Evander Kane betting allegations

Hoss

1 minute ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

It's hard for one winger to control the outcome of a whole game but I wonder if there are prop bets available on specific players. That is something one person could control.  

Interesting question

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I was told I was wrong about he just gets " Accused" of things whatever 

Dude is a scumbag and always will be

For one he's poor

And, once again, all this is, is an accusation.  There’s no proof or facts, just an allegation lobbed into the court of public opinion. The court of public opinion tends to find guilt just because someone says something on the internet. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

And, once again, all this is, is an accusation.  There’s no proof or facts, just an allegation lobbed into the court of public opinion. The court of public opinion tends to find guilt just because someone says something on the internet. 

I'm sorry when you keep on getting accused of things what's this 8 something doesn't add up

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I was told I was wrong about he just gets " Accused" of things whatever 

Dude is a scumbag and always will be

For one he's poor

When someone came up with the idiom “when there’s smoke, there’s fire”, it was completely random. It wasn’t based on any facts or prior experiences. 

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm sorry when you keep on getting accused of things what's this 8 something doesn't add up

9 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

And when the accusations are against someone with a long history of turdly behavior they are more readily accepted.

You both could be correct. Still, there’s no facts present. 

What I saw, was Kane tell his ex privately that he needed the keys to his house and car, which she made public and ranted about. The next post was her mad that he was going to Europe. The next two posts, shes suddenly accusing him of illegally betting on his own games? The order of operations there suggests anger and spite, not necessarily facts. 

Not saying it’s not true, but that it is sus. 

I have known quite a few people that were bad, or jerks, or aholes, liars, or morally incompetent, but it didn’t mean they were criminals. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

For one he's poor

I meant why start this thread.

Why do we have to drag this poor guy through the mud every chance we get?

Some social media junk and right away with no investigation, or anything, he is vilified.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I checked, you can for baseball on things like specific player hitting home runs or not so I'd imagine you can for hockey and goals and maybe things like getting into fights or not.

You wouldn't win a lot on betting on yourself to NOT score, but it's also a guaranteed win on a specific day if you need some money.  Same thing if fights are a prop bet, since they are rare you'd win more on betting on yourself to have a fight on a specific night, then you just need to go out and have one.

This sort of thing is more common than people want to believe, particularly with these types of prop bets that hinge on a specific person doing something or not doing that thing.  In baseball you can bet on specific players hitting homeruns or not. Pretty easy to not hit a homerun on a given night. You can even do it without looking like you are tanking.

Yeah. It seems the options are rather endless. I can imagine a scenario where he was motivated by the bet he made that day. It would be hard to convince me he wasn't. 

1 minute ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Well, we will find out now, won't we?  Angry and spiteful as she may be right now she's also in a position to have knowledge. I'm also more inclined to believe people when disclosing information publicly works against their own self-interest. If this turns out to be true, the remaining income Evander has is going to go away and it's going to make a bad financial situation worse. She has nothing to gain if there are no assets to take.  He already lost most of what there was and if he's still spending money like that he's rapidly blowing through whatever is left, regardless of how he is getting it.

Poor guy? At a minimum he's treating his pregnant wife badly enough that she came out with this.  Yup. poor guy.

The guy has issues, like the rest of us, but since he is a celebrity this stuff is latched onto.

Yes.  Poor guy.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Well, we will find out now, won't we?  Angry and spiteful as she may be right now she's also in a position to have knowledge. I'm also more inclined to believe people when disclosing information publicly works against their own self-interest. If this turns out to be true, the remaining income Evander has is going to go away and it's going to make a bad financial situation worse. She has nothing to gain if there are no assets to take.  He already lost most of what there was and if he's still spending money like that he's rapidly blowing through whatever is left, regardless of how he is getting it.

This is assuming she has the candle power to understand that 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.