Getting to know Devon Levi

Eleven

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The event is in Mandela's name 

I'm trying not to point and laugh here......

There was no hesitation.  I don't think it could be as simple as faking that he knew who the guy was.  He had to have thought it was about a different person.

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The only explanation is a case of us witnessing a bit of real time Mandela Effect going on in Bernier's brain, where he legitimately believes Mandela was a hockey player lol

You mean he wasn't?

He was the greatest LW South Africa ever produced.  😉

• Haha (+1) 2

Levi is doing this in his first NCAA season. He was there last year but did not play.

Interesting comparison to Jimmy Howard’s season. Howard is 6’1” and had a pretty good career.

My hope is for Levi to become the Sabres franchise goalie but a solid backup would be nice too. It is hard to project ceilings and floors with young goalies. 
I think the Sabres need to sign him at the end of the year. He is ready for a challenge.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/19/2022 at 6:25 AM, French Collection said:

Levi is doing this in his first NCAA season. He was there last year but did not play.

Interesting comparison to Jimmy Howard’s season. Howard is 6’1” and had a pretty good career.

My hope is for Levi to become the Sabres franchise goalie but a solid backup would be nice too. It is hard to project ceilings and floors with young goalies. 
I think the Sabres need to sign him at the end of the year. He is ready for a challenge.

I agree... initially I suggested he stay in school another year, however as the year has worn on I'm comfortable signing him after his college season.

Llet him finish the year with Roch, maybe even give him a game or two with the big club.... which is often part of the negotiations.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, French Collection said:

This will be a once in a lifetime experience and another gauge of his development. I hope he is given a chance to play.

Come on this is the Sabres. The Olympics will be cancelled after 3 days. The only 2 Canadians that will test positive will be Power and Levi. They will be stuck in China for months and the combination of the illness and lack of development time will devastatingly stunt their careers.😜😂

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Marty Biron mentioned this AM on the Instigators that word around the Hockey World is that Levi is expected to turn pro after the Northeastern Season is completed 

Just coming to post this. Just in case somebody unplugged @Brawndo 😜

Marty also expects Devon to get the crease for Canada.

This excites me way more than it should.

• Like (+1) 1

Many people are arguing that Adams needs to be aggressive in bringing in another goalie to upgrade the position. (That's where I stand.) But it is more likely that the GM is going to stay the course and go with UPL as his primary goalie, and continue with his low cost and short term options as backups. If Levi is going to turn pro as many people expect, he'll end up in Rochester and be the main goalie there so he can be fast tracked to the NHL. This approach will fit in with the building from within approach and will be the cheaper approach to take. 

There was a discussion on another thread that discussed the usage of cap space. My sense is that for the near future (another year or two) from a cap standpoint this organization is going to be at or near the bottom pay scale in the league. The course of this rebuild has been set; I don't see much deviation from it. I would like to see more urgency but I wouldn't count on it. 

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.