2021 Free Agent Frenzy! July 28

steveoath

10 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

I'd take Ritchie from that list. Tough in front of the net and would by far be the toughest player on the Sabres. 

Ritchie would be good. I'd also offer Cizikas a solid overpay on a 1-year deal with the promise that I'll retain the max 1/2 salary and deal him to a contender in the event we're not going to the playoffs. No NMC, but instead a handshake that I'll try to keep it to top teams. Just say I learned NMCs are bad from Hall last year. In the meantime, he gets to play middle six minutes instead of 4th line, and be looked up to by a young squad of centers.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I know people don't like that part of the game but, if Tom Wilson is in your division, you need Ryan Reaves. The league clearly isn't going to deal with him so some face punching is in order.

Or just getting some more cap space 😛

51 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Tom Wilson had 33 points in 47 games. 

Ryan Reaves had 5 points in 37 games. 

Not much of an effective “response.”

Thank you. The problem with Tom Wilson isn't that he's a dirtbag, it's that he's good at hockey in this version of the NHL.

As much as we hate to admit it Wilson is a good hockey player. He is one dirty SOB as well. I can't see Reeves having any effect whatsoever on how Wilson plays. Should be interesting though to see how it all plays out. Wilson seems to get away with crap by the NHL so I guess teams have to do something themselves.

20 hours ago, Curt said:

What do you mean by worked out?  This guy is signed to play in Rochester.  He is not expected to play for the NHL team at all.  Why are you angry about this?

Because it doesn't help the Sabres one iota. I would love to see the Sabres get better but all I keep seeing is this.

Yes, Barney is a dick, but he's not wrong. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

As much as we hate to admit it Wilson is a good hockey player. He is one dirty SOB as well. I can't see Reeves having any effect whatsoever on how Wilson plays. Should be interesting though to see how it all plays out. Wilson seems to get away with crap by the NHL so I guess teams have to do something themselves.

Completely disagree.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

If Reeves is on the ice for those games he most definitely will have an affect.  Him and Lucic are about the only 2 players in the league that Wilson actually respects.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Weave said:

If Reeves is on the ice for those games he most definitely will have an affect.  Him and Lucic are about the only 2 players in the league that Wilson actually respects.

true but Wilson plays far more then Reeves and Wilson plays on one of their top lines and gets more ice time. I cannot see Reeves out there as much so no I doubt he will have any effect on Wilson (except when he is on the ice at the same time of course...that's a no-brainer) but then if Reeves takes a bunch of penalties that only helps Washington so again Wilson will be helping his team.  

5 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

true but Wilson plays far more then Reeves and Wilson plays on one of their top lines and gets more ice time. I cannot see Reeves out there as much so no I doubt he will have any effect on Wilson (except when he is on the ice at the same time of course...that's a no-brainer) but then if Reeves takes a bunch of penalties that only helps Washington so again Wilson will be helping his team.  

Pay attention to Wilson when he plays NY.  He was a boy scout when they played Vegas.  Reeves ragdolled him once or twice and Toms heart shrunk 3 times that day.

many teams have tried the "let's get a goon" thing (including us in years past) but it does not seem to stop these guys like Wilson and Marchand from doing whatever they please. I have to admit though we could really use someone like these two (not a goon that is of no help but someone who can agitate and play as well).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.