Kevyn Adams Press Conference: 7/29 @ 4pm

LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Been here since 2014, apparently, but only 40 posts, so maybe he / she is still learning.  It often takes a while to get used to the way things normally work around here.  It did for me and now I'm an *all star* ... 

😉

Always thought you were here longer than me 🙂

• Thanks (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

This is obnoxious.  

25 minutes ago, Radar said:

You're not that old on this site, unless of course you've changed names. Maybe you are the terrible poster. Just sayin.

Quite possible. Maybe likely.  

15 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

While I don't always agree with @GASabresIUFAN, this is not a good way to counter his points, IMO.

My name is waaaay cooler tho 

3 hours ago, gomper said:

The entire station is so horrible. 

It is. Especially compared to other Audacy sports stations. But I have to say I'm hooked on The Instigators. Andrew Peters is really funny. He can be a lunatic. But that's PSE-created content, not WGR. (Same with One Bills Live) 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I like this plan as long as they stick with it.  Just let it play out.  Murray tried to to skip the rebuild after the Jack pick and it has been downhill ever since.  Accumulate as much young talent as possible. Build up the depth. That is how all great teams are built.  A young core built in house and then reinforcements brought into support them when the time is right.

Adams has the right idea with high character skill players. That is why I think Krebs would be a great get. Always captain of his teams, has great chemistry with Cozens, plays a high pace speed and skill game with some grit.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

None of that young talent turned into anything exceptional, just like the current young talent may not either. 

Well, it’s exceptionally rare air to get drafted. And it’s moreso to have an actual career playing a game. 

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Well, it’s exceptionally rare air to get drafted. And it’s moreso to have an actual career playing a game. 

Aside from Hodgson and his odd injury, and whatever the heck happened with Grigorenko, the others have made careers of playing the game - I was just saying none of them became any sort of game changers. I like most of them as players, TBH.

I have hopes for Cozens, Dahlin, and at least one of the G prospects, but feel like most of the other current names will fall along the lines of the previous ones. Solid, or decent, but not exceptional. 

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

He offered 4 years at $5M, the Bruins matched.  What I got out of it was he didn’t counter it.  He was at his limit.  

He see’s Linus as a possible Blocker to his pipeline (UPL, Portillo, Levi) if he moved off his offer.  

That just sounds nuts to me. You won't sign a guy because in 3 or 4 years we hope someone we have in the system will be better?  Not a problem any GM should worry about.

2 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

That just sounds nuts to me. You won't sign a guy because in 3 or 4 years we hope someone we have in the system will be better?  Not a problem any GM should worry about.

Maybe KA didn’t have the cap space to kick in another 500k 😂🤷‍♂️👀

16 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

I agree.  That seems a little weird.  If UPL proves NHL ready sooner then later, he can always serve as Ullmark's backup and If he outplays Ullmark then you do what Pitts did and play both or trade Ullmark. Eventually it will work itself out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I agree.  That seems a little weird.  If UPL proves NHL ready sooner then later, he can always serve as Ullmark's backup and If he outplays Ullmark then you do what Pitts did and play both or trade Ullmark. Eventually it will work itself out.

It's not that complicated, is it?  The last thing we need to worry about is having too many good goalies.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The obvious solution of trading Ullmark if you’re ready to move on was probably the worst point of the press conference. Personally, I was fine with most everything. I thought this claim was rather bad. Unless, they really do hate the injury potential.

10 minutes ago, SDS said:

The obvious solution of trading hallmark if you’re ready to move on was probably the worst point of the press conference. Personally, I was fine with most everything. I thought this claim was rather bad. Unless, they really do hate the injury potential.

If they were so worried about injuries why try to re-sign him at all?

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If they were so worried about injuries why try to re-sign him at all?

As long as it’s short term, I don’t think they care. 

I mentioned in the Ullmark topic that I think he’s a trap. You need him now to win, but you can’t rely on him in the future to sign him long-term. Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

However, having him for two years during this rebuild would’ve been fine and I think he could’ve been traded if he had 2 years of remaining term. 

23 minutes ago, SDS said:

As long as it’s short term, I don’t think they care. 

I mentioned in the Ullmark topic that I think he’s a trap. You need him now to win, but you can’t rely on him in the future to sign him long-term. Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

However, having him for two years during this rebuild would’ve been fine and I think he could’ve been traded if he had 2 years of remaining term. 

Bottomline Ullmark wouldn’t block UPL under any circumstances, unless he becomes a Vezina winner. Then having him with term would be a great problem to have had.  Oh well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It is. Especially compared to other Audacy sports stations. But I have you say I'm hooked on The Instigators. Andrew Peters is really funny. He can be a lunatic. But that's PSE-created content, not WGR. (Sane with One Bills Live) 

I agree on these two shows, but like you said, it's a PSE production.  I haven't listened to the GR morning show in years but I put it on a few weeks ago running errands.  It's still the same insipid show. It hasn't grown a bit.

S&B is a testament to the laziness of knowing you'll never have competition.  How Bulldog can be on the air for 30 years and not get any better is totally amazing. How he still has a job is equally amazing. 

The B team at night is following in these clowns footsteps. 

The PD at the station is incompetent to allow this, but hey , no competition.  They put no effort into it and it shows.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.