Linus Ullmark: signs with Boston Bruins

SDS

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Not if you sign him

They couldn't do that with him being with Florida at the time, but if they traded for his rights they could have protected him while trying to work out a deal

He was willing to sign a deal for an expansion team before they even had their team drafted, and now he is the backup.

He could have been signed in Buffalo and also given the starter position

Yea, and if we signed Ullmark...

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Maybe not on Ullmark (thought I would). But certainly on not acquiring 1 from the entire pool 

You think any of them wanted to come here?

It sucks, but that's the reality. 

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

You think any of them wanted to come here?

It sucks, but that's the reality. 

The answer can't be "then have bad goaltending". 

In that case, your "5 million is too much" analysis doesn't apply: of course he's worth that, then, if the alternative is Houser, like you said. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, tom webster said:

I guess I’ll take a loss on this one but they were sure this deal was done. I’m not entirely sure it was Linus who backed out.

Bill Hader Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I guess I’ll take a loss on this one but they were sure this deal was done. I’m not entirely sure it was Linus who backed out.

If this is the case, that implies that the Sabres really thought they had someone and then Linus took all day  while others signed and then screwed the team.

2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

From whats being reported, it sounds like its possible the Sabres thought they had him but he decided to shop the offer around and Boston agreed to match what Buffalo was offering

Well if they received the Linus who looked good for us, it's a big loss, if they received the Linus who couldn't stay healthy for any long stretch of time, well 5M of 4 years is a giant overpayment. We'll see who gets the last laugh.

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

Sweet Jesus. All the other prospects are at least two years out minimum. What a disaster of a franchise. Absolutely unbelievable. What will be worse is when we finish last and lose the lottery next year. 

... oh I wouldn't say that for next years draft. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SDS said:

If this is the case, that implies that the Sabres really thought they had someone and then Linus took all day  while others signed and then screwed the team.

Which is probably why Marty Biron was reportedly blasting Ullmark on social media. This day certainly didn't go as many had thought or hoped.

Just now, jsb said:

Well if they received the Linus who looked good for us, it's a big loss, if they received the Linus who couldn't stay healthy for any long stretch of time, well 5M of 4 years is a giant overpayment. We'll see who gets the last laugh.

Linus will be fine, lets just say he cant wait to finally play the big games where he will prove all doubters how good he really is. 

Just spoke to him about the trade but ill leave the short conversation out that we just had.

For me this is one awkward situation since about 20% of my hockeheart is with Sabres. I will follow Linus whereever he goes and that is no news for anyone here, but having Linus playing for Sabres big rival Boston will hurt, trust me.

Maybe another big trade is happening shortly. Lets see.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

... oh I wouldn't say that for next years draft. 

Like when they lost the Lottery and got to pick the next best thing in Eichel?

10 minutes ago, SDS said:

Well then thats another fault of the Front Office for sitting back and waiting. If he wanted to wait and shop around, you can't sit back and wait for him to make a decision, you make your moves and circle back to him later if you still need him.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SDS said:

GM's can't get "screwed". Come on. You need a back up plan. We'll see if Adams has one. There is no acceptable scenario where he can be given a second reprieve for not addressing the goaltending 

Just now, Thorny said:

GM's can't get "screwed". Come on. You need a back up plan. We'll see if Adams has one. There is no acceptable scenario where he can be given a second reprieve for not addressing the goaltending 

I disagree on that one.

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Like when they lost the Lottery and got to pick the next best thing in Eichel?

Well then thats another fault of the Front Office for sitting back and waiting. If he wanted to wait and shop around, you can't sit back and wait for him to make a decision, you make your moves and circle back to him later if you still need him.

Yep. You can't be left without a dance partner. It's literally Adams job and what he's judged on

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Lol, McDavid hasn't won either. Almost like it's a team sport. 

What a bad comparison. 

I was assuming its because you thought there were multiple 'generational talents' in the next draft like there was that year

Atleast McDavid has played like advertised and won individual awards being at the top of the league.

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I know the reports Minny is out on Eichel but maybe we can give them a mid rounder for Kaapo Kähkönen and sign some gray beard to split time with him.

Thank you. I’ve been beating this drum for the last two days and everyone ignores it. They didn’t protect him in the expansion draft either.

Edited by I-90 W

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I was assuming its because you thought there were multiple 'generational talents' in the next draft like there was that year

Atleast McDavid has played like advertised and won individual awards being at the top of the league.

No it's because Eichel isn't whatever we draft in 2022. They are different ppl in different situations

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.