Kevyn Adams Press Conference: 7/29 @ 4pm

LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Thanks PTR.

Sorry for looking a gift link in the mouth, but I was hoping for a video link -- anyone got one of those?

Haven't seen one but Facebook sometimes has a sabres one cuz they stream through fb live 

Adams just said he felt strongly regarding his decision on Ullmark, so no more of the "he got bamboozled" stuff

strongly regardless of the choice ullmark made as they felt prepared 

Again mentioned not wanting to "box out" players 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

Adams just said he felt strongly regarding his decision on Ullmark, so no more of the "he got bamboozled" stuff

I think they offered him a deal but Ullmark wanted term longer than Buffalo was comfortable. I don't want Ullmark at 5mil for 4 years. 3 years, sure. 

• Like (+1) 2

It really sounds like Adams way of evaluating players is to give them as much playing time as humanly possible and see what happens, regardless of age or experience. That seems...very dangerous.

Just now, Thorny said:

Completely dodges the question about how this is different than 2014 

I don't think in 2014 we had any young talent playing on the team. Adams sticking point seems to be that we're not tanking, we're just evaluating young talent.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

It really sounds like Adams way of evaluating players is to give them as much playing time as humanly possible and see what happens, regardless of age or experience. That seems...very dangerous.

I don't think in 2014 we had any young talent playing on the team. Adams sticking point seems to be that we're not tanking, we're just evaluating young talent.

Not true. Girgensons was a high quality prospect, among others

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Granato basically hinted that this was going to be a thing back at his end of season presser. Said they think a lot of players develop just fine in the NHL and are more ready than teams sometimes think.

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

You get this is spin, right? They haven't brought in a player better than anyone already on the team - clearly a priority 

Just now, darksabre said:

Granato basically hinted that this was going to be a thing back at his end of season presser. Said they think a lot of players develop just fine in the NHL and are more ready than teams sometimes think.

Adams is basically saying the kids are getting the keys and the ones that swim we will keep and build around. Talking about building a team over time. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Not true. Girgensons was a high quality prospect, among others

Grigensons didn't touch Mittlestadt, Cozens, or Quinn.

Just now, darksabre said:

Yup. I don't really like that approach, but we'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

You get this is spin, right? They haven't brought in a player better than anyone already on the team - clearly a priority 

I mean it is and it isn't. I think they get the tank they want while at the same time letting the kids play as much as they can, which is also what they want.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.