Pick #53: Aleksander Kisakov (LW/RW)

LGR4GM

Hockey News had at #42. I think you file this under Jason Karmanos comment about the team being better at projecting players. He won't be playing in the NHL next year so he has time to add weight (muscle). They describe Kisakov as an elite offensive talent. Kane, Gaudreau, Doug Gilmour and many others gained 20+ pounds from the light draft weights. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Who has played ten years in the NHL.

I remember the players on my rec hockey team laughing at me when I suggested it was unlikely Nic Petan over here ended up as good as Tyler Ennis. 

There's no undervaluing the mystery box 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Topshelf13 said:

Hockey News had at #42. I think you file this under Jason Karmanos comment about the team being better at projecting players. He won't be playing in the NHL next year so he has time to add weight (muscle). They describe Kisakov as an elite offensive talent. Kane, Gaudreau, Doug Gilmour and many others gained 20+ pounds from the light draft weights. 

Poltopov and Kisakov are the types of picks that turn into Kiprisovs and Kucherovs.

Note, I did not say they will. More often they turn into guys you never hear about again.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, dudacek said:

Prokopov, Kisakov and Rosen are the types of picks that turn into Kiprisovs and Kucherovs.

Note, I did not say they will.

Maybe the plan is to draft enough that one rises to the cream of the crop, like Botterill's strategy re: acquiring middle 6 wingers 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Maybe the plan is to draft enough that one rises to the cream of the crop, like Botterill's strategy re: acquiring middle 6 wingers 

I'll say that everyone they have drafted is high skill but also high risk. It is almost like they said "ok who is a good motor and high skill guy that is scoring points but is undersized/understrength" and then they went and drafted them.

Just now, dudacek said:

Poltapov (I’ll get his name right eventually) in particular seems to have that “I don’t give ***** how small you think I am, get out of my way” vibe.

I think I’m going to like him.

Peterka and Poltapov are going to get along. 

Aside from the first pick the trend seems to be undersized skill guys. We are doomed. This team needs some grit and truculence as well Karen er Kevin. Other teams seek it and find skilled guys with grit and tenacity and a fair amount of size. Average size for the league would be nice. Anyhoo carry on.

Just now, bunomatic said:

Aside from the first pick the trend seems to be undersized skill guys. We are doomed. This team needs some grit and truculence as well Karen er Kevin. Other teams seek it and find skilled guys with grit and tenacity and a fair amount of size. Average size for the league would be nice. Anyhoo carry on.

Oh idk Paltapov and Rosen def have grit.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

They’re gritty guys with lower leverage. Nothing wrong

1 minute ago, triumph_communes said:

They’re gritty guys with lower leverage. Nothing wrong

I know a few fellas with grit and what i’ll call the little chip but even myself who is only 6 feet and a buck 75 can absolutely throw them around. Imagine them coming up against the Tampas of the league. We’ll see in about 2,3 or 4 years if Kevins dream team can handle the rough going. I’m hopefull he puts it all together but for now I haven’t got much hope. This team beats me down.

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh idk Paltapov and Rosen def have grit.

Yes. These guys are no Alex Nylanders.

Rosen is always moving and sticking his nose in. Poltapov seems to approach the game like Forsberg. Will they grow enough to play that way in the NHL? That’s the question.

I don’t think size is an issue with Power.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Yes. These guys are no Alex Nylanders.

Rosen is always moving and sticking his nose in. Poltapov seems to approach the game like Forsberg. Will they grow enough to play that way in the NHL? That’s the question.

I don’t think size is an issue with Power.

I don't worry about weight as much. A couple years with a strength training program you'll add 20lbs no problem. 

3 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

I know a few fellas with grit and what i’ll call the little chip but even myself who is only 6 feet and a buck 75 can absolutely throw them around. Imagine them coming up against the Tampas of the league. We’ll see in about 2,3 or 4 years if Kevins dream team can handle the rough going. I’m hopefull he puts it all together but for now I haven’t got much hope. This team beats me down.

They’re usually still fine up until they get that one bad concussion and it takes all the spunk out of them. Similar to Ennis

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.