Sabres Sign Ryan MacInnis to a One Year Deal

Brawndo

9 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Still irrelevant. 

and I'm allowed to hate this team as much as I want to right now. You can chill all you want to, I hate what this franchise has turned into. and don't bother telling me I should leave, I'm already mulling it over. 

Hate the team all you want (and justifiably so).  Respectfully, please, just stop coming in here and spewing that hate. It is not helpful or productive to this community.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

You what you desperately wanted - a franchise flush - but you expected them to acquire better versions of the players being flushed right away?

Not snark, serious question.

I did want a flush you are right. (and Eichel is still here so a plunger is needed before the stink rises) but there's no proper reset to go with it. We needed to start with 2 goalies. That's your cornerstone. Adams went all in on Ullmark (with his ceiling) but there was no back up plan and no second goalie. Kraken got themselves too many goalies and a really good one as their cornerstone. They get it. Bruins already had a very promising Swayman ready but they stole Ullmark. They get it. We needed to add veteran leaders to teach the kids. We added a bunch of journeymen and fringe bodies. Who wears the C this year? Kyle? 

You can't just flush, wait for the kids and leave it alone, you need a foundation to build around. The way it sits now we're just going to teach the next group to lose same as before. 

and the Eichel situation has been blown by Adams. It's going to be worse than ROR. Just watch. 

1 minute ago, Jävə Keith said:

Hate the team all you want (and justifiably so).  Respectfully, please, just stop coming in here and spewing that hate. It is not helpful or productive to this community.

Sure blame me not them. 

When they do something good I will be there to praise it. So get them on that will ya? 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I did want a flush you are right. (and Eichel is still here so a plunger is needed before the stink rises) but there's no proper reset to go with it. We needed to start with 2 goalies. That's your cornerstone. Adams went all in on Ullmark (with his ceiling) but there was no back up plan and no second goalie. Kraken got themselves too many goalies and a really good one as their cornerstone. They get it. Bruins already had a very promising Swayman ready but they stole Ullmark. They get it. We needed to add veteran leaders to teach the kids. We added a bunch of journeymen and fringe bodies. Who wears the C this year? Kyle? 

You can't just flush, wait for the kids and leave it alone, you need a foundation to build around. The way it sits now we're just going to teach the next group to lose same as before. 

and the Eichel situation has been blown by Adams. It's going to be worse than ROR. Just watch. 

Sure blame me not them. 

When they do something good I will be there to praise it. So get them on that will ya? 

Not blaming you for others' actions. Just yours. Grateful you are an active contributor to this SS community. Just requesting you not pile on the poisonous hate. I understand the need to vent, just not at us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

So outbidding the Bruins on Foligno, or the Canes on Andersen and/or similar moves of that nature?

5 minutes ago, Jävə Keith said:

Not blaming you for others' actions. Just yours. Grateful you are an active contributor to this SS community. Just requesting you not pile on the poisonous hate. I understand the need to vent, just not at us.

WADR to @PerreaultForever, I began to wonder if he was a redux of @deluca67. Not quite. That other guy could be downright visceral, myopic, and hateful. PF is just letting us all know that he's very frustrated with the process.

• Thanks (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's only toxic if you stay in it. 

People say they understand a fix isn't an overnight thing. And yet so much anger over moves made or not made.

But, with all due respect, if it isn't the same people the observation really isn't relevant.

There likely is some overlap, but it certainly isn't universal.

11 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

How do you steal a goalie with under a 100 starts, missed starts over the last 4 years with injuries, and pay him 5 million a year?  

and what does this have to do with Ryan MacInnis?

I assume you are talking about what the Bruins paid Ullmark.  Desperation!  That said Ullmark's performance on such an awful team makes his stats eye poppingly good over the last 2 years.

1 hour ago, Jävə Keith said:

I'm not venting at YOU. I'm venting at the Sabres. If I'm quoting you it's for the idea as it relates to the team. It's never personal. 

Well, except for Liger 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

So outbidding the Bruins on Foligno, or the Canes on Andersen and/or similar moves of that nature?

Not a bidding war and you'd have to take it case by case but overpaying a few true leaders for a 2-3 year span sure. I have said before I'd have tried to get Marcus in a Minnesota Eichel deal and then lure Nick to play with him. Local connections. It fits the community model and the identity talked about by Adams but it would be a real thing. Folignos wouldn't rack up huge point totals here but that core leadership is priceless. 

2 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

Enjoying these one year contracts, keep all these players hungry. We’re already at rock bottom, the least we can do is prevent complacency. Both in Buffalo and Rochester.

Yep. Could be worse. We could be handing out 6 year contracts to the likes of Okposo or Skinner. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm not venting at YOU. I'm venting at the Sabres. If I'm quoting you it's for the idea as it relates to the team. It's never personal. 

Well, except for Liger 🙂

Makes sense, now that you've explained it.

25 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm not venting at YOU. I'm venting at the Sabres.

Well you're venting in the wrong forum because I'm pretty sure Kevyn and the rest don't read this forum.  And if by venting you mean throwing a tantrum like a three year old, you're spot on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

Enjoying these one year contracts, keep all these players hungry. We’re already at rock bottom, the least we can do is prevent complacency. Both in Buffalo and Rochester.

Maybe KA got a quick course from Beane… on Contracts & Contract Management… 

55 minutes ago, Believer said:

Maybe KA got a quick course from Beane… on Contracts & Contract Management… 

Spot on. This is exactly what Beane does. Gives out many short “prove it” contracts. On many of them, the player doesn’t work out. But he’s hit on some good ones that play decent roles. The best part is that none of them have long term cap implications. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Well you're venting in the wrong forum because I'm pretty sure Kevyn and the rest don't read this forum.  And if by venting you mean throwing a tantrum like a three year old, you're spot on.

says the guy with a chicken on his head..............

You know what, you're sort of right. It's more like a teenage tantrum than a 3 year old though. I have lots of actual thoughts rushing in from all directions combined with my frustration and angst even if they do get jumbled up now and again. 

Look, maybe you are used to losing like they are. Maybe they've broken you and you don't even realize it. You said it'll be "fun" next year and you can believe that if you want to, but I just might have had my fill. Like the old expression goes, "I'm getting too old for this s##t". 

It's gotten to a breaking point for me. Will I break? I don't know. Maybe. I probably need to step back and put some distance between me and the Sabres. Time to stop wishing and hoping and just wait for results and/or ignore them. If I was younger I'd find a new team. At my age, I don't know. I just know it isn't fun any more and if I lived in Buffalo there is not a chance I'd pay to see them and I certainly won't go to Vancouver or Seattle for a road game at this point. My frustration runneth over. 

Later. Or not. Don't know. Still deciding, but I will probably get there faster than their forever rebuild. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.