s a total facade, that the area is barely holding onto.

It would be an ugly PR black eye for the region and state if the Bills left. I’d expect both sides will cave toward the middle on an agreement.

Welcome!!

Sent you a beer.

16 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Meh. No real news. Posturing. Alleged “Leaking” info. “Insiders with intimate knowledge”. 

Someone should take screenshots or keep a record of all these little tidbits that come out… And then compare them with the final definitive plan. My guess is they’re going to be quite different from each other. 

That’s not a leak. That’s a direct quote from a spokesperson.

28 minutes ago, Hoss said:

That’s not a leak. That’s a direct quote from a spokesperson.

A spokesperson for PSE.  I think someone should tell Terry it's time to decide whether he wants a hockey team or not.  We've been unable to answer that question for the last decade or so.

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/18/2021 at 5:16 PM, mjd1001 said:

Decide if they want a team?

Then go.  I like the Bills, but my life doesn't end without them. I have television to watch all the Football I want. Not liking having my/our taxes and fees keep going up so those Billionaires can have their new stadium paid for (mostly) by everyone else.

This happens with every new stadium. I have no idea why people are ignoring history and hanging on every word. 

• 2 weeks later...

2027?  😂

You are building in a parking lot across the street from the stadium, and yet it will still take 6 years to negotiate the deal with the state and county, put the job out to bid, and build it?  I know these are not small task, but 5-6 years?   Very NYS like.  If we are lucky Josh Allen will still be a Bill by the time this gets completed.

Also, the lower the capacity the higher the prices will go, and PSL's for most if not all seats.  Don't be surprised if they shoot for the moon with suite, club seats, and regular seats prices(all including PSL's), and then drop the price down when seats go unsold...and don't expect discounted concessions like they implemented in the Mercedes Benz dome in Atlanta.

Be prepared for jaw dropping prices.  Thankfully all games are on TV now, so for those who choose you can have a nice party at home each week, and have a beautiful end of season vacation versus the cost of season tickets. 😂

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

2027?  😂

You are building in a parking lot across the street from the stadium, and yet it will still take 6 years to negotiate the deal with the state and county, put the job out to bid, and build it?  I know these are not small task, but 5-6 years?   Very NYS like.  If we are lucky Josh Allen will still be a Bill by the time this gets completed.

11 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Also, the lower the capacity the higher the prices will go, and PSL's for most if not all seats.  Don't be surprised if they shoot for the moon with suite, club seats, and regular seats prices(all including PSL's), and then drop the price down when seats go unsold...and don't expect discounted concessions like they implemented in the Mercedes Benz dome in Atlanta.

Be prepared for jaw dropping prices.  Thankfully all games are on TV now, so for those who choose you can have a nice party at home each week, and have a beautiful end of season vacation versus the cost of season tickets. 😂

The Delaware North building took a couple of years, and it's considerably smaller than a stadium.  

Prices will be higher, but I don't think they'll be jaw-dropping.  And since I'm sick of idiots using the vomitories at the stadium as if that word meant "a place to vomit," I'm fine with pricing them out.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

The Delaware North building took a couple of years, and it's considerably smaller than a stadium.  

Prices will be higher, but I don't think they'll be jaw-dropping.  And since I'm sick of idiots using the vomitories at the stadium as if that word meant "a place to vomit," I'm fine with pricing them out.

It's all about the size of the construction crews.  Throw enough manpower at a project, and the timeline will always be shortened.  Considering the state of the current stadium, I would think it is in their best interest to want the new stadium completed sooner rather than later.  

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

It's all about the size of the construction crews.  Throw enough manpower at a project, and the timeline will always be shortened.  Considering the state of the current stadium, I would think it is in their best interest to want the new stadium completed sooner rather than later.  

There is zero possibility that the stadium is completed anywhere close to on time or on budget.

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Are you sure misbehavior is inversely related to ability to pay? Or are you saying if tickets are expensive enough fewer people will "waste" them by getting drunk?

Also it looks a lot like Rich.

11 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

There is zero possibility that the stadium is completed anywhere close to on time or on budget.

Yes.  There are my thoughts that it should be completed quicker, and then as you stated above...there is reality.  

Edited by LabattBlue

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

I feel like I must be the only person who has zero problem with everything that is being proposed so far.

I don't really have a problem with it but I do wonder whether 60K is enough seats.

As far as the price tag, that's what a stadium costs now.  If we wanted a cheaper one, we could have built it 20 years ago.  I think it was smarter to wait, though, and we now have squeezed every drop out of Rich.  Time for a new one.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I don't really have a problem with it but I do wonder whether 60K is enough seats.

As far as the price tag, that's what a stadium costs now.  If we wanted a cheaper one, we could have built it 20 years ago.  I think it was smarter to wait, though, and we now have squeezed every drop out of Rich.  Time for a new one.

25,000 should be the new standard for NFL stadiums. Big screen TVs, huge network deals. It’s a made for TV event. These stadiums aren’t worth the juice anymore. 

• Like (+1) 2

So what does this mean for the Sabres arena?  

Originally, the first story said funds were going to be linked for upgrades here with the new Bills stadium, I haven't heard much about that.

Key Bank Center already needs some major upgrades now...I can't imagine how it is going to be in 5-7 years from now if it doesn't get major upgrades/repairs.

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

So what does this mean for the Sabres arena?  

Originally, the first story said funds were going to be linked for upgrades here with the new Bills stadium, I haven't heard much about that.

Key Bank Center already needs some major upgrades now...I can't imagine how it is going to be in 5-7 years from now if it doesn't get major upgrades/repairs.

What they really ought to do is just build a new arena. Everyone wants so badly for the football stadium to be some kind of downtown year round destination (it wouldn't be even if they put it there, but that's beside the point), so why not make a new arena the thing that accomplishes that goal?

Build a new arena across the street where the HSBC lot is and then re-develop the land where the arena currently sits into something that is more attractive.

Hell, the current arena site is where the new convention center should really go...

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

What they really ought to do is just build a new arena. Everyone wants so badly for the football stadium to be some kind of downtown year round destination (it wouldn't be even if they put it there, but that's beside the point), so why not make a new arena the thing that accomplishes that goal?

Build a new arena across the street where the HSBC lot is and then re-develop the land where the arena currently sits into something that is more attractive.

Hell, the current arena site is where the new convention center should really go...

A new arena could be both. Convention center and sports arena combo can host events all year. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.