Hockey Hotline on DTV

bills_fan_in_raleigh

Any Idea if hockey hotline will be covered by any channel on DTV. Damn its starting to matter that Empire is gone

Not a chance.

First off they changed the format, so even if the Sabres postgame show were carried, it wouldn't be the same. The show has supposedly been transformed into more of an interview type show rather than a pure call in show. Boo!

2nd off, the post game show is now only going to be on an MSG back feed that you have to be in the WNY area to have any chance of seeing.

3rd off, MSG and DirecTV haven't reached an agreement to have DirecTV carry the Sabres games even in WNY. MSG has reached agreements with the local cable carriers and Dish Network. Supposedly MSG and DirecTV are negotiating this issue.

It looks right now, that Center Ice will be the only way to see Sabres games on DirecTV (even in WNY). Since Center Ice doesn't include the pregame and post game shows (except for an odd minute here or there) and the pre/post game shows aren't on a regular regional sports provider that would be picked up in the DirecTV sports pack (they're on a secondary MSG feed), I don't see how you would be able to get the post game show on DirecTV.

Sorry.

Dave.

PS If it's any consolation, I live in WNY and currently have no expectation of being able to pick up the post game show either.

Actually, Dave, all indications in the press is that Dish does not have a deal with MSG yet. DirecTV apparently has everything settled for hockey season. That's what I have read. I have DTV, live in Oregon and have the game listed as being on. This could be because they are playing the Islanders, but I know they are playing the replay game just like Empire did (which is great if you live on the west coast and work late).

It's all a total mess and I miss Empire Sports, even just for my updates on high school sports.

Actually, Dave, all indications in the press is that Dish does not have a deal with MSG yet. DirecTV apparently has everything settled for hockey season. That's what I have read. I have DTV, live in Oregon and have the game listed as being on. This could be because they are playing the Islanders, but I know they are playing the replay game just like Empire did (which is great if you live on the west coast and work late).

It's all a total mess and I miss Empire Sports, even just for my updates on high school sports.

That is the Islander feed listed. Hopefully it won't be blacked out.

Actually, Dave, all indications in the press is that Dish does not have a deal with MSG yet. DirecTV apparently has everything settled for hockey season. That's what I  have read. I have DTV, live in Oregon and have the game listed as being on.  This could be because they are playing the Islanders, but I know they are playing the replay game just like Empire did (which is great if you live on the west coast and work late).

Check the Buffalo News archive for the Sports on the Air column. The preseason game against Ottawa was on Dish in the WNY area, it was not on DirecTV. The game was also on cable in WNY.

With you being out in Oregon, if you have Center Ice you will see the Sabres games. You will not see the SABRES pre/post game shows as there is no primary feed of a regional sports network showing them. There is a pre/post game show, but it will be on a secondary MSG feed. DirecTV in Oregon will have the primary MSG feed.

Check the Wednesday listing again, the pregame show is ISLANDERS pregame. Check the Friday listing, as of yesterday around noon, MSG is showing CFL when NESN is showing the Bruins / Sabres.

I assume you have Center Ice, if you don't then DirecTV will be blacking out the games in the 600's. (They may have a "free" Center Ice preview and you will see the games for a few days, but that will be it.)

Missing Empire - you're preaching to the choir.

Rant alert:

Just a reminder for anyone who still has Adelphia as their cable company. Those b*stards had a legitimate offer to buy Empire, they wouldn't accept it because they would have to start paying rights fees to show Empire on Adelphia. They felt they would eventually lose money so they just killed it. They were wrong, as they made poor judgements in developing their proformas. They put NO value on good will / intangibles. Also, I'm sure they used much too low a discount rate considering their poor financial status. Because they killed it but didn't need to, NO Sabres fan (or Bills or Buffalo fan) should EVER buy or use ANY Adelphia product again. They gave it to you up the back side, you should do the same.

End of Rant.

Dave.

Right now all NHL games being played wednesday night are listed on DTV guide in the 700's EXCEPT for Buffalo and Islanders.    The Buffalo Isalnders game is ONLY listed on MSG,  I dont understand why its not listed in the 700's well will have to call DTV and see whats up.

On the sports schedule channel (220) the game is listed as being shown on Channel 773. They updated that list early this afternoon.

Dave.

Thanx I was about to get PO'd. I havent missed having empire till just this week and knowing I wont get to see hotline and sabres pre/post game shows. Oh well may have to get XM so I can get radio broadcast at least. At least having DTV center ice and haiving Sabres come to Carolina Twice will make up for it all.

finally some good news. hopefully its the home teams broadcast that is on center ice.

Hey billsfan in raleigh. I'm in Apex,NC and go to the games when they come down here to play the Canes. Matter of fact I all ready have tickets to those games. Preety neat to see all the Sabres fans that live down here. It was so cool to hear us chant "Lets go Buffalo" when the Canes first came here. Now we get drowned out a bit. LOL

Any Idea if hockey hotline will be covered by any channel on DTV. Damn its starting to matter that Empire is gone

I thought it was an absolute travesty that Empire is no longer with us. I even miss WNSA, because GR just sucks out loud. It wasn't so bad with no hockey season, but now that the NHL's back, the absense of Empire will really be felt. :(

Thanx I was about to get PO'd. I havent missed having empire till just this week and knowing I wont get to see hotline and sabres pre/post game shows. Oh well may have to get XM so I can get radio broadcast at least. At least having DTV center ice and haiving Sabres come to Carolina Twice will make up for it all.

you can get the radio feeds for free on nhl.com

I'm in Greensboro, and I'm always there too. Nothing beats seeing a bunch of Sabres fans at a Canes game.

I liked it better in greensboro, yeah shorter drive to RBC however used to get to sit with scratched players in greensboro, got many autographs and had a chance to talk to Darcy for about 1/2 a period one time.

Archived