[Vague Title] The Hope-ium Den

IKnowPhysics

9 hours ago, I-90 W said:

I’m excited about Levi, I think he looked even better than Knight in the WJC. To me the Sabres are supposed to have top notch goaltending, and we haven’t had that since Miller. Looking forward to watching him and UPL develop. I’ll be really excited if we get a 1a or 1b back in the Jack trade. 

I have never seen Levi play (did not see any of the WJC), but I also wonder where Portillo fits into this mix.  Also, did Levi have one hot tournament or is he legit?  I'm not suggesting this to bust anyone's chops - I really have no idea.  I had never heard of him before the trade and am interested to hear the opinions of those who know about him.  Same for Portillo.  I know we drafted him and he's in line to be the starting goalie for one of the top NCAA programs (playing with Owen Power in front of him), but I don't know much beyond that.

13 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I have never seen Levi play (did not see any of the WJC), but I also wonder where Portillo fits into this mix.  Also, did Levi have one hot tournament or is he legit?  I'm not suggesting this to bust anyone's chops - I really have no idea.  I had never heard of him before the trade and am interested to hear the opinions of those who know about him.  Same for Portillo.  I know we drafted him and he's in line to be the starting goalie for one of the top NCAA programs (playing with Owen Power in front of him), but I don't know much beyond that.

He was fantastic at the tournament, pretty much flawless actually. I can’t speak firsthand beyond that, but here’s some good articles:

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/underestimate-devon-levi-at-your-own-peril

https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/west-island-gazette/devon-levi-broke-idol-carey-prices-record-while-playing-with-broken-rib

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2021/01/31_Levis-Process-Lead-to-World.php

He’s a very easy kid to root for.

• Like (+1) 3

Danny Gare, Terry Martin, Derek Smith, Jim Schoenfeld, Larry Playfair, and Don Luce were in town at a wedding together last week. 

It is now over 40 years after they played together.  That is because Buffalo is a great hockey town with great fans.  Young players will want to be part of making the Buffalo Sabres great once again, and it will be soon. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.