Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

34 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Ok.  Maybe not a 1 this year but my point is more on not focusing on the 7th round aspect given his play in the under 20.  The NHL draft is difficult because they draft  18 year olds and a lot of changes happen, or don’t happen in the next 3-4 years.  Levi is trending in the right direction right now.  

I would love to see all three of our prospects develop and give us a surplus at a critical position.  I like that Adams brought in a goalie, now he needs to address NHL goaltending for this season and not make it a miserable year. 

I am concerned about center.  That is why I would be in no hurry to trade Eichel.  Without him we are dead up the middle.  He is on contract so an Eichel trade must return a 1C and provide other long term benefits to the Sabres.  

What does it matter? This team isn't doing anything for the next couple years anyway, keeping Eichel does nothing to help except probably makes him more miserable that Risto and Sam are gone and he is stuck in Buffalo on another losing team. They won't be getting a player that can be dropped in to replace him, good teams are looking to improve their roster, not tread water. they might get someone close to being NHL ready, but its not going to help the C position unless that player comes out and has a huge breakout year. With Risto and Sam being traded, its just a matter of time (most likely soon) that Jack is traded too. You can't trade both of them and turn around to keep Jack without him being disgruntled and angrier at the team. Trying to forsce him to play this year would most likely push him over the edge of sitting out until he's moved.

5 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

So you mean the U-20 World Hockey Championships.

Usually just called 'The World Juniors', happens every year the day after Christmas.......

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Usually just called 'The World Juniors', happens every year the day after Christmas.......

Yeah... I'm Canadian and have watched it ever since I can remember (30+ years). I thought I'd give it the official terminology though to someone that said he never played the in "the Worlds or the Juniors".

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

So you mean the U-20 World Hockey Championships.

That's well known as the World Juniors

12 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Yeah... I'm Canadian and have watched it ever since I can remember (30+ years). I thought I'd give it the official terminology though to someone that said he never played the in "the Worlds or the Juniors".

He didn't. The World Juniors is not the same as the Worlds or Juniors.

Which I get the impression you know. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

That's well known as the World Juniors

He didn't. The World Juniors is not the same as the Worlds or Juniors.

Which I get the impression you know. 

Agreed, but "The Juniors" is most definitely the U-20 championships. And who calls it the "Classic" unless they're referring to the outdoor game.

22 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

yeah, I have never heard it reference as the 'World Junior Classic', Its usually just 'The World Juniors', And its pretty much the Only thing Canadians care about and watch right when Christmas is done.

The 'Classic' is usually used for the Outdoor game played in the US on New Years day...

3 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Agreed, but "The Juniors" is most definitely the U-20 championships. And who calls it the "Classic" unless they're referring to the outdoor game.

I was giving the full name because my post was intended as a clarification and wanted to provide the clearest context for those less familiar with the international tournament setup.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

That could be possible maybe 25g -30g but this team is going to be bad 

If Reino and Eichel aren't playing big minutes, someone else will fill the void.  I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have a 30 goal scorer but we have five or six 20 goal scorers.

27 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

If Reino and Eichel aren't playing big minutes, someone else will fill the void.  I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have a 30 goal scorer but we have five or six 20 goal scorers.

Six 20 goal scorers?  Did you just get your hopium booster shot this morning?  I’d be happy if they could get 6 15 goal scorers.  Maybe there is roster player(s) coming back in the Jack deal, but if futures not sure.  #loweredexpectations.

6 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Yeh if Sabres dont get huge return for Jack... gotta say they will be unwatchable 

Come on. They were unwatchable WITH Jack (and Sam and Rsito). They looked (finally) a little watchable end of the year with Granato. In that case with Sam and Risto but no Jack. Don't think it'll be much different.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Skinner.  This past season Granato concentrated on developing the youth.  This season I think he will work on integrating the youth and the veterans.  I bet he plays on Cozens' wing and pots a few dozen for Cozens.

It's sad but likely true that Skinner will be the most exciting forward on the team once Jack is traded.

9 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Come on. They were unwatchable WITH Jack (and Sam and Rsito). They looked (finally) a little watchable end of the year with Granato. In that case with Sam and Risto but no Jack. Don't think it'll be much different.

I think we will miss Risto and it will show in games this season vs.  last 1/3 of last season.  No Jack so that variable is eliminated.  Although Sam will definitely be missed as well.

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Thats very Optimistic  seeing how tampa, Avalanche are the only ones doing that at this moment .and we haven't had that since 2005 

10 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

What does it matter? This team isn't doing anything for the next couple years anyway, keeping Eichel does nothing to help except probably makes him more miserable that Risto and Sam are gone and he is stuck in Buffalo on another losing team. They won't be getting a player that can be dropped in to replace him, good teams are looking to improve their roster, not tread water. they might get someone close to being NHL ready, but its not going to help the C position unless that player comes out and has a huge breakout year. With Risto and Sam being traded, its just a matter of time (most likely soon) that Jack is traded too. You can't trade both of them and turn around to keep Jack without him being disgruntled and angrier at the team. Trying to forsce him to play this year would most likely push him over the edge of sitting out until he's moved.

It matters because we have nothing at center and we are going to killed, further hurting the morale and development of the young players.  I’m sick of losing. 

We definitely can get a 1C back, at least a solid 1C prospect that is near ready for NHL ice.  Remember the Briere trade? It’s time for KA to make a hockey trade.  

Time to end the defeatist attitude of this franchise and start trying to compete and win.  

And if Jack has a bad attitude, which I don’t think he will, he is hurting himself   He needs to take a page from Reinhart, which is to shut up and play hard until the deal is done. 

I really would not trade him until I had a trade I that I felt great about.    But I’m no GM, I only play an old and crusty one on the internet.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Weave said:

I think we will miss Risto and it will show in games this season vs.  last 1/3 of last season.  No Jack so that variable is eliminated.  Although Sam will definitely be missed as well.

Oh I agree entirely. I think he will flourish in Philly and fans will love him. Wouldn't be surprised if he signs long term there and ends up playing solid second pairing minutes. Not sure who he will partner with. Sanheim I guess. Provorov and Ellis as the top pairing. Their D is no longer the joke it was this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

#loweredexpectations.

Never!  😛

28 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Thats very Optimistic  seeing how tampa, Avalanche are the only ones doing that at this moment .and we haven't had that since 2005

2007 actually.  Look it up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.