TP Please Sell The Team!

GASabresIUFAN

2 hours ago, Drag0nDan said:

I hope they don't.  If they do its probably some group to move them to Quebec or houston or something.  

The Pegulas would have to leave out the no-movement clause OSP put in, then the league (Board of Governors) would have to approve such a move. Not impossible. Is risking the improbable worth getting rid of these people? Yes. The family itself is an existential threat to the franchise.

• Like (+1) 1

Today presser was further proof the this team is dying and should be sold.

If KA pivot plan is a 40 year old starting goalie then he is full of crap.  No one wants to play here unless they aren’t getting offers from anyone else.

No internal cap? More BS how is it that not a single FA was signed for more the $1 mill?  

15 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Today presser was further proof the this team is dying and should be sold.

If KA pivot plan is a 40 year old starting goalie then he is full of crap.  No one wants to play here unless they aren’t getting offers from anyone else.

No internal cap? More BS how is it that not a single FA was signed for more the $1 mill?  

Why should they sign free agents though?  The team has bled cash year after year, and they should expect to shell out cash again for a bad team to lose?  The goal this year is to get young players playing time.  Also:

A - You don't build a successful team that way.  Between Ehrhoff, Leino, Okposo, etc.  it seems like you're more likely to miss than hit.  There are other examples across the league.

B - This free agent class was pretty weak.  One player got more than 6 AAV.  Hamilton was the prize, Grubauer the top goalie... then Zach Hyman.  Who's essentially switching from running with Matthews to running with McDavid.  

C - Who would sign here?  Older vets chasing a cup most likely won't.  The only other person would be someone to get a large offer out to try and leverage it for more money.  I'd have liked a better goalie, there aren't a ton of goalie jobs out there.  I think they're going to roll with a youth movement there too (well young and old as hell).

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

Why should they sign free agents though?  The team has bled cash year after year, and they should expect to shell out cash again for a bad team to lose?  The goal this year is to get young players playing time.  Also:

A - You don't build a successful team that way.  Between Ehrhoff, Leino, Okposo, etc.  it seems like you're more likely to miss than hit.  There are other examples across the league.

B - This free agent class was pretty weak.  One player got more than 6 AAV.  Hamilton was the prize, Grubauer the top goalie... then Zach Hyman.  Who's essentially switching from running with Matthews to running with McDavid.  

C - Who would sign here?  Older vets chasing a cup most likely won't.  The only other person would be someone to get a large offer out to try and leverage it for more money.  I'd have liked a better goalie, there aren't a ton of goalie jobs out there.  I think they're going to roll with a youth movement there too (well young and old as hell).

You bring in FAs for areas of need.  I agree that shelling out big $ for FAs has never worked.  Heck, trading for big name players has also rarely worked.  However target spending to fill roster holes does work.  This team needed goaltending and no one in the organization is ready to assume the role.  Where then do you get a goalie? Either through trade or FAs.  Ka said he was reluctant to trade assets to get a goalie therefore FAs were the only route left to him.  

The other serious hole in the roster was defensive D-men.  He acquired two in trade, but neither Butcher nor Hagg fit that description, although Hagg might with the right coaching.  Bottomline, KA has failed so far to give his young team the proper support it needs.  Not a surprise, but sad all the same.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.