TP Please Sell The Team!

GASabresIUFAN

4 minutes ago, SJSabres Fan said:

I really don’t want them to sell the team. I would like to see them recommit to creating a winner.  They came in with guns blazing and we were all so excited. Terry and Kim have definitely made some bad decisions.  If they would come out and say “hey, we really f-ed up, but we’re ready to take a new approach, and we’re as passionately committed to winning as ever”, I’d be really stoked.  Blaze away, but that’s the best path for me. 

But Kim knows more than the fans. Why would she reverse course a year later and admit they are morons?  Keep dreaming. These clowns are just getting started with the decimation of this once proud franchise. 10 years no playoffs and definitely a few more coming up. 

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

No it isn’t.  What are we teaching this next crop if kids? Play out the string until you can force a trade out of town?  Losing doesn’t matter as long as you get a good draft pick.  Don’t worry about playing hard because ownership wants to lose.  Hard to build a winning culture that way.

Don’t believe for a skinny minute Granato or the kids are going to play to lose…

“We have a little bit more information than maybe a fan does, some inner workings that we see some positives in.”

Kim Pegula said this in May 2020 in justifying the decision to retain Jason Botterill.

Jason Botterill was fired one  month later.

These people.

Edited by Cascade Youth
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

“We have a little bit more information than maybe a fan does, some inner workings that we see some positives in.”

Kim Pegula said this in May 2020 in justifying the decision to retain Jason Botterill.

Jason Botterill was fired one  month later.

These people are hucksters.

So if she said I made a horrible mistake while he was still the GM that would have made more sense?

1 minute ago, JustOutsideChicago said:

Think they have spent any money improving the arena? Or is it going to be as pathetic as this roster? “Development” season? Fine. But do something to make the game day experience exceptional 

Why should they spend money on that? I mean who's going to games? Seriously, worrying about how nice the arena is ranks about 15th on my list right now. They played in the freakin' Aud for how many years?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why should they spend money on that? I mean who's going to games? Seriously, worrying about how nice the arena is ranks about 15th on my list right now. They played in the freakin' Aud for how many years?

Well it would be nice to sit in a seat that’s not torn to shreds. Maybe NHL arena level food options. Is that really too hard to ask?

2 hours ago, Thwomp! said:

Live look at Terry's yacht (no joke):

https://www.superyachtfan.com/yacht/top-five/

It doesn’t bother me in the least what Terry and Kim spend their money on for leisure. Good for them. And I hope they couldn’t care less what a person on this planet thinks either. Online jabs and criticisms are both valid and solid at times, and immature and illogical at other times IMO. 

44 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Crew of 18. Two short of an NHL team. Seems fitting.

I hope the family had shirts printed that say "We still got it done in '21"

3:2 crew to guest ratio

$75 million to build

A pittance of $5-$8 million to operate per year

I hate to say it, but I think @GASabresIUFAN might get his wish.  As @dudacek has been saying, it just seems hard to avoid the conclusion that TP has decided to sell the team and is keeping costs down and avoiding long-term commitments in order to make the financial picture attractive to potential buyers.

To which I'll say:  be careful what you wish for.

I hope I'm wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I hate to say it, but I think @GASabresIUFAN might get his wish.  As @dudacek has been saying, it just seems hard to avoid the conclusion that TP has decided to sell the team and is keeping costs down and avoiding long-term commitments in order to make the financial picture attractive to potential buyers.

I hope I'm wrong.

If it's happening, what does our wishing matter?

I'll add: What in the hell do we have to lose? and Get busy living or get busy dying.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

If it's happening, what does our wishing matter?

I'll add: What in the hell do we have to lose? and Get busy living or get busy dying.

The most precious thing of all -- an NHL team that could one day reward us for all of this anguish.

15 hours ago, JustOutsideChicago said:

Think they have spent any money improving the arena? Or is it going to be as pathetic as this roster? “Development” season? Fine. But do something to make the game day experience exceptional 

I got my vaccine there.  It was as ugly and depressing as i remember it.

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I hope I'm wrong.

I hope they don't.  If they do its probably some group to move them to Quebec or houston or something.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.