2021 Free Agent Frenzy! July 28

steveoath

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Arizona would be smarter to trade him to Buffalo for a 2nd.

2 birds.  1 stone.  Would be a page right out of Sam Pollack's playbook.  (Well, in a bizarro way, but still ...) 

They traded him to Colorado for Connor Timmins and a 1st

18 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Cameron's just sitting in a picnic chair, in his Howe sweater, at the end of the diving board. How did they get him out there????

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9524882db52f1b572943b

The pool scene he wasn’t wearing the jersey. But that would have been even more epic if he had been. 😂

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

Cameron's just sitting in a picnic chair, in his Howe sweater, at the end of the diving board. How did they get him out there????

Pretty sure the answer was Sloan changing in front of him thinking he was catatonic.  😉

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

Pretty sure the answer was Sloan changing in front of him thinking he was catatonic.  😉

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Thorny said:

The D they got are just okay. Weak at C. They were horrid defensively from the F position last season. I think they'll be ok and potentially pretty good if things click but I wouldn't predict them to be the best team. Their team metrics were very poor last year overall. 

They replaced Tucker Poolman (got a ridiculous contract from Dim Jim) with Nate Schmidt.

They replaced Forbort (got an even more ridiculous deal from the Bruins) with Dillon.

Their metrics will be much better next year. If Chevy manages to keep Copper, I think we finish 2nd in the Central next year.

Edited by Ducky

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

They replaced Tucker Poolman (got a ridiculous contract from Dim Jim) with Nate Schmidt.

They replaced Forbort (got an even more ridiculous deal from the Bruins) with Dillon.

Their metrics will be much better next year. If Chevy manages to keep Copper, I think we finish 2nd in the Central next year.

They could end up the best Canadian team next year, but thats not saying much compared to the rest of the league.

Toronto will be the closest competition for them and I wouldn't say Toronto has gotten better, but I also don't think they really got any worse.

Montreal would be next and they could come crashing back to earth next year. They were just good enough to make the playoffs in an expanded format and got hot at the right time in them. I don't know if that happens again and it pretty much relies on if Price can play like he did in the playoffs during the season.

Edmonton is still Edmonton, and Calgary, Ottawa and Vancouver are still teams that are hovering around middle of the pact with Ottawa finishing a rebuild and the other 2 retooling again.

10 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Ya I mean I like that they are going for it

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

They could end up the best Canadian team next year, but thats not saying much compared to the rest of the league.

Toronto will be the closest competition for them and I wouldn't say Toronto has gotten better, but I also don't think they really got any worse.

Montreal would be next and they could come crashing back to earth next year. They were just good enough to make the playoffs in an expanded format and got hot at the right time in them. I don't know if that happens again and it pretty much relies on if Price can play like he did in the playoffs during the season.

Edmonton is still Edmonton, and Calgary, Ottawa and Vancouver are still teams that are hovering around middle of the pact with Ottawa finishing a rebuild and the other 2 retooling again.

I didn't mention the best in Canada?

They aren't in the Canadian division next year, they will be in the Central and I can only see the Avs finishing with more points.

Just now, Ducky said:

I didn't mention the best in Canada?

They aren't in the Canadian division next year, they will be in the Central and I can only see the Avs finishing with more points.

Sorry, it was mentioned earlier I believe about them being the best team from Canada, nothing to do with divisions.

• Like (+1) 1

Still a lot of guys out there, surprisingly enough:

Centre: Stepan, Krecji, Zajac, Bozak, Brassard, Donato, Cizikas, Anisimov, Helm, Nash

Wing: Ritchie, Saad, Palmieri, Perreault, Heinen, Ryan, Kahun, Galchenyuk, Tatar, Ennis, Virtanen, Kase

Defence: Murray, Gustafson, Benn, Gudbranson, Smith, Vatanen, Hutton, Merrill

There are a few pieces in there that might help, but I don’t see them acquiring anyone that requires them to commit to term, or “blocks” a prospect.

I also don’t see the Sabres doing anything prior to the Eichel trade; they have enough bodies and there is a small chance they may acquire someone who will need space.

But if there isn’t an NHL centre coming in from that trade, they are going to need one. Either from the list above, or, more likely, another Butcher-style trade.

• Thanks (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.