Kevyn Adams Press Conference: 7/29 @ 4pm

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I'm not arguing he's as good. 

I'm a bit tired of the "we had no good young players" the last time

We did. 

I've laid out the lists repeatedly and it just doesn't matter lol 

We did have good young players, I've seen your posts. Were they playing in the NHL that tank season, like Dahlin, Mittlestadt, Cozens, and possible Quinn will be? Looking at that 2014-2015 roster, the best young talent I see on their that we thought had staying power were Zemgus and Ristolainen, Risto being the one people actually thought we be something.

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

We did have good young players, I've seen your posts. Were they playing in the NHL that tank season, like Dahlin, Mittlestadt, Cozens, and possible Quinn will be? Looking at that 2014-2015 roster, the best young talent I see on their that we thought had staying power were Zemgus and Ristolainen, Risto being the one people actually thought we be something.

I'm not sure it's a good thing that Cozens and Dahlin and co are going to be subjected to all the losing 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Saying all the right things on Eichel, which confirms for me that he's handling this trade right 

For a guy that is supposedly and idiot who will make a bad trade he seems really calm and unconcerned. Really came across as a shot back at the other gms that if you want Jack, pay up or I'll keep him. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He actually gets it. He understands we need compete and not just punching ppl in the face. 

But if you punch all your opponents in the face hard enough there’s nobody left to compete against and you automatically win! It’s like rock’em sock’em robots.

• Haha (+1) 3

So the question is --- does the Pegulas' love of GM Sheevyn allow him sufficient time to do his long-term, slow-burn version of a rebuild --- or do they sour on him as well as he plays his cards as he sees fit, and they listen to the churn/noise from folks like us and national media and just axe him in a year or two anyway? That's what makes this a fascinating space soap opera.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

"we have a player under contract"

hmmmm that sure sounds like what I've been saying over and over again about Jack's supposed leverage...

He talked a lot about emotion not playing a part and sticking with the process. 

Just now, Hoss said:

But if you punch all your opponents in the face hard enough there’s nobody left to compete against and you automatically win! It’s like rock’em sock’em robots.

Word I Agree GIF by INTO ACTION

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

I'm not sure it's a good thing that Cozens and Dahlin and co are going to be subjected to all the losing 

I don't think it is at all either, just pointing out the slight difference in the tank in 2014-2015 and this one; at least that is how Adams sees it.

Waiting for the Eichel trade to go through, but I do want a thread about comparing that team and this one, and how Tank/Rebuild 1.0 faired vs Tank/Rebuild 2.0. Technically, Tank 1.0 was successful, but the drafting and building afterward was a failure.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

For a guy that is supposedly and idiot who will make a bad trade he seems really calm and unconcerned. Really came across as a shot back at the other gms that if you want Jack, pay up or I'll keep him. 

Publicly he has held this very consistently and well. He probably let on a little too much with the whole comments about being okay with him coming to camp but that cat is already out of the bag so you’ve got to keep cool and confident here on out.

I'm not really sure why they are wasting time now talking about Eichel in camp. He's not coming to camp. Adams is 100% moving him before it. This is posturing to ensure as good a return as possible

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Thorny said:

I'm not really sure why they are waiting time now talking about Eichel in camp. He's not coming to camp. Adams is 100% moving him before it. This is posturing to ensure as good a return as possible

Feel like you answered the first part of your statement with the second part. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Thorny said:

I'm not really sure why they are wasting time now talking about Eichel in camp. He's not coming to camp. Adams is 100% moving him before it. This is posturing to ensure as good a return as possible

Is his neck going to flare up again?  If Jack wants to get moved, maybe showing up would help that.

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think it’s more likely than not he’s with the team when camp starts.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

"We hired these coaches which everyone knows about because twitter."

"No I have no update on Jack Eichel."

"We wish 'insert leaving players name here' the best of luck"

"We will try to add to our team 'insert something about wanting to play here, right player, right type' if we think it helps us."

You, are welcome.

Didn't mention the coaches much. 

Gave an Eichel update, surprisingly. 

Kinda wished the departing guys good luck. 

Did all number 4. 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Is his neck going to flare up again?  If Jack wants to get moved, maybe showing up would help that.

Showing up and playing through injury last time doesn't seem to have done him any favours 

Just now, Hoss said:

I think it’s more likely than not he’s with the team when camp starts.

I suppose there's a slim chance. There's no possibility he's there game 1

I feel like it can be posturing while also being true. KA may want to get the deal done, and he may be posturing to get his best return, but there's no reason to assume Jack really wouldn't be expected in camp if the trade doesn't come to fruition before then. It's a distinct possibility that he really does end up still being on the team in October and I'm surprised anyone would think otherwise.

"the product on the ice next year won't matter"

I agree

Just now, darksabre said:

I feel like it can be posturing while also being true. KA may want to get the deal done, and he may be posturing to get his best return, but there's no reason to assume Jack really wouldn't be expected in camp if the trade doesn't come to fruition before then. It's a distinct possibility that he really does end up still being on the team in October and I'm surprised anyone would think otherwise.

It's not going to happen. Jack being here would be 100% counter to the plan Adams is enacting. 

I suppose there's a slim chance. There's no possibility he's there game 1

Everything I’ve seen as it specifically pertains to Eichel over the last few days points me to him returning. I’m hoping that’s a testament to Adams’ negotiating.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.