The fat lady has sang her song

MODO Hockey

39 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

I dont even know where to begin, it feels like were one step ahead and then taking two steps back every season.

Thanks to Linus i became a Sabres fan, for good and bad but today i feel robbed of my dedication to this team as a fan over these past years.

Ive not only become grumpy and bitchy, ive also realised that putting faith in this team is not healthy in any way. Maybe i take things to seriously but on the other hand there is no better feeling when doing that and the team responds in a way your hoping.

To this day as said above, ive been a sabres fan and i will probably always be one because the roots go to deep, but i will no longer put my alarms on 00:45 am in the night to watch sabres, i will do that to watch Linus, playing for Boston Bruins, and this feeling is damn awkward to say the least, trust me!

Im glad in the end because i got to know some really awesome people from this board. Some ppl dislike me, some dont and the feeling is mutual, because in the end all that matters is that we cheer for the same team and u dont have to like everyone.

With that said,

This org is a god da*n SH*T SHOW. I think this team fanbase deserve much better after missing playoffs for a decade, but all we get is one sh*t show after thie other. Very disrespecful. 

Terry and Kevin Adams can go 🖕 them selfs, i will never forgive them for what they did with Linus (this is personal) and has nothing to do with what you believe or anyone else. Linus sends his regards and hope that you guys may turn this ship around one day. So do i.

Peace Out Goodbye GIF by Karsten Torebjer

Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MODO Hockey said:

I dont even know where to begin, it feels like were one step ahead and then taking two steps back every season.

Thanks to Linus i became a Sabres fan, for good and bad but today i feel robbed of my dedication to this team as a fan over these past years.

Ive not only become grumpy and bitchy, ive also realised that putting faith in this team is not healthy in any way. Maybe i take things to seriously but on the other hand there is no better feeling when doing that and the team responds in a way your hoping.

To this day as said above, ive been a sabres fan and i will probably always be one because the roots go to deep, but i will no longer put my alarms on 00:45 am in the night to watch sabres, i will do that to watch Linus, playing for Boston Bruins, and this feeling is damn awkward to say the least, trust me!

Im glad in the end because i got to know some really awesome people from this board. Some ppl dislike me, some dont and the feeling is mutual, because in the end all that matters is that we cheer for the same team and u dont have to like everyone.

With that said,

This org is a god da*n SH*T SHOW. I think this team fanbase deserve much better after missing playoffs for a decade, but all we get is one sh*t show after thie other. Very disrespecful. 

Terry and Kevin Adams can go 🖕 them selfs, i will never forgive them for what they did with Linus (this is personal) and has nothing to do with what you believe or anyone else. Linus sends his regards and hope that you guys may turn this ship around one day. So do i.

Good luck and God Bless. 

• Like (+1) 1

As fans of a team we'll always take it personally when things don't go our way. I really remembering thinking this way sort of throughout the Bills drought but knew all it took was a decent HC to turn it around. I know everyone want's to blame the Pegulas for all our failures and that is your right as a fan but for me it's not like they haven't tried a bunch of different scenarios to try to improve our team.... GM Tim Murray, GM Jason Botterill, GM Kevyn Adams, tried getting help from President Patrick Lafontaine, President Ted Black, Head coaches in Ted Nolan, Dan Bylsma (won a cup with Pittsburgh), Phil Housley, swung and missed in FA with Taylor Hall, Ville Leino, Kyle Okposo, Matt Moulson, Brian Gionta, Jason Pomminstein, Jeff Skinner and a list of others. They are to blame for not getting it right but can't be blamed for not trying imo, eventually though like the Buffalo Bills all it will take is great coaching and to weed out the ones who are making the locker room toxic which imo is what they did with the recent trades and most likely what they'll do with Jack Eichel and although it sucks to see the tank and rebuild #1 all be burnt down it's apparent that it's what needed to happen and we can only hope and pray that we get it right this time around. 

The good thing/bad thing for me is that if you look at this roster there is no superstar which yes sucks but could also be a great thing, there is no guy on our roster that will think they're bigger than the team and I'm sorry but I'm 100% certain Jack realizes he's the best player and makes it known (I have 0 proof of this but it's my own personal feeling). That being said you may think differently down the line and hopefully you stay on board my friend because when we finally get it right it's going to be a fun ride once again.

"..I will never forgive them for what they did with Linus (this is personal)"

Seriously? 

They drafted him, developed him, gave him a career in hockey.   They also gave him carte blanche to mourn the passing of his father last season and offered him a contract to be their starter,  which he turned down for a division rival. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

With that said,

I don’t blame you in the least. I sometimes question my own sanity following this shitshow. Do whats best for you and maybe one day they might actually resemble a well run org. But I agree, the owners are clueless. Come back and say hi. We’ll still be here bitchin and moanin.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

With that said,

Most of the time seeing your posts I wasn't signed into the board as a member.  I did watch your YouTube video about your trip to Buffalo.

I understand your disappointment but at least you made some good friends you can take with you in your future.

This to shall pass.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

"..I will never forgive them for what they did with Linus (this is personal)"

Seriously? 

They drafted him, developed him, gave him a career in hockey.   They also gave him carte blanche to mourn the passing of his father last season and offered him a contract to be their starter,  which he turned down for a division rival. 

As i said, if you could ever learn to read properly it has nothing to do with what you think because you dont know what i know. What u know is official news that youve been feed by the media. Jesus, go have a beer. Bon voyage

2 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

As i said, if you could ever learn to read properly it has nothing to do with what you think because you dont know what i know. What u know is official news that youve been feed by the media. Jesus, go have a beer. Bon voyage

You could always just correct peoples misperceptions.

• Like (+1) 2

I root for the Sabres team way before any individual player.  

When I was a kid I idolized Bobby Orr. He was the most exciting player in the league at the time.  A true generational talent.  

Then in 1970 the Sabres were born.  Goodbye Bobby Orr.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Since I can't read properly, please enlighten me... I'm all ears.

I know Kevyn personally and I can say without any doubt he's not the type to purposefully wrong anybody.     He's respectful and treats others fairly, so I'm sorry but I find it extremely hard to believe he personally mistreated Linus at any point in time.  

Edited by pi2000
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

With that said,

Thanks for informing us you won't be a fan anymore. Enjoy following the Bruins. Buh-bye. We'll try to get along without you.

17 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Since I can't read properly, please enlighten me... I'm all ears.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Thanks for informing us you won't be a fan anymore. Enjoy following the Bruins. Buh-bye. We'll try to get along without you.

Seams to me there is more than one that cannot read properly, lol. No need to be sarcastic.

Season 2 Omg GIF

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.