Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

2 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

No improvement as of yet. Not surprising. This organization sucks major donkey balls. I'm pretty much done for the next few years. This is pitiful.

This board overreacts so much - I can only guess it would blow up if we got a 2nd and a 4th liner like the Rags got for Buchevich.  Trade does look light - yes - but it's time to change the culture.  We need leaders like Josh Allen not douches like Masshole jack and Smiley Sam.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Sam wants to be close to home. He is UFA in a year. Why sign long term in Florida if it’s farther away from where you want to be? 
Mark my words. Sam will have a mediocre year in Florida. He’s not as good as many think he is. He’s not a winner. He’s a me first guy. His stats were good cuz he got lots of ice and played with not care in the world. Pad the personal stats on a losing team.

I could care less that he’s gone. Paying him $6 or $7 would be a waste. He’s gone. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just not enough. This was the second best player on our team. Disappointing. Maybe the RFA trade market was bad for the Sabres, but there was no reason for Adams to make this trade right now. Easily could have waited and tried to get more.

I would have been happy with Risto for this return.

I would have accepted Sam for the Risto return.

Im too old to have favourite players, but Sam is someone I enjoyed watching and appreciated his professionalism on the ice. I’m going to miss him.

It sounds like it was a conditional 1st, the league didn’t like the conditions and maybe the Panthers just removed the conditions and the additional pick to let iT go through?

Just now, NAF said:

Just not enough. This was the second best player on our team. Disappointing. Maybe the RFA trade market was bad for the Sabres, but there was no reason for Adams to make this trade right now. Easily could have waited and tried to get more.

How do we know this…

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

Is it a low return? Yes.

This is the only theory I have at this point.

Sam told Adams he would not sign a long term deal with the Sabres, once he is unrestriced he wants to play back home (Vancouver)

Sam got the word out through is agent to ALL other teams he wants to sign with Vancouver after this year when he is unrestricted.

Therefore, everyone (all other teams), pretty much knew he was going to be a 1 year rental, with only a SLIGHT chance of re-signing him to a longer term deal.  So, when trading Sam, you were only going to get the return of a rental.

I think this is where it came too. His contract was what brought his value down. That it came to this is water under the dam now. First rounder and prospect is,in my mind, given the circumstances ok. In a perfect world I didn't want to trade Jack or Rhino.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, zevo said:

So isn’t next years draft and the following year supposedly epic drafts…the tank is on…and I’m fine with it…it’s actually been way more exciting in the tank years than the ones that followed…giddy up 

I don't want to see the Sabres lose a ton of games, BUT, I'd be OK with it if we get to see some young guys who are still learning, but are getting better as the season goes along.

Personally for me, a 75 point team that is full of fast young guys that you have hope will be better in the future is MORE fun to watch than a team full of veteran 30+ year olds that struggle to get 90-92 points either miss the playoffs at the end of the season or get run out in 4 straight games in the first round.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Friedman :Montreal and buffalo talked all day yesterday

Wonder if that Jack Eichel trade rumor comes true

I am really excited to trade eichel for their 8th best prospect, a first in 2027, and some hopes and sparkles. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

What's the point of cheering or even paying attention to this team? They are a bottom feeder because they are dumb and continue to show themselves as dumb.

a goalie prospect who barely played last year and a 1st that will be in the 20s for a 35g 60pt player is total trash.

I don't disagree with you.  I've already started paying more attention to Minnesota.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.