2021 Free Agent Frenzy! July 28

steveoath

1 minute ago, I-90 W said:

It’s going to be hard getting to the cap floor. Overpaying FAs to play here would be antithetical to what KA is trying to do. We don’t want people who don’t want to be here. I don’t envy his position at all.

We can trade to get salary dumps by the start of the season.  Some teams are well over the cap and will need to offload players.  We can absorb them as long as they are short-term players and rack up more draft picks in the process.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, I-90 W said:

It’s going to be hard getting to the cap floor. Overpaying FAs to play here would be antithetical to what KA is trying to do. We don’t want people who don’t want to be here. I don’t envy his position at all.

It won't be.  It would take extreme effort to not get to the cap floor (even w/ the $30+ in cap room they have which will soon become $40+ (minus whatever salary comes back in THAT trade)).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.