Kevyn Adams Press Conference: 7/29 @ 4pm

LGR4GM

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Well Ennis wasn't young in 2014 and Neither was Myers or Foligno. 

They were 23 I believe in 13/14.

First KA is lying trough his teeth.  Just like he had the authority to fire Rasputin, he is under orders to go cheap.  Also if his pivot plan was Anderson and Dell he is either lying or incompetent or mostly likely both. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

I’ve got to say, this was a solid press conference. He actually answered the question about Eichel rather well. He wants players who want to be here doesn’t necessarily mean he will only allow players who want to be here. He’s essentially telling the bidding teams that we are fine with keeping Eichel for a myriad of reasons and that his buzzwords for the team doesn’t mean there are no exceptions. 

To to be honest I think either Vegas or Anaheim snap.

I’m glad to at least hear there’s a plan; and they are playing by said plan. Hopefully it’s a good one. To be honest our defense has strangely become better analytically when you remember McCabe only played 13 games. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

First KA is lying trough his teeth.  Just like he had the authority to fire Rasputin, he is under orders to go cheap.  Also if his pivot plan was Anderson and Dell he is either lying or incompetent or mostly likely both. 

He was asked if there was an internal cap. He said no. That can absolutely be true but being on the guidance to be mindful of costs.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

He was asked if there was an internal cap. He said no. That can absolutely be true but being on the guidance to be mindful of costs.

No cap, just cut costs as much as possible.  Anyone think Dahlin is signing more then a bridge deal to get himself to UFA status?

I guess he decided since he couldn’t get a real goalie to get us over the cap floor he’ll keep Jack around long enough to get over the cap minimum and then trade him in an ROR type deal by mid season.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

15 minutes ago, darksabre said:

That's fine, we can disagree on the substance of the Eichel camp's statements.

At the very least it was opportunistic but unsubtle, in both cases.

And while I know your case for it being on the team (which is at the very least partially accurate), Kevyn Adams has also made it clear in multiple cases that Jack has asked out.

Edited by Hoss

28 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

KA would take it as it would add picks and save even more money.

Doubtful any team offer sheets this guy.  Cap/Risk/Comp in that order.  What would be a possible offer a team could make - $7.0M for 5 years?  The comp is only a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.  Easily matched.  You need to get to $8.7M * 6 before you get 4 1st in return.  Who has this space and would risk these picks?  If its Detroit, yes please. 

Doubt he even sees anything but a bridge deal from KA. 

5 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Doubtful any team offer sheets this guy.  Cap/Risk/Comp in that order.  What would be a possible offer a team could make - $7.0M for 5 years?  The comp is only a 1st, 2nd and 3rd.  Easily matched.  You need to get to $8.7M * 6 before you get 4 1st in return.  Who has this space and would risk these picks?  If its Detroit, yes please. 

Doubt he even sees anything but a bridge deal from KA. 

Why would he want anything but a bridge deal?  KA wants the bridge to save money and Dahlin wants one to get out of town as soon as possible.

45 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Jack and his agents have already made very clear he does not want to be here. It’s something that seems to be forgotten during these conversations. He has no interest in ever playing for this team again.

That said, I still think he does. At least for 15-20 more games. Maybe more, maybe less.

Yes.  It is part of the reason other GMs are testing KA no doubt.  If Jack stays for the start of the season the pressure starts to be put on him.

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why would he want anything but a bridge deal?  KA wants the bridge to save money and Dahlin wants one to get out of town as soon as possible.

So negative, maybe with captain jack out of town the kids grow and be happy ? 

10 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

Yes.  It is part of the reason other GMs are testing KA no doubt.  If Jack stays for the start of the season the pressure starts to be put on him.

Not really, he is here 4 more years then ....

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

In a long list of terrible Sabrespace posters, you may be my least favorite 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, PP Slapper said:

In a long list of terrible Sabrespace posters, you may be my least favorite 

You're not that old on this site, unless of course you've changed names. Maybe you are the terrible poster. Just sayin.

• Thanks (+1) 3

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

No cap, just cut costs as much as possible.  Anyone think Dahlin is signing more then a bridge deal to get himself to UFA status?

I guess he decided since he couldn’t get a real goalie to get us over the cap floor he’ll keep Jack around long enough to get over the cap minimum and then trade him in an ROR type deal by mid season.

I think by the time Rasmus II gets to UFA the Sabres will be very good and he will give them a 'home team' discount to stay.

Yup.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Radar said:

You're not that old on this site, unless of course you've changed names. Maybe you are the terrible poster. Just sayin.

Been here since 2014, apparently, but only 40 posts, so maybe he / she is still learning.  It often takes a while to get used to the way things normally work around here.  It did for me and now I'm an *all star* ... 

😉

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Both of those things can be true at the same time.

In theory yes.  Not sure how likely it is.   KA also said he wanted to sign Dahlin to a long-term deal, which could still be a prep-for-sale move but probably not consistent with an expected sale in the next year.

I guess we’ll see.  I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if you’re right.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.