Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

16 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Pagnotta says there's no concern between the Panthers and Samson's agent about getting a long-term deal done. Samson is "absolutely pumped." https://www.thefourthperiod.com/pagnotta/busy-draft-could-lead-to-busy-week#.YP2zigjAMTo.twitter

Should have gotten way more then...   

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

I would get a hardy chuckle if they give him 9 mil per year. 

Would have offered him 7x7 myself though.   But I think the samson deal might hinder them long term capwise.   Well the bobrovsky deal already did that I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 7+6=13 said:

What's appalling is, Florida traded a nice goalie prospect and their 1st round pick for a player that isn't going to sign there.

From that, you and others will understand why we couldn't get more.

You probably haven’t seen Sams comments then about an extension.. 

Like an agent is gonna publicly say the exact opposite after his client was just traded 😂

“Sam is aggravated he was traded to the Panthers. He’ll make the best of it and see how he feels next spring” 

His agent saying what he said, to me … is nothing new. Hundreds of agents have pretty much said this before him.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

You probably haven’t seen Sams comments then about an extension.. 

Actually, all the quotes I've seen have been about Sam signing a contract.  I haven't seen him say anything about term.  That seems to be inferred by the Panther peeps.

Remember he's an unsigned RFA at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You could play Eakin on the wing like was being said, and still keep Girgs there:

Asplund - Mitts - Tage

Olofsson - Cozens - Bjork

Skinner - Ruotsainen - Okposo

Eakin - Girgensons - Fogartyorwhoever

I'd rather re-sign Sheahan and let Eaks ride the pine.

I prefer Sheahan 123% over Eakin.  Sheahan is not great, but consistent and dependable and can even play a line or two up.  Eakin is just not very good.

EDIT:  I looked at some stats and you're basically right:  They're not all that different.  Sheahan is a bit better, but not much.  However when I watch them play I cringe a lot more at the stuff Eakin does.

2nd EDIT:  Considering we have to sign Sheahan to a roster spot, having only one of those two is probably enough.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Thorny said:

Agree on all the Reinhart stuff for sure. 

Don't like the term "fast rebuild". The veterans Murray sought to acquire may have been incorrectly identified, or acquired at the wrong time, but IMO he was addressing a component that needs to be there in any rebuild with a fighting chance - the capable vet insulation of the youth. I don't think those pieces make it "fast", I think they are necessary. 

My problem with Murray’s rebuild is that I though he gave up too much, and did nit simultaneously build Rochester with a pipeline of players for the future.  We have already debated this. 

I agree with the need for capable vet infusion, and they to be the right vets.  Absolutely.  

If Reino were going to sign an extension with a trade partner, Florida checks a lot of boxes.  A franchise center in Barkov plus another star forward in Hubie, a strong #1 defenseman in Ekblad, good goaltending, credible coaching in Q, playoff team that had a very good season last year and seems to be on the rise and Florida weather, low taxes and low pressure.  I can see him deciding to stay if they make him a good offer.  

12 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Even if Sam doesn't want to be in Florida long term, is there a better short term gig? Beaches and sunshine, good hockey team, 1 year until he goes where he wants

and no state income tax.  

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

You could play Eakin on the wing like was being said, and still keep Girgs there:

Asplund - Mitts - Tage

You could also play Eakin on Jupiter and run Daniel Briere's corpse onto the ice instead.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Thorny said:

Asplund - Mitts - Tage

If they can avoid playing Girgensons at C they should not play him there IMHO.  It's been years since he played it regularly and he's a better W at this point.

Would really like to see them find a reliable C for Z & Okposo because those 2 will be facing a lot of top lines if they don't want to give the kids PTSD after 82.

44 minutes ago, Taro T said:

If they can avoid playing Girgensons at C they should not play him there IMHO.  It's been years since he played it regularly and he's a better W at this point.

Would really like to see them find a reliable C for Z & Okposo because those 2 will be facing a lot of top lines if they don't want to give the kids PTSD after 82.

I'd pair Okposo with Mitts

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd pair Okposo with Mitts

Wouldn't hate that & it gets Mittelstadt away from Thompson.

But, afraid that if there isn't a true attempt at recreating a Larsson line (and Okposo & Girgensons almost definitely need to be 2 pieces of one) to take the toughest minutes that the Mittelstadt line & especially the Cozens line will get exposed badly.  Whether Cozens has Skinner & Olofsson or one of those with Tage, Bjork, or Ruotsalainen on the other wing that line should be decent in the offensive zone but don't know how often they'll actually get there as that could be really bad in its own end.

Know Adams won't, but really would like to see him reconsider punting Eichel.

11 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I prefer Sheahan 123% over Eakin.  Sheahan is not great, but consistent and dependable and can even play a line or two up.  Eakin is just not very good.

EDIT:  I looked at some stats and you're basically right:  They're not all that different.  Sheahan is a bit better, but not much.  However when I watch them play I cringe a lot more at the stuff Eakin does.

2nd EDIT:  Considering we have to sign Sheahan to a roster spot, having only one of those two is probably enough.

Watching eakin was just brutal.  He does nothing well.  He's the forward version of irwin.  Doesn't pass well, cant skate, and for a "defensive forward" he's constantly out of position or making mistakes.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

Watching eakin was just brutal.  He does nothing well.  He's the forward version of irwin.  Doesn't pass well, cant skate, and for a "defensive forward" he's constantly out of position or making mistakes.  

Yes.  I was surprised his stat line was not *much* worse than Sheahan's.  I suspect Sheahan's minutes were tougher... but he was still a little better than Eaks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.