Kevyn Adams Press Conference: 7/29 @ 4pm

LGR4GM

52 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Best part is we are going to have players because of the tank. Isak Rosen already. Technically Dahlin and Power. Reinhart's first rounder hasn't been drafted. Eichel deal still to wait on. Who knew the tank fruit was going to be grown from a tank tree 6 years on?

That's why it's so crucial to get a nice haul for Eichel (looking at you Krebs or Zegras) and add a high draft pick next year.  Alot of the pieces to this 'new rebuild' are in place or could be soon.

I like the point you mentioned in another thread.  This Eichel trade is just so key because if we can get a nice return the 'rebuild' may be nearing completion by 2023.  If this turns into an ROR trade it will likely be more like 2025 before they are ready to compete. 

12 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

They're playing the same role --- doing what they believe is right and taking the Sabres Republic into the dark times.

As for this part, I think Kevyn is actually saving the Sabres Republic from an incompetent and bumbling owner.  He spent ten years studying Terry and Kim; he knows how they tick and he knows how to play them against their own worst impulses to implement his own hockey plan.  Granted, the jury's still out as to whether the plan will work but it seems like he's paralleling in some respects the Bills formula:  Players that want to be here/removing the distractions, character, the process, etc.

I guess it's true what they say:  One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

God no. Not Schoop. I actively avoid that show.

I did say "football guys" which meant NOT Schopp and Parker.  I can't even call him that stupid nickname anymore.

And by football guys I mean we as fans know they actually love and know the game but also don't make us feel like we're being lectured to daily - you know be actually entertaining.

And yes Marty needs to be on frequently.  

Edited by Second Line Center

20 hours ago, darksabre said:

I don't see how Jack being here in the fall disrupts anything at all. His contract isn't getting in the way, and he's not a detriment to the on ice product. He's not a vet taking up space. He can be here if that's the case.

And actually keeping him and having him have limited availability actually getting healed up (presuming he does) could be the best case scenario from Adams perspective.  He still gets a 30's finish and he has a healthy Eichel to support the pieces from this new rebuild.

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Thorny said:

Why would Adams talk so much about "players who want to be here" being the key if he didn't believe it? Is he totally full of sh*t or is it how he feels? Under the prism of his logic, Jack would be detrimental merely for that fact. Why would they be trying to move him, if not?

That isn't even getting into the fact we are clearly aiming for a high pick, and Jack being here would run counter to that. 

He's spoken *endlessly* of not wanting to "block" the youth - even more of that today. Jack Eichel is, quite literally, the biggest block they could trot out there, after deciding to go down this route. 

The scenario of Jack being back in the cards was unlikely but possible when we thought the roster might be, as people were guessing, re-molded this summer with a thought towards winning next year. We know this is not the case - the chances of him returning, now, are IMO zero. 

A player that should have a future here keeping the kids from getting caved in absolutely is not a "block."

20 hours ago, Hoss said:

I’m in this very weird point over Sabres fan existence where I’m just kind of mad at everyone but also apathetic (and increasingly so). I’m mad at Adams that a deal isn’t done and maybe that’s not his fault, but I also think the media narrative that he came in last offseason and immediately started looking to move Jack is unforgivable if true. I’m also pissed at Jack. I think he’s handled this situation about as poorly as you could expect from any player, let alone a captain.

No, I will not just dismiss him going on a Boston news network and saying he hopes to play for the rival team someday and then skating on that team’s practice ice two weeks later. It’s embarrassing and he should feel bad, but I also know exactly what he’s doing and it is what it is.

Both sides screwed each other hard and continue to do so. It’s time to move on. I want J@ck off this team.

Edit: had to clarify because “J@ck off” is bleeped on here.

Jack and his agents have already made very clear he does not want to be here. It’s something that seems to be forgotten during these conversations. He has no interest in ever playing for this team again.

That said, I still think he does. At least for 15-20 more games. Maybe more, maybe less.

When did the bolded happen?  Had not heard that.

Just now, SDS said:

If you start at the very beginning of the Jack Eichel thread and read every post, you’ll find it.

Will trust you are correct.  But have intentionally avoided that speculation thread like the plague.  (Have accidentally opened it a couple of times.)

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

When did the bolded happen?  Had not heard that.

The interview: https://www.boston25news.com/news/chelmsford-zip-trip-meet-chelmsford-native-nhl-player-jack-eichel/50ed32e1-364b-4986-b990-f96b237e78de/

The skating:

As @Buffalonillpointed out he was wearing Sabres gear out there so that’s notable, for sure.

• Thanks (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Rasmus_ said:

Overall, I liked this presser from Kevyn.  I was impressed with his stance on Eichel particularly, and if he's sticking to a plan than so be it.  The goal tending is still a joke. 

He strongly delivered the message “if you expect me to cave before training camp, it ain’t happening.”

Adams has no intention of winning this year and no desire for an Eichel return that will help him this year.

He has the cap space flexibility to easily swallow Jack’s salary this season, he has him under contract for five more years, and he seems fully capable of paying Jack to stay away if it comes to that. He’s prepared to go ahead this year with more or less the roster he has today, with or without Jack.

There is no pressure on him to make a deal he doesn’t want to make until next June at the earliest.

Edited by dudacek

41 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He strongly delivered the message “if you expect me to cave before training camp, it ain’t happening.”

Adams has no intention of winning this year and no desire for an Eichel return that will help him this year.

He has the cap space flexibility to easily swallow Jack’s salary this season, he has him under contract for five more years, and he seems fully capable of paying Jack to stay away if it comes to that. He’s prepared to go ahead this year with more or less the roster he has today, with or without Jack.

There is no pressure on him to make a deal he doesn’t want to make until next June at the earliest.

Another way to look at it is he’s putting the pressure back on Jack and his agent to get the word out that Jack is healthy and ready to play.  If Jack is truly motivated to get himself traded he should be motivated to prove himself healthy.  

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Best part is we are going to have players because of the tank. Isak Rosen already. Technically Dahlin and Power. Reinhart's first rounder hasn't been drafted. Eichel deal still to wait on. Who knew the tank fruit was going to be grown from a tank tree 6 years on?

They are tank seedling.  Growing from the tank fruit that we’ve dropped.

6 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

Well, I mean technically everything will stem from the tank from now to eternity as there is no way of breaking the chain of events as nothing exists in a vacuum.

Sometimes sports are all about the stories we tell ourselves.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.