Kevyn Adams Press Conference: 7/29 @ 4pm

LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He can want players that want to be here and not also want to trade Eichel for Drury's ***** stained pooper paper

Eichel might actually want to be here too. It was very evident Reinhart and Ristolainen did not.

I'm not saying Jack doesn't want to be here, but I think Adams can say all of what he has about culture and getting people that want to be here and all he has to do is point at Risto and Reinhart as examples.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

This is more world building. Everyone thinks Jack wants out and there's STILL no evidence that this is true. All we know is that a. Jack has been frustrated with the losing and that b. he also wanted surgery so he could speed up recovery from injury. These are not the mountains people are making them out to be. In fact I'm convinced more than ever that Jack had no idea the Sabres were as serious about shopping him this off-season as they have been. It's very clear that this is why they blocked his surgery. He doesn't like it, but it's not that big of a deal.

Who is to say that Jack being here stops them from getting a high pick? It hasn't been an issue so far.

Jack isn't getting in the way of Cozens or anyone behind him in the center group developing right now. It's fine.

Agreed.

For the bold, he also likely won't play a lot of this season anyways.

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Dammit.  I can't help it.  I like KA.

Either he's lying through his teeth and slashing costs at TP's directive in anticipation of a sale of the team, which means I'm getting played, or he really believes in his plan, including believing that a 4-year deal for Ullmark would've interfered with the plan, and he's determined to see it through.

I still need to see a real goalie brought in.

Let's go with the latter until he shows otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'm not really sure why they are wasting time now talking about Eichel in camp. He's not coming to camp. Adams is 100% moving him before it. This is posturing to ensure as good a return as possible

Was it you that said John was definately being moved before the expansion draft?  And then before the amateur draft?  And then during round 1 of the amateur draft? And then before the FA Frenzy ...

(just kidding, but I do think that many on here said / thought that)

What would you say if I told you that I do not think John Edward will be traded atoll?

37 minutes ago, WildCard said:

It really sounds like Adams way of evaluating players is to give them as much playing time as humanly possible and see what happens, regardless of age or experience. That seems...very dangerous.

I don't think in 2014 we had any young talent playing on the team. Adams sticking point seems to be that we're not tanking, we're just evaluating young talent.

Hodgson, Ennis, Girgensons, Grigorenko, Myers, Pysyk, Foligno, Risto, Zadorov, Larson, McCabe, McNabb

5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Either he's lying through his teeth and slashing costs at TP's directive in anticipation of a sale of the team, which means I'm getting played, or he really believes in his plan, including believing that a 4-year deal for Ullmark would've interfered with the plan, and he's determined to see it through.

I like him as well. I hope he succeeds.

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Why would Adams talk so much about "players who want to be here" being the key if he didn't believe it? Is he totally full of sh*t or is it how he feels? Under the prism of his logic, Jack would be detrimental merely for that fact. Why would they be trying to move him, if not?

That isn't even getting into the fact we are clearly aiming for a high pick, and Jack being here would run counter to that. 

He's spoken *endlessly* of not wanting to "block" the youth - even more of that today. Jack Eichel is, quite literally, the biggest block they could trot out there, after deciding to go down this route. 

The scenario of Jack being back in the cards was unlikely but possible when we thought the roster might be, as people were guessing, re-molded this summer with a thought towards winning next year. We know this is not the case - the chances of him returning, now, are IMO zero. 

I think you're off target here.

You made this point early and often in the Risto context -- and Risto was traded for a handsome return, followed quickly by Reinhart, who also wanted out.

Holding onto Eichel for a few months longer than would be ideal in order to maximize the return doesn't belie KA's assertion that he only wants guys who want to be here.  It just doesn't.

Do you not think he'll be traded?

Just now, darksabre said:

This is more world building. Everyone thinks Jack wants out and there's STILL no evidence that this is true. All we know is that a. Jack has been frustrated with the losing and that b. he also wanted surgery so he could speed up recovery from injury. These are not the mountains people are making them out to be. In fact I'm convinced more than ever that Jack had no idea the Sabres were as serious about shopping him this off-season as they have been. It's very clear that this is why they blocked his surgery. He doesn't like it, but it's not that big of a deal.

Who is to say that Jack being here stops them from getting a high pick? It hasn't been an issue so far.

Jack isn't getting in the way of Cozens or anyone behind him in the center group developing right now. It's fine.

Just now, WildCard said:

Eichel might actually want to be here too. It was very evident Reinhart and Ristolainen did not.

I'm not saying Jack doesn't want to be here, but I think Adams can say all of what he has about culture and getting people that want to be here and all he has to do is point at Risto and Reinhart as examples.

Listening to Jack's own words he wants to play and he wants to win.  I'm just curious if he goes full Pierre Luc Dubois on the team at some point if this season goes the way it's shaping up to...

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2021/1/23/22243878/pierre-luc-dubois-used-the-only-true-leverage-the-system-afforded-him-blue-jackets-trade

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

Hodgson, Ennis, Girgensons, Grigorenko, Myers, Pysyk, Foligno, Risto, Zadorov, Larson, McCabe, McNabb

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Well Ennis wasn't young in 2014 and Neither was Myers or Foligno. 

Grigorenko played 25 games, Myers and Foligno we knew were being traded, I don't think anyone ever saw Larsson, McCabe, or McNabb as anything more than role players.

1 minute ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

Listening to Jack's own words he wants to play and he wants to win.  I'm just curious if he goes full Pierre Luc Dubois on the team at some point if this season goes the way it's shaping up to...

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2021/1/23/22243878/pierre-luc-dubois-used-the-only-true-leverage-the-system-afforded-him-blue-jackets-trade

I mean, of course he wants to play and wants to win. What do you want him to say? I want to sit and I want to lose?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

Entirely possible. I'm hoping that doesn't become the case. But if it does, it only hurts Jack. The Sabres won't let him go for nothing. Adams won't be pressured into a bad deal. If Jack wants out, his best route (if truly healthy) is to perform on the ice.

• Like (+1) 2

I think he's playing the game and is playing it to the best of his ability to trade Eichel for the max return. 

He's saying that he's fine to have him back playing with the team next season because he has a contract.  If he's healthy and not traded he will be expected to be on the team.  That's a fact.

We've passed all the deadlines we thought were in place (before the 2021 Draft, before FA). 

Next artificial deadlines are before FA cools for this season and rosters take shape, medical treatment for neck (surgery?), start of next season, and then when his NMC kicks in FA 2022 (not sure of the date - July 2022).

Adams is not stupid and I think that he's trying to get the teams working on their 2021-22 rosters to step up with their best offer or lose out.  That's you Vegas (who is really missing a #1), Minnesota (who needs someone talented enough to play with Kirill Kaprizov), Columbus (who needs someone to play with Laine), etc.

There's lots of teams that need a center like Eichel...............ante up, put your prospects on the table.

10 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

He offered 4 years at $5M, the Bruins matched.  What I got out of it was he didn’t counter it.  He was at his limit.  

He see’s Linus as a possible Blocker to his pipeline (UPL, Portillo, Levi) if he moved off his offer.  

38 minutes ago, Thorny said:

People better be absolutely livid with Adams if it happens. He has spoken, endlessly, about the key being guys who want to be here. We know Jack doesn't want to be here. If he allows that situation to fester around the environment he's trying to build, he's failed his plan intrinsically. 

I’m in this very weird point over Sabres fan existence where I’m just kind of mad at everyone but also apathetic (and increasingly so). I’m mad at Adams that a deal isn’t done and maybe that’s not his fault, but I also think the media narrative that he came in last offseason and immediately started looking to move Jack is unforgivable if true. I’m also pissed at Jack. I think he’s handled this situation about as poorly as you could expect from any player, let alone a captain.

No, I will not just dismiss him going on a Boston news network and saying he hopes to play for the rival team someday and then skating on that team’s practice ice two weeks later. It’s embarrassing and he should feel bad, but I also know exactly what he’s doing and it is what it is.

Both sides screwed each other hard and continue to do so. It’s time to move on. I want J@ck off this team.

Edit: had to clarify because “J@ck off” is bleeped on here.

25 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Jack and his agents have already made very clear he does not want to be here. It’s something that seems to be forgotten during these conversations. He has no interest in ever playing for this team again.

That said, I still think he does. At least for 15-20 more games. Maybe more, maybe less.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Both of those things can be true at the same time.

5 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I’m in this very weird point over Sabres fan existence where I’m just kind of mad at everyone but also apathetic (and increasingly so). I’m mad at Adams that a deal isn’t done and maybe that’s not his fault, but I also think the media narrative that he came in last offseason and immediately started looking to move Jack is unforgivable if true. I’m also pissed at Jack. I think he’s handled this situation about as poorly as you could expect from any player, let alone a captain.

No, I will not just dismiss him going on a Boston news network and saying he hopes to play for the rival team someday and then skating on that team’s practice ice two weeks later. It’s embarrassing and he should feel bad, but I also know exactly what he’s doing and it is what it is.

Both sides screwed each other hard and continue to do so. It’s time to move on. I want ***** this team.

Jack and his agents have already made very clear he does not want to be here. It’s something that seems to be forgotten during these conversations. He has no interest in ever playing for this team again.

That said, I still think he does. At least for 15-20 more games. Maybe more, maybe less.

When and where?

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

He offered 4 years at $5M, the Bruins matched.  What I got out of it was he didn’t counter it.  He was at his limit.  

He see’s Linus as a possible Blocker to his pipeline (UPL, Portillo, Levi) if he moved off his offer.  

Well, Vogl tweeted earlier today something to the effect that the Sabres only wanted another 1-year (or perhaps 2-year) deal -- so if that's true, KA wasn't willing to go to 4 years, which would be consistent with not wanting to "box out" UPL.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

He has 50M interests in showing up to work but if he wants to not do that, that's fine.

Correct. He will do so if that’s what it takes for him to continue to be paid and for him to increase potential in finding his new home.

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

When and where?

Come on. The end of season presser was plain and clear. As was the agents’ statement, what, a week ago?

10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

You want...what this team? Trying very hard to think about what that bleep could be

😂 It was “J@ck off” this team.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Come on. The end of season presser was plain and clear. As was the agents’ statement, what, a week ago?

😂 It was “J@ck off” this team.

None of the stuff that has been stated publicly by Jack or his agent is convincing. Honestly. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.