Linus Ullmark: signs with Boston Bruins

SDS

20 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

From whats being reported, it sounds like its possible the Sabres thought they had him but he decided to shop the offer around and Boston agreed to match what Buffalo was offering

Which is why the Sabres should've offered $6+ over the same term.  

That extra $1MM helps the Sabres get to the cap floor, gives Ullmark his Sally Fields moment (you like me, you really like ME!), and makes it tough to pull the trigger as an "insurance policy" if you're the Bruins.

This stinks.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Taro T said:

Which is why the Sabres should've offered $6+ over the same term.  

That extra $1MM helps the Sabres get to the cap floor, gives Ullmark his Sally Fields moment (you like me, you really like ME!), and makes it tough to pull the trigger as an "insurance policy" if you're the Bruins.

This stinks.

Maybe they did and he decided going to a playoff team was more important then money on another rebuild?

Theres a really good chance they wouldn't see the playoffs until his final year in that deal

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Yep. You can't be left without a dance partner. It's literally Adams job and what he's judged on

2 years in a row he didn't have Plan A locked down and now WE have to suffer.  Hopefully Plan B is a good one & an attainable one.  The kids need competent goaltending covering their learning/ teachable moments.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Maybe they did and he decided going to a playoff team was more important then money on another rebuild?

Theres a really good chance they wouldn't see the playoffs until his final year in that deal

Enough reports out there saying Ullmark's team took the Sabres deal & shopped it for a match to believe the Sabres weren't at/over $6/year.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

2 years in a row he didn't have Plan A locked down and now WE have to suffer.  Hopefully Plan B is a good one & an attainable one.  The kids need competent goaltending covering their learning/ teachable moments.

How many GMS has it been since we were told by a GM that we were going to suffer?

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Fool me once, shame on......shame on......you?..Point is, can't get fooled again

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

Enough reports out there saying Ullmark's team took the Sabres deal & shopped it for a match to believe the Sabres weren't at/over $6/year.

But if the Sabres decided to up the offer for $6 mil would that have been enough? Maybe he was shopping to see if there was a competitive team willing to give him a similar deal?

3 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Don’t blame him. I’d bail at this point as well. The team has no intent on winning obviously. What a shite show. Take a bow Mr. Pegula.

Literally every single player just wants out at this point. As soon as they can.

31 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He has said if he not in Boston he not playing.

Rask  just had hip surgery and is expected to miss 5 to 6 months.  Training camps open in September.  Ullmark will see plenty of action.  They also  still have Swayman.

4 minutes ago, postseasonblues said:

They only want players who want to be here.

It's showing.

Are u playing dumb or are u dumb? 

Not one single healthy player that loves hockey want to play for this trash org, that would supprise me. Lol.. its all showbizz with players that want to come to Sabres. Thinking otherwise would be quite foolish.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Lol, McDavid hasn't won either. Almost like it's a team sport. 

What a bad comparison. 

McDavid has seen the playoffs twice. A scoring leader, a real captain and his Edmonton Oilers attract the free agents as they wish to play on a McDavid team. Accurate comparison I think.

Just now, eman said:

McDavid has seen the playoffs twice. A scoring leader, a real captain and his Edmonton Oilers attract the free agents as they wish to play on a McDavid team. Accurate comparison I think.

So you missed the point and think it's about Eichel and McDavid, cool. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

So you missed the point and think it's about Eichel and McDavid, cool. 

Nope, the post was that even if the Sabres finish last and get the lottery pick again, they may not get the first pick next year and have to settle for "second best yet again in a better draft supposedly. Like they had to with Eichel, when McDavid was really who they wanted. I think I read his post properly.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.