Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

48 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I misremembered that he was, because of the other thread.  I guess not!

So we have no goalies signed for the season except Tokarski and UPL, both of whom belong in Rochester.  

I do like KA addressing goalie but Levi is years away.  We need to shore up the net to help the kids on the current roster.  The losing has to stop in order to change the culture, as much as we have to change the culture to stop the losing.  

We need to bring in some real NHL hockey players to get us through the season. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 5

This boils down to: this had to be the absolute floor of what you get for Reinhart and you took it months before you needed to. Worse players get flipped for more at the deadline. Woof. Kevyn Adams is a kids hockey coach turned into a GM with no experience. This is the price you pay for being cheap in your hiring process.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

So we have no goalies signed for the season except Tokarski and UPL, both of whom belong in Rochester.  

I do like KA addressing goalie but Levi is years away.  We need to shore up the net to help the kids.  The losing has to stop in order to change the culture, as much as we have to change the culture to stop the losing.  

We need to bring in some real NHL hockey players to get us through the season. 

I think the goal is when the prospects come together, you have a solution in net. 

• Like (+1) 4

The problem is and still remains is the Pegula’s need to hire experienced hockey people to fix the organization. He got lucky with the football team but even Terry and Kim still haven’t learned. It’s not like they aren’t willing to spend money on players but you have inexperienced GM’s making really bad hockey decisions and bad contracts!

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

I think the goal is when the prospects come together, you have a solution in net. 

And I say sign Ullmark and another NHL goalie to form a 1A/1B arrangement and this will help the prospects come together and allow us to actually win a few games along the way.    Winning breeds winning.   

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

And I say sign Ullmark and another NHL goalie to form a 1A/1B arrangement and this will help the prospects come together and allow us to actually win a few games along the way.    Winning breeds winning.   

Oh I def think they need 2 goalies for this year. I think they're not just content to push all the chips into UPL for the future, and wanted a goalie prospect that they liked. 

Hence picking like 11 wings.  They aren't all going to work out.

Edited by Drag0nDan
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Hoss said:

This boils down to: this had to be the absolute floor of what you get for Reinhart and you took it months before you needed to. Worse players get flipped for more at the deadline. Woof. Kevyn Adams is a kids hockey coach turned into a GM with no experience. This is the price you pay for being cheap in your hiring process.

Is this trade return a hint of how much the braintrust didn't want Reinhart around for any of the rebuild?

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

The problem is and still remains is the Pegula’s need to hire experienced hockey people to fix the organization. He got lucky with the football team but even Terry and Kim still haven’t learned. It’s not like they aren’t willing to spend money on players but you have inexperienced GM’s making really bad hockey decisions and bad contracts!

While I see and can agree with a lot of what you are saying it seems to me a lot of fans (not saying it's you from your post) are just fed up with the last 10 years of ineptitude.  A whole bunch of us thought EGMTM might have been the answer but he a a crazy shotgun approach to GM'ing.  Both he and JBot brought in some bad coaches and the whole thing just was a mess.  It's the reason the "Big 3" wanted out and I don't blame them for that.

I'm sure that the Pegula's "meddled" in things.  I also believe they let the GMs and HCs do their thing too.  It just turned out about as bad as you could imagine.  The one thing is they own the team, I don't want it sold to a owner who could move the team so I got no other avenue but to rationally look at the current General Manager and Head Coach and give them some time.

I just said this to the brothers and nephews today and I really don't know what else to say.  FWIW.

3 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

While I see and can agree with a lot of what you are saying it seems to me a lot of fans (not saying it's you from your post) are just fed up with the last 10 years of ineptitude.  A whole bunch of us thought EGMTM might have been the answer but he a a crazy shotgun approach to GM'ing.  Both he and JBot brought in some bad coaches and the whole thing just was a mess.  It's the reason the "Big 3" wanted out and I don't blame them for that.

I'm sure that the Pegula's "meddled" in things.  I also believe they let the GMs and HCs do their thing too.  It just turned out about as bad as you could imagine.  The one thing is they own the team, I don't want it sold to a owner who could move the team so I got no other avenue but to rationally look at the current General Manager and Head Coach and give them some time.

I just said this to the brothers and nephews today and I really don't know what else to say.  FWIW.

Honestly don’t care if the team moves.  It’s a joke.  They staff it full of their friends and sell hope to the fans but aren’t willing to make the hard decisions needed to actually become successful.  Hope is not a plan.  Good riddance.

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Is this trade return a hint of how much the braintrust didn't want Reinhart around for any of the rebuild?

I don't think so.  To me it seems that it's what the NHL Gm's think Sam was worth on a probable one year rental.  But that's just me.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Cascade Youth said:

Honestly don’t care if the team moves.  It’s a joke.  They staff it full of their friends and sell hope to the fans but aren’t willing to make the hard decisions needed to actually become successful.  Hope is not a plan.  Good riddance.

It's cool if that's your opinion.  I was a fan of this team since we all waited to see who the Sabres would draft with their first 1st round pick.

I got a lot of years invested in the team and I guess I still want to see them in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

So why did this trade take nearly 24 hours to complete? It’s a standard top 10 protected pick…

Maybe the league was stepping in begging Buffalo not to make another awful trade involving a reliable two way forward.

I bet that it was GMKA putting this trade out to the other teams in the league asking if they can beat it.

14 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Sam's character on full display today.

"I don't know why I didn't get a long term deal."

But if we trust Adams isn't lying....Sam was never staying beyond this season.  

This organization is a disaster. 

But let's stop avoiding calling out some of these players for what they are and what they failed to do here. 

As I said before, for having ROR Jack Sam and Risto.....and not sniff the playoffs, it's got to get blown up, the culture you can't measure with a computer in that room was atrocious.  

Sam and to a much larger extent Jack failed the team and the city.  They should grow the heck up and own it on their way out of town.  The organization may deserve their scorn if it makes them feel better but the fans don't deserve to hear anything other then "yea we failed 3 GMs and 4 coaches....we needed to do more and we let them down."

Bye.  So looking forward to this reset.  

Edited by Second Line Center
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Sam's character on full display today.

"I don't know why I didn't get a long term deal."

But if we trust Adams isn't lying....Sam was never staying beyond this season.  

This organization is a disaster. 

But let's stop avoiding calling out some of these players for what they are and what they failed to do here. 

As I said before, for having ROR Jack Sam and Risto.....and not sniff the playoffs, it's got to get blown up, the culture you can't measure with a computer in that room was atrocious.  

Sam and to a much larger extent Jack failed the team and the city.  They should grow the heck up and own it on their way out of town.  The organization may deserve their scorn if it makes them feel better but the fans don't deserve to hear anything other then "yea we failed 3 GMs and 4 coaches....we needed to do more and we let them down."

Bye.  So looking forward to this reset.  

I wouldn't go to Sam having bad character as my first guess. 

Most likely he was open to a long term deal while he was negotiating with Adams one year ago, in good faith. The idea that he said "no", now, also seems likely. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

Buh bye then. Buh bye.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Do forget Evander Kane too.  It just didn't work.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Woof. Kevyn Adams is a kids hockey coach turned into a GM with no experience. This is the price you pay for being cheap in your hiring process.

Pegula's reaction after lackluster hires was to stop trusting anyone outside their organization for the GM role and promote from within.  That tells the story about the situation and now it's prompted multiple players to want out.  

KA didn't create this problem...but I don't see him fixing it.  Sending players out the door is easy compared to the scouting, player development, and coaching required to build a roster and system.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.