KA on FA, 7/24 presser: We don't want to "box out" our young core

PASabreFan

17 minutes ago, Digger said:

I believe Mattias Samuelsson has a great opportunity with the team next year as a top 4 D on the left side.  I would think that both he and his father are excited about the upcoming season.  He's getting his chance to show that he can play in the NHL before Owen Power comes onto the team and pushes him down the depth chart.  This is a great year for him and I'm excited to see how he plays with a full year in the NHL.

In the long run if he plays well he may get moved in the future because of the depth on Left D but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Short term he'll be happy to get his chance with the Sabres and with some success who knows maybe he'll be able to play the right side with Owen Power and add some snarl to that D pairing in the longer future.

Maybe he will eventually be a second pairing defenseman but if he makes the roster next year it will be as a third or fourth pairing player. That in itself would give him a great opportunity to show what he is capable of. If he doesn't make the big club roster at the start of the season he will be getting a lot of playing time in the AHL and be better prepared when he gets an opportunity.

6 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Advising his kid not to play for Buffalo. Sure his career hasn't been amazing, imagine how much worse it would have gone in the poop tornado that is Sabres development.

Brendan Lemieux hasn't exactly had a great career so far.  He's moved from Buffalo to Winnipeg to NY Ranger to LA Kings and hasn't cemented a spot anywhere.  He needs to work hard to stay in the NHL so there's not much room for being cocky about who he plays for.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

He goes from being a 4th liner to not being in the NHL at all.

His attitude has gotten him moved 4 times that was such a wasted pick .

He sabotaged his own interview so we wouldn't draft him that's how stupid Tim Murray was

Edited by Buffalonill

11 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Advising his kid not to play for Buffalo. Sure his career hasn't been amazing, imagine how much worse it would have gone in the poop tornado that is Sabres development.

... is he even in the NHL? 

Just now, Buffalonill said:

His attitude has gotten him moved 4 times that was such a wasted pick .

He sabotaged his own interview so we wouldn't draft that's how stupid Tim Murray was

Truth. 

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Brendan has done nothing in this league. Was going to be a scrub no matter what team he was on. This is why he keeps getting passed around like a cold. Likely still kicking around due to Dad. 

4 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Let's say I have a source and I'm not one who runs around on here saying I have sources. When you live in an NHL city it's funny who you run into out of the blue from time to time.

Ok, so you have actually heard it from someone who would know.  I’m glad you aren’t one who goes on here and says you have a source though.  🙃

Honestly, based on what the organization has been it’s not surprise.  If things turn around, that attitude will most likely turn around as well.  Adams has his work cut out for him.

4 hours ago, kas23 said:

I think Samuelsson still needs to prove he can even play in the NHL before daddy starts throwing a fit. This sounds like Brendan Lemieux part deux. 

No no.  Doesn’t sound like throwing a fit to me.  Everyone wants the best for their kids.  If the Samuelssons feel like Buffalo is not a good situation, it is possible to work your hardest, do your best for the team, and at the same time not put yourself in a situation contractually were you are tied down long term.  That’s basically what I feel Reino did.

1 minute ago, Curt said:

No no.  Doesn’t sound like throwing a fit to me.  Everyone wants the best for their kids.  If the Samuelssons feel like Buffalo is not a good situation, it is possible to work your hardest, do your best for the team, and at the same time not put yourself in a situation contractually were you are tied down long term.  That’s basically what I feel Reino did.

Isn’t this advice you would give to any kid, regardless of profession/job/career? Or, is this something more newsworthy?

2 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Isn’t this advice you would give to any kid, regardless of profession/job/career? Or, is this something more newsworthy?

I don’t think it’s really newsworthy.  In a situation that seems dysfunctional, most parents would probably advise their son to not tie themselves into it for any longer than necessary.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.