Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

42 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I know I know, Sam is gone who cares what he's doing down in FLA... 

BUT as a critic of his I feel a regular update on his performance is warranted 😎

His last 10 games (FLA has scored 37 goals over that time): 

1g, 3a, -2, 15 sog

For the season he's accrued a TRPM of -5... tied for second worst on FLA.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

No Way Reaction GIF

• Haha (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I know I know, Sam is gone who cares what he's doing down in FLA... 

BUT as a critic of his I feel a regular update on his performance is warranted 😎

His last 10 games (FLA has scored 37 goals over that time): 

1g, 3a, -2, 15 sog

For the season he's accrued a TRPM of -5... tied for second worst on FLA.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

Always gets hot towards the end anyways why are  People continuing to hate on X players when they did nothing wrong 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Not sure about first round, most goalies are later picks.

True, but this is a redraft.

So little is known about 17 or 18 goalies, so it's hard to blow a first rounder on them.

Now that Levi is 20, and is looking like the best goalie in the NCAA... the body of evidence is much better.

10 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Where does Levi go today in a 2020 redraft? He has to be first round, no? How high?

There hasn't been a goalie below 6'2 taken in the first round since Briere was a Sabre, and even then there wasn't a goalie under that height selected that year, I just got tired of looking. 

No chance he goes first round. 

It's probably too soon to state he would be a first rounder if a re-draft were held today.  I'm not sure the height thing would factor in too much though.  In a re-draft, which is not an actual thing, you're just re-ordering the players based on how good they are now.  Juuse Saros is 5'11" and he definitely goes in round 1 in a re-draft of 2013.

9 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

It's probably too soon to state he would be a first rounder if a re-draft were held today.  I'm not sure the height thing would factor in too much though.  In a re-draft, which is not an actual thing, you're just re-ordering the players based on how good they are now.  Juuse Saros is 5'11" and he definitely goes in round 1 in a re-draft of 2013.

While I generally agree with your thought process here on re-drafts, goalies very rarely go in the first round and many that do actually shouldn't.

Levi is developing nicely, especially for a 7th rounder.  He looks like he will play in the NHL and likely be pretty good, but I don't think he would be in the first round of a re-draft.  Not sure where he would be, but he may be a high second round pick ... 40th overall, or so.

Edited by The Ghost of Doohickie
more goodly ...

43 minutes ago, Thorny said:

There hasn't been a goalie below 6'2 taken in the first round since Briere was a Sabre, and even then there wasn't a goalie under that height selected that year, I just got tired of looking. 

No chance he goes first round. 

But there has never been an NHL re-Draft in which a sub-6’2” goalie was not taken in the first round.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

But it's a redraft!

Right, but his good stats didn't get him drafted high the first time, right? Prospect stats for goalies don't carry the projection weight that they do for other players - it's why Levi has fantastic numbers yet still finds himself at the bottom of our top 10 prospect list according to Kris Baker. It remains to be seen if, at his size, he can fend off NHL shots and that's on top of the usual goalie development caveats. 

6'0 is small for an NHL goalie - I don't see a team going there in the first round personally 

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

But there has never been an NHL re-Draft in which a sub-6’2” goalie was not taken in the first round.

On the other hand, this is compelling 

16 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I find Re-draft discussions are about as useful as on pace discussions 😂

I brought it up to raise morale for the people that are still down about the Reinhart trade.

I should have known better though...

Once people have their minds made up about a trade they don't like, they'd rather see the trade go bad and be right, then be wrong and have the trade look good.

Just now, JoeSchmoe said:

I brought it up to raise morale for the people that are still down about the Reinhart trade.

Once people have their minds made up about a trade they don't like, they'd rather see the trade go bad and be right, then be wrong and have the trade look good.

I think it was a massive mistake to let Reinhart leave Buffalo. Just as much as I thought it was a massive mistake to trade ROR.  But if there’s one thing I’m not… Is “down” about it. I think the last player to leave Buffalo I was truly “down” about … was Drury.  And that lasted a few months. Then I moved on. Hey I’m not stopping anybody from wanting to reevaluate, redraft, rethink things. Go for it.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Like I said in the Tuch thread:  Be patient, let it play out.

Reino was my favorite Sabre and the only current Sabre jersey I had.  I've accepted that he's gone and we have to look forward.  You don't have to sell it.  Just let it play out.

12 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I think it was a massive mistake to let Reinhart leave Buffalo. Just as much as I thought it was a massive mistake to trade ROR.  But if there’s one thing I’m not… Is “down” about it. I think the last player to leave Buffalo I was truly “down” about … was Drury.  And that lasted a few months. Then I moved on. Hey I’m not stopping anybody from wanting to reevaluate, redraft, rethink things. Go for it.

Tage has more points and more than twice as many goals as Samson... and a better face-off win percentage that Samson ever had at any point in his career in Buffalo..... (and a better TRPM 😎).    And he's doing all this while playing center, a position Reinhart consistently struggled at.

Edited by pi2000

Just now, The Ghost of Yuri said:

He was never asked to play center consistently until Granato gave it to him, and he played at center pretty damned well.

...his career sub 40% face-off win percentage and -28 last season would disagree

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.