Getting to know Devon Levi

Eleven

This guy is on a nice trajectory, he may turn pro sooner than I thought.

I know, one shutout does not a season make but it is a great start for your first NCAA game. I like him a lot (Canadian bias) and want to see something good come out of the Reinhart deal, even if it is years away.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

God I hope so I can't understand why Ristolainen  Has more value then sam lol

Well I haven't seen Sam in this preseason but I watched the Washington Philly game and Risto was dominant. Player of the game. He is where he always should have been , 2nd pairing D, and at the moment he appears to be thriving and Philly fans think he was a steal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Srw1525 said:

Compared to a likes of Carey Price and playing style. 

He sure does seem to be athletic enough to overcome his small stature.

Will be very interesting to watch his progress the next couple of years.  

Would be very sweet to have that Reinhart deal actually pan out.  (Way to early to say it will, but it might.)

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Shutouts are usually partially a product of the defense and partially a product of goaltending.

4 shutouts in 7 games, though, is impressive no matter what.

Didn't he have 3 shutouts at the u20 too? 

Basically his last 14 games have been on par with a prospect like Knight or Askarov

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Didn't he have 3 shutouts at the u20 too? 

Basically his last 14 games have been on par with a prospect like Knight or Askarov

And you can’t say he “got hot” because they are 2 separate segments 10 months and an injury apart.

WJC: 7GP, 3 SO, .964 S%

NCAA 7GP, 4 SO, .944 S%

He’s got 7 shutouts in his past 14 games? Who does that?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

And you can’t say he “got hot” because they are 2 separate segments 10 months and an injury apart.

NCAA 7GP, 4 SO, .944 S%

Maybe the Reinhart trade didn’t suck.  Maybe people “in the know” just recognized that Levi was becoming a very high end goalie prospect, as opposed to “a 7th round goalie”.

29 minutes ago, dudacek said:

NCAA 7GP, 4 SO, .944 S%

I literally can't list a comparable. 

22 minutes ago, Curt said:

Maybe the Reinhart trade didn’t suck.  Maybe people “in the know” just recognized that Levi was becoming a very high end goalie prospect, as opposed to “a 7th round goalie”.

A Reinhart signed to term is still significantly more valuable than a goalie prospect, years out. Even with Levi looking as promising as UPL did a couple years ago, the trade in only palatable in a “market” sense, to me. This GM and the fellow before still failed to achieve the best scenario, a signed Reinhart 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

A Reinhart signed to term is still significantly more valuable than a goalie prospect, years out. Even with Levi looking as promising as UPL did a couple years ago, the trade in only palatable in a “market” sense, to me. This GM and the fellow before still failed to achieve the best scenario, a signed Reinhart 

Levi looks 2x more promising at 19 than UPL. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Levi looks 5x more promising at 19 than UPL. 

At this point in time it looks absolutely shocking this guy fell to the 7th round. What were the scouts missing?

It’s not like he wasn’t that good and slowly turned in to this over 5 years. He was drafted literally a year ago.

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Levi looks 2x more promising at 19 than UPL. 

No he doesn’t. He’s a 7th round pick. This breakout sample size is ridiculously small 

Anyways, who’d you rather have, Reinhart to term, or Devon Levi?

As I always say, goalie prospects are nothingness until they are actually starting capably in the NHL. Their numbers are often all over the place. 

Wasn’t UPL ranked as the top goalie prospect in the world for quite a period of time? 

Edited by Thorny

22 minutes ago, Thorny said:

No he doesn’t. He’s a 7th round pick. This breakout sample size is ridiculously small 

Anyways, who’d you rather have, Reinhart to term, or Devon Levi?

As I always say, goalie prospects are nothingness until they are actually starting capably in the NHL. Their numbers are often all over the place. 

Wasn’t UPL ranked as the top goalie prospect in the world for quite a period of time? 

This is irrelevant. 

Levi in comparison to UPL is better at 19 than UPL was.

The thing is Levi's numbers aren't all over the place across 10 months and 2 entirely different teams

You are right, it is a small sample. 

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.