TP Please Sell The Team!

GASabresIUFAN

Honestly we deserve better than the crap your feeding us.  This is the best fanbase in the NHL and you are killing the team.  Why?  To save a few $? I get that you don’t want to invest $100 mill on a team that stinks.  I agree, but this reversal of cutting costs everywhere is killing your franchise.  Your team will be un-watchable and the fans will and should stay away in droves.  

Sell the team please.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Thanks (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Honestly we deserve better than the crap your feeding us.  This is the best fanbase in the NHL and you are killing the team.  Why?  To save a few $? I get that you don’t want to invest $100 mill on a team that stinks.  I agree, but this reversal of cutting costs everywhere is killing your franchise.  Your team will be un-watchable and the fans will and should stay away in droves.  

Sell the team please.

What did you expect was going to happen?  Did you actually think we were getting better significantly this off season?  We all know, as terrible as it is,  that the only way out of this is developing the team through the young talent.  Not signing free agents.   Everything we should be doing is for future considerations.   Doing anything significant for the now is, IMO, not only useless but prolongs being bad.

• Like (+1) 4

33 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

What did you expect was going to happen?  Did you actually think we were getting better significantly this off season?  We all know, as terrible as it is,  that the only way out of this is developing the team through the young talent.  Not signing free agents.   Everything we should be doing is for future considerations.   Doing anything significant for the now is, IMO, not only useless but prolongs being bad.

While I expected bargain hunting and roster filler, I did hope for some kind of plan to get some goaltending and a couple stay at home D to at least stabilize the team.  I should have known better.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

While I expected bargain hunting and roster filler, I did hope for some kind of plan to get some goaltending and a couple stay at home D to at least stabilize the team.  I should have known better.

Yeah, we agree on the goalie part.  I posted in the tank thread, that's the only thing I'd spend marginally on.  An adequate tender for the short term.  It's hard though because I'm not giving up any real assets and it's a down year for free agency goaltending. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Of course we did for next season.  What we didn’t think was that under his ownership we would have 4 GMs, 7 coaches, a .324 winning percentage and a single handed dismantling of one of the great hockey cities in the United States.

Sell the team.

Edited by COSabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

Yeah, we agree on the goalie part.  I posted in the tank thread, that's the only thing I'd spend marginally on.  An adequate tender for the short term.  It's hard though because I'm not giving up any real assets and it's a down year for free agency goaltending. 

From my view Levi and Portillo are very strong goalie prospects and UPL may be serviceable soon. I want to be impatient too, but if I take a step back, this might be the best plan for the future.

3 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

From my view Levi and Portillo are very strong goalie prospects and UPL may be serviceable soon. I want to be impatient too, but if I take a step back, this might be the best plan for the future.

No it isn’t.  What are we teaching this next crop if kids? Play out the string until you can force a trade out of town?  Losing doesn’t matter as long as you get a good draft pick.  Don’t worry about playing hard because ownership wants to lose.  Hard to build a winning culture that way.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

They had the 1st over all pick, they could have packaged that with Risto to get a real impact player.

Instead, Adams chose to tear it down. That leads to only one conclusion.....

Toxic losing culture.

You mean like when they brought in the best UFA and impact player Taylor Hall last offseason and... checks notes... finished last?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The hunt for goaltenders is not over. But today Seattle traded Vanacek back to the Capitals for a second round pick. If the Sabres would have offered Seattle a second round pick they would have taken it because we certainly will be drafting higher than Washington. This is another missed opportunity. And it should be recognized that  making an offer for Vanacek would have made sense even if Ullmark would have stayed. 

What this organization has to understand is even with a youth movement you have to give them the proper support in order for them succeed. What's becoming evident is that systemic losing is corrosive in so many ways. 

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You mean like when they brought in the best UFA and impact player Taylor Hall last offseason and... checks notes... finished last?

The only thing Taylor Hall was ever impactful on was ensuring his presence guaranteed the team he played for the 1st over all pick in the next draft.

To that end, he did not disappoint in Buffalo.

28 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

No it isn’t.  What are we teaching this next crop if kids? Play out the string until you can force a trade out of town?  Losing doesn’t matter as long as you get a good draft pick.  Don’t worry about playing hard because ownership wants to lose.  Hard to build a winning culture that way.

You do realize we got the #1 overall pick with Jack Eichel, Sam Reinhart, Jeff Skinner, Taylor Hall, Linus Ullmark, Rasmus Ristolainen right? So those players we lost have been a part of the losing so we should keep this ***** show in tact and just keep rinse and repeating HC and GM's? It's a culture thing just like the Bills and we're eliminating the bad seeds and hopefully infusing the good ones. GM Adams is doing what he needs to do right now and overpaying for more high priced free agents is absolutely dumb and will land us another Okposo or 2. Before wanting to sell this team off step back, lets see if Eichel gets dealt or we make a trade for a G before or just let the kids show us what they've got. 

I really don’t want them to sell the team. I would like to see them recommit to creating a winner.  They came in with guns blazing and we were all so excited. Terry and Kim have definitely made some bad decisions.  If they would come out and say “hey, we really f-ed up, but we’re ready to take a new approach, and we’re as passionately committed to winning as ever”, I’d be really stoked.  Blaze away, but that’s the best path for me. 

4 minutes ago, SJSabres Fan said:

I really don’t want them to sell the team. I would like to see them recommit to creating a winner.  They came in with guns blazing and we were all so excited. Terry and Kim have definitely made some bad decisions.  If they would come out and say “hey, we really f-ed up, but we’re ready to take a new approach, and we’re as passionately committed to winning as ever”, I’d be really stoked.  Blaze away, but that’s the best path for me. 

If they ever get the right management team in here, they'll be great owners.  But until management is right, they'll remain exasperating.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.