Pegulas New Bills Stadium Proposal a Public and Private Partnership

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

She wouldn't have a shot at winning the Democratic primary, but given the incumbency, she now has that advantage.  Once she wins the primary I think it will be hard to beat an upstate Democrat.

She did beat one of the most popular names for governor in the democratic primary just a couple years ago. Not saying you’re wrong but just a thought. The democratic primary winner will be governor, though, and it won’t be her.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

It was criticized as excessive compared to other downtown developments.

Link for that? And you are an anti-freaking everything that makes people happy

58 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

On a somewhat related note, Doug Jemel has done more for Buffalo development, than the Pegula’s ever will.  The guy is really underrated. 

Jemal should be a regional treasure if and only if his projects come through.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Jemal should be a regional treasure if and only if his projects come through.  

Well...he already did a great job on the HSBC tower, has made the outside of the Statler look like it is open instead of abandoned, and took over the Hotel Henry and refunded wedding deposits to all couples who were stiffed by the prior owner.  Not sure what other WNY projects are on his radar. 

[edited]....  

https://buffalonews.com/business/local/douglas-jemal-moves-full-speed-ahead-on-bevy-of-buffalo-projects/article_cab12e4c-ce20-11eb-a68d-afcda413165a.html

...and I had his name spelled wrong in my prior post. Oops. 😱

Edited by LabattBlue

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

On a somewhat related note, Doug Jemal has done more for Buffalo development, than the Pegula’s ever will.  The guy is really underrated. 

I’m far from sold. He’s got a bit of a Simpsons monorail vibe to him. He’s got a white collar conviction in his past (felony fraud), and then that wacko interview he gave recently where he said he may well die penniless? No thanks.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

I’m far from sold. He’s got a bit of a Simpsons monorail vibe to him. He’s got a white collar conviction in his past (felony fraud), and then that wacko interview he gave recently where he said he may well die penniless? No thanks.

Wow.  A little harsh.  

8 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sounds like my kinda guy.  Crazy and broke.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Meh. No real news. Posturing. Alleged “Leaking” info. “Insiders with intimate knowledge”. 

Someone should take screenshots or keep a record of all these little tidbits that come out… And then compare them with the final definitive plan. My guess is they’re going to be quite different from each other. 

11 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Meh. No real news. Posturing. Alleged “Leaking” info. “Insiders with intimate knowledge”. 

Someone should take screenshots or keep a record of all these little tidbits that come out… And then compare them with the final definitive plan. My guess is they’re going to be quite different from each other. 

This may be posturing, but it’s not a leak. This is an unequivocal statement from PSE’s spokesperson. It is a frickin’ hammer too.

I love the Bills. But, honestly, f**k outta here with that bullsh1t. And fook off, NFL.

• Like (+1) 6

2 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Shameless.

And this is a really, really good point by the same writer (Florio, I presume):

Decide if they want a team?

Then go.  I like the Bills, but my life doesn't end without them. I have television to watch all the Football I want. Not liking having my/our taxes and fees keep going up so those Billionaires can have their new stadium paid for (mostly) by everyone else.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.