That’s Two! Goalie Aaron Dell Signed to a One Year 750k Deal

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

This is beyond ridiculous. Actually found a way to downgrade from Hutton. 

Well if there is one thing this team is good at, it lowering the fans expectations and proving that it can always be worse.

I can picture it now, 3 years from now, Kenny the intern (today) is named GM after KA's rebuild fails, Andrew Peters is named Head Coach and the front office is working on a deal to move Dhalin and Powers and the fans were wishing the team could get back to atleast the days when Hutton was the starting goaltender......

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Well if there is one thing this team is good at, it lowering the fans expectations and proving that it can always be worse.

I can picture it now, 3 years from now, Kenny the intern (today) is named GM after KA's rebuild fails, Andrew Peters is named Head Coach and the front office is working on a deal to move Dhalin and Powers and the fans were wishing the team could get back to atleast the days when Hutton was the starting goaltender......

Good grief man. Who the heck is Dhalin and Powers?

🤔

• SDS unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, tom webster said:

It’s a Rochester press release and a two way contract, settle down.

Interesting but still…

We’ve got two minor league goalies, a goalie who should be retired and a kid who looks a long way away from the NHL.

Right now, two of them are in the NHL.

This franchise is downright pitiful. Another bus full of $750,000 useless turds and they somehow, SOMEHOW managed to make the goaltender position worse. I didn't think that was humanly possible. Adams better have something huge up his sleeve. Maybe he'll trade Jack to LA for Jonathan Quick and Dustin Brown. Seems about right.

This team is shaping up to be fugly as it ever has the way it stands right now. I can only hope Meatballs is a ***** wizard with the young uns. 

Meanwhile, when we thought the Bruins were on the way down, they sign Ullmark and Foligno (and Hall). Not necessarily guys that will take them to the Cup, but they needed goaltending and a little more toughness according to the fans. And that's what they got. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PP Slapper said:

I’ll reserve judgment if these are the goalies heading into the season.  Plenty of time left to add a goalie. 

Which only means, KA is gonna get raped in the dirt chute to find anyone. The whole league knows the Sabres need a GT in a bad way, so he's got his work cut out for him, unless he can get a solid goalie thrown in with the Eichel trade. I'm not holding my breath. And what goalie wants to play with that defense in front of him? No more Risto, no more McCabe, no more Borgen, although small sample size. But hey, we Pysyk back!!

Edited by Claude Balls

12 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Which only means, KA is gonna get raped in the dirt chute to find anyone. The whole league knows the Sabres need a GT in a bad way, so he's got his work cut out for him, unless he can get a solid goalie thrown in with the Eichel trade. I'm not holding my breath. And what goalie wants to play with that defense in front of him? No more Risto, no more McCabe, no more Borgen, although small sample size. But hey, we Pysyk back!!

Well, as goalies are typically pretty hard to come by, if a team is looking/willing to move one, it means they are one of the rare ones that have a surplus.  So, presuming there are no taxi squads in '21-'22, the thing keeping the ask for the goalie reasonable is that any & all spares (w/ very few exceptions) have to go through waivers and Buffalo has dibs on any and all when the season starts.

Yes, GMs will try to rape Adams.  But they can only push so hard before there is no deal & they lose a goalie for nothing.

12 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I am sick of this.  I am really quite beside myself. 

Maybe UPL will come up from Rochester after 30 games?   Maybe Anderson will teach and mentor?  Maybe Aaron Dell is like a pre-Sabres Carter Hutton? 

Punch, I was going to say Anderson will be to these new expansion Sabres what Roger Crozier was to yours. Then google told me Crozier was only 28 when you traded Tom Webster for him.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Punch, I was going to say Anderson will be to these new expansion Sabres what Roger Crozier was to yours. Then google told me Crozier was only 28 when you traded Tom Webster for him.

I like Anderson.  He has a good career and is a character guy.   I think this is good pickup to backup Linus.  Anderson as a #2 and mentor to all the goalies is a great idea.  I am not happy to lose Ullmark because I really believe the key to turning the losing to winning starts in the net.  Maybe UPL gets called up and is ready?   My only goal this year is to do better than last year.  Obviously that should always be the plan. 

I am in Buffalo until Monday. I am sure to hear more interesting takes on this.  It’s over. I’ll let it go. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.