2021 Free Agent Frenzy! July 28

steveoath

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

It makes them weaker with Hall and his  Track record taking all the teams down to the draft lottery is scary

Oh don’t worry much, I think they have plenty of good players to keep them in the playoff hunt.

2 hours ago, Curt said:

So, the thing is, it makes sense to be unhappy that the Sabres are not acquiring good players for the NHL team.

However, it doesn’t makes sense to be unhappy that the Sabres acquired a good player for the AHL team.  That’s a good thing that should happen.

Especially since this guy is a recent teammate of JJ Peterka.  It will be good for the German kid in a new country to have a familiar face.  In addition to him being a good AHL defenseman.

The fury is misplaced.

Hey, I live in Rochester and would much rather watch them over the Sabres right now. So the Amerks getting better is fine with me. They dis the same thing last year and it didn't work out too well. I'm just sick of the Sabres doing nothing to improve themselves. I have no clue what Adams is up to. I'm not furious, just majorly frustrated. This team is such a downer!!

32 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Hey, I live in Rochester and would much rather watch them over the Sabres right now. So the Amerks getting better is fine with me. They dis the same thing last year and it didn't work out too well. I'm just sick of the Sabres doing nothing to improve themselves. I have no clue what Adams is up to. I'm not furious, just majorly frustrated. This team is such a downer!!

Yeah, I can certainly understand the frustration.  I was hoping they would sign a couple decent vets to 1-3 year deals and especially create solid goaltending to keep this young team in games.  I’m doubtful that’s going to happen now.  It’s looking kind of tanky.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

There were a lot of teams that wanted him after what he added to Boston last year. This is a good pickup for them.

No it is not. He is a lazy, uninterested player. Boston didn't even make an attempt to bring him back.  He is the type of player other team's fans see and think he is big and tough until he is on their team. Ask Boston fans what they think of him.

On 7/30/2021 at 9:14 AM, Claude Balls said:

Yes, Barney is a dick, but he's not wrong. 

Bam Bam is a very interesting guy, to say the least. He has never been one to mince words, and he doesn't GAF what people think about him.

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

No it is not. He is a lazy, uninterested player. Boston didn't even make an attempt to bring him back.  He is the type of player other team's fans see and think he is big and tough until he is on their team. Ask Boston fans what they think of him.

Just did a quick search of his name on Twitter and it’s the same as when Boston decided not to extend him a QO: Bruins fans are mad. Some loved him.

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Just did a quick search of his name on Twitter and it’s the same as when Boston decided not to extend him a QO: Bruins fans are mad. Some loved him.

Some did yes, but a lot were not mad to see him go.  If he is motivated he can be a force but he never seems motivated for long stretches.

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Some did yes, but a lot were not mad to see him go.  If he is motivated he can be a force but he never seems motivated for long stretches.

Yea you’re generally not going to see a fanbase universally love a guy that’s making $2.5M a year.

6 hours ago, Hoss said:

There were a lot of teams that wanted him after what he added to Boston last year. This is a good pickup for them.

It's a horrible pick up he  So inconsistent and so soft when he gives up and he's a ghost in the playoffs everytime doesn’t make a difference at all and he eats everything 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.