Updated Sabres Prospect Pool 2021 and beyond

GASabresIUFAN

On 4/27/2022 at 4:38 PM, LGR4GM said:

Speaking of prospects, it's come to my attention that Dallas has the OHL, Qmjhl, and WHL p/gp leaders all in their prospect pool. 

Logan Stankoven, Wyatt Johnson, Mavrik Borque

Stankoven is singlehandedly ending the T-Birds in this Western Conf Western HL finals. He's got super quick hands and the "in the right place at the right time" gene or what the kids are calling the Hockey IQ. Seriously, every loose bounce or rebound goes right to him (uncovered) for an empty-net pot. He might be short but he's going to be a whale of a player.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Instigators OT episode with Peca where he talks Amerks.

Was interesting to listen to hear the difference hearing him talk about Peterka/Krebs/Quinn (loves them and clearly expects long NHL careers) and Ruotsalainen (loves him and hopes he can adapt his game enough to be an NHL 4th liner)

He’s another one who gives us reason to believe Rousek might be a dark horse to emerge next year.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Was interesting to listen to hear the difference hearing him talk about Peterka/Krebs/Quinn (loves them and clearly expects long NHL careers) and Ruotsalainen (loves him and hopes he can adapt his game enough to be an NHL 4th liner)

He’s another one who gives us reason to believe Rousek might be a dark horse to emerge next year.

Am really interested in seeing how they develop Peca.  Due to his personal circumstances (waaaaay too small to play the way he did) he had to really understand the game AND work his arse off to hone his craft and was so effective at it he was the clear choice to be captain of that o erachieving team he led (and was backstopped by the greatest goalie to ever play).  So, based on his knowledge & his leadership skills, he could become a very effective coach at the NHL level w/ some seasoning.

Wonder if the brass sees that for him as well.

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

I listened to the podcast, Peca just sounds like a leader. 
I liked the part where JJP was miffed about Quinn getting Rookie of the year so he went out next game and got a hat trick.

I hoped he would’ve talked about UPL but Dell was the guy brought up.

Sounds like Rousek may turn some heads.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I listened to the podcast, Peca just sounds like a leader. 
I liked the part where JJP was miffed about Quinn getting Rookie of the year so he went out next game and got a hat trick.

I hoped he would’ve talked about UPL but Dell was the guy brought up.

Sounds like Rousek may turn some heads.

I wouldn’t be shocked that in another year if Peca and Weber are flanking Granato on the Sabres bench. I think Adams wants to have a strong Buffalo connection in the organization. He has a lot of character guys like Mair, Ellis, Peca, Weber all involved in roles. Not to mention Tim Kennedy I’m skills development. Jay McKee has Hamilton in Game 7 in the OHL finals. He might be another guy brought into the fold down the line.

And I have no problem with this, these are all guys with high character, high work ethic and leadership that have pride in the Sabres organization.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.