2021 Free Agent Frenzy! July 28

steveoath

8 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

svechnikov is not tendered by Detroit, maybe we could take a gamble on him ? 

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Couldnt hurt

Sure it could.  But no worse than the LAST TEN YEARS have hurt.

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

But what the hell... go for it.

hit self GIF

3 hours ago, gilbert11 said:

I disagree regarding Power.  With this crappy team, I think he’d be better off returning to Michigan for another year.  If they want, they can then bring him in after the college season.

I agree fully. I was saying I have a feeling THEY are going to have UPL and Power on the roster in the fall, not that I want that or agree with it. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I agree fully. I was saying I have a feeling THEY are going to have UPL and Power on the roster in the fall, not that I want that or agree with it. 

I believe UPL should stay in Roch and Power return to Michigan... but all that matters is what Terry wants, and I'm sure he'll want these guys in the lineup right off the bat, smh.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

“Congratulations Sabres fans, you lead the league in something: No team has more available cap space than you.”

And that's with Eichel still on the books....

With the gaping space in the cap if not willing to take back some salary in a player exchange prevents this team from making a deal then shame on this organization. 

36 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

It’s free to read 

I really like the idea of adding Stepan, actually. Especially with it being so "buy low" after his injury last season.

Can't not get this in the thread:

"So, I recognize that this article is a little depressing. None of these names are exciting, but this is a bonafide rebuild year for the Sabres. In fact, it’ll probably be this way beyond just the 2021-22 season. With that in mind, they’re almost certainly not going hunting for any of the “in demand” players on the open market (nor should they)."

The bolded bit remains tough to stomach. 

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

“Congratulations Sabres fans, you lead the league in something: No team has more available cap space than you.”

And that's with Eichel still on the books....

Which begs the question once we give Jack away for a bag of hockey pucks as we did with Sam will we even meet the cap-floor threshold? Looking on the bright aside we should be able to lock up the  1st overall pick again next year fairly early. Isn;t there new rules concerning how many times one team can have the 1st overall pick now? Thought I read that a new rule came in stopping teams from getting 1st overall pick too often in a 5 year stretch. Anybody hear of this rule?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.