Getting to know Devon Levi

Eleven

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

He’s not even a top two most exciting goalie prospect in the pipeline right now.

Ready for what? How much have you been drinking?

And just when we thought you came back because you were ready for the grown-up table.

If he's ready, he's ready.  If he isn't, he isn't.

And he absolutely is more exciting than UPL or Portillo.  As steady?  No.  More exciting?  Absolutely.

Hoss, or DStebb, or whatever you want to call yourself ("Hoss?"  really?  Are you a killer cowboy?), you don't seem to be able to speak to others nicely.  Maybe take another vacation until you can?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

And just when we thought you came back because you were ready for the grown-up table.

And he absolutely is more exciting than UPL or Portillo.  As steady?  No.  More exciting?  Absolutely.

Hoss, or DStebb, or whatever you want to call yourself ("Hoss?"  really?  Are you a killer cowboy?), you don't seem to be able to speak to others nicely.  Maybe take another vacation until you can?

You do you.  If you want to be excited, whose to tell you no?

For me, it’s hard to compare UPL vs Portillo vs Levi right now.  UPL has the best “pedigree “ but his results haven’t actually been great.  Other two have really good results but limited playing time.  A full season from each will hopefully go far towards making the situation more clear.

Just now, Curt said:

For me, it’s hard to compare UPL vs Portillo vs Levi right now.  UPL has the best “pedigree “ but his results haven’t actually been great.  Other two have really good results but limited playing time.  A full season from each will hopefully go far towards making the situation more clear.

I think UPL will be like Ullmark.  A steady NHL journeyman.  Levi will be either a total bust or the second coming of Carey Price.  I like the gamble.

Portillo, well, I like the sandwiches:  https://www.portillos.com/italian-beef-8-sandwich/

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don’t blame you for saying any of this.

Poster has been nothing but a cloud of negativity. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I think UPL will be like Ullmark.  A steady NHL journeyman.  Levi will be either a total bust or the second coming of Carey Price.  I like the gamble.

Portillo, well, I like the sandwiches:  https://www.portillos.com/italian-beef-8-sandwich/

I know better than to try to project goalies.  But Levi seems like a great dude and just because he was a 7th round pick, that doesn’t mean that his value is still that of a 7th rounder today.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Curt said:

I know better than to try to project goalies.  But Levi seems like a great dude and just because he was a 7th round pick, that doesn’t mean that his value is still that of a 7th rounder today.

He was a 7th rounder because he played tier 2 Junior A. If he had played in the CHL he would have been much earlier.

It is hard to project young goalies, I think Levi makes it as at least a backup.

• Thanks (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Curt said:

I’m hoping UPL takes another step forward this year. I think this will be his second season after the hip surgeries he had?  If his training is going well, I’ll be optimistic. 

Probably 4 to 6 years away from being an NHL starter, if he gets that far in his career. I'm not being negative about him, this is just the usual timeline for goalie prospects. 

This includes 2 to 3 years at the college level,  a couple years in the AHL  as a backup and eventual starter and then some time in the NHL as a backup. 

I have seen people angry because he was a 7th round pick but that is ridiculous. He was every bit the goalie Knight was at the WJCs. His biggest problem is he hasn't had enough exposure, play on a big stage.  Kid was amazing for his Carleton Place team. To step from that level to the WJCs, beat out the other goalies who have played on the big stage and then be lights out in the tournament was huge but he needs to do it consistently at a bigger stage.  College will be a chance.  He is so cool and calm in the pipes.  Don't get fooled by size. You can play or you can't.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, postseasonblues said:

Probably 4 to 6 years away from being an NHL starter, if he gets that far in his career. I'm not being negative about him, this is just the usual timeline for goalie prospects. 

This includes 2 to 3 years at the college level,  a couple years in the AHL  as a backup and eventual starter and then some time in the NHL as a backup. 

This is likely. 

However we can hope he is only 3 years slower than Tom Barrasso and wins the Calder and Vezina at age 21 in the 2022-2023 season. 🙂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.