Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

9 minutes ago, Curt said:

We don’t even know what the trade is yet.  How can someone tell you if it’s O’Reilly level or not?!?!?

This thread is completely out of control.  Everyone just wait until we know all of the trade before getting all crazy.

Ok - I should have put more along the lines of if this trade blah blah blah.... 🙄

Edited by GoPre

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

A “pressing need” at the position isn’t going to be filled by a guy who is years away. Levi’s acquisition has nothing to do with the current state of the goalie position.

The more I think about it the more Levi, a 1st (as long as the conditions are incredibly easy to achieve) and another GOOD piece is good value for Samson.

The addition of Levi makes our pipeline significantly stronger.

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Levi isn't even on there

You saw the Juniors last year though, right? 

• Haha (+1) 1

I truly hope it is far better or more then a goalie prospect and a late 1st (Florida was very good without Sam and will be even better with him). I guess I am one of those rare followers that actually liked Risto and Sam very much and  was not all geddy about trading either. I also hoped that we'd keep jack too and have a pretty good team next year. Now we have to trade jack as keeping him would be rather silly as he'd have no one to play with (I know we still have Skinner). Boy sure gonna be a long year next season. I can hardly wait haha...

1 minute ago, I-90 W said:

You saw the Juniors last year though, right? 

I looked up his stats, seemed like he played well. I would expect Reinhart to fetch one of their best prospects though. Spencer Knight is a better prospect and they have Bobrovsky signed for years. How are we not getting Knight in this? 

Just now, WildCard said:

I looked up his stats, seemed like he played well. I would expect Reinhart to fetch one of their best prospects though. Spencer Knight is a better prospect and they have Bobrovsky signed for years. How are we not getting Knight in this? 

Buffalo is reportedly getting goalie Devon Levi and next year’s first round pick in return.I thought they both looked really good, though Knight’s team did win the gold. Levi was no slouch in that tournament though.

You wouldn’t get Spencer Knight or Anton Lundell for Samson Reinhart even if he was on a five year team-friendly deal, let alone an RFA. Putting either of those two in the discussion is insanity.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hoss said:

You wouldn’t get Spencer Knight or Anton Lundell for Samson Reinhart even if he was on a five year team-friendly deal, let alone an RFA. Putting either of those two in the discussion is insanity.

What is the point of having Knight for them with Bobrovsky? Reinhart and Knight being the main pieces I'm sure something could have worked out there.

5 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

That’s a stretch. He was good in a small sample size after being a 7th rounder.

This is reminding me of when we were told Hudson Fasching was worth two seconds+ despite being a 4th rounder the previous year.

Just now, WildCard said:

What is the point of having Knight for them with Bobrovsky? Reinhart and Knight being the main pieces I'm sure something could have worked out there.

Knight will likely be their starter with Bob backing up within the next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

That’s a stretch. He was good in a small sample size after being a 7th rounder.

This is reminding me of when we were told Hudson Fasching was worth two seconds+ despite being a 4th rounder the previous year.

Knight will likely be their starter with Bob backing up within the next year.

A 7th rounder with one good tournament. And that 1st rounder isn't even sniffing the top 20. The 3rd piece here has to be something good.

• Like (+1) 1

A 7th rounder with one good tournament. And that 1st rounder isn't even sniffing the top 20. The 3rd piece here has to be something good.

Indeed. It’s not Knight or Lundell. It wouldn’t have been them even if it were one-for-one.

I’m afraid that third piece is going to be garbage like Accari or another vet throw in.

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Indeed. It’s not Knight or Lundell. It wouldn’t have been them even if it were one-for-one.

I’m afraid that third piece is going to be garbage like Accari or another vet throw in.

Truth. 

We're going to get someone KA says "plays the game the Sabre way."

I'm disappointed - but with Reinhart's RFA status maybe we should have been prepared for this. Look at the return for Buchnevich. He's the same age as SR, RFA status, and had a solid year on the stat sheet - and he fetched a middle 6 FWD and a 2nd.

Just now, slugspirit said:

Truth. 

We're going to get someone KA says "plays the game the Sabre way."

I'm disappointed - but with Reinhart's RFA status maybe we should have been prepared for this. Look at the return for Buchnevich. He's the same age as SR, RFA status, and had a solid year on the stat sheet - and he fetched a middle 6 FWD and a 2nd.

that's not really a good thing

• Like (+1) 2

Is it possible the wait is because of a pending extension for Sam? The return would be much more in that case.

Florida is a long way from Vancouver but the taxes are much lower.

I am sad to lose Sam but I realize the business side of it all. Good luck.

I do like Levi if he is part of the package. He was MVP for a Junior A league (CCHL) playing for Carleton Place. His GAA was below 2. It is not the OHL but many players there go on to the NCAA.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Is it possible the wait is because of a pending extension for Sam? The return would be much more in that case.

I do like Levi if he is part of the package. He was MVP for a Junior A league (CCHL) playing for Carleton Place. His GAA was below 2. It is not the OHL but many players there go on to the NCAA.

I do wonder if he would sign an extension there. It's about as far away as you can possibly get from Vancouver. If it's not a sign and trade I'd feel a lot better about this haul; I'd still wonder if could have gotten a better deal with a sign and trade elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, French Collection said:

That’s what I was thinking, maybe they are working out a contract 

15 minutes ago, Radar said:

One problem is Rhino value is lowered significantly I think by his contract status. We may be paying for not having signed him to a long term contract before.

This is exactly it and what I was about to post. I’m glad people understand that there’s a huge difference between the value of Sam and the value of Sam on his current contract.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

So it sounds pretty likely the deal is G Devon Levi, F Aleksi Heponiemi and a 2022 conditional 1st.

That’s not a good return for the player Samson is, especially in division. Feels like Adams and Co rushed the hell out of this deal thinking they HAD to trade one of Samson or Jack before the end of draft night.

Heponiemi is the most exciting part of this. The conditions on the Florida deal better be as simple as him playing for them period. If it’s lottery protected I’ll give it an eye roll because then you traded one of your best players for zero piece that “hurt.” Heponiemi should be in the lineup next season but I don’t know a ton about him other than nobody seems excited about him.

That is the strongest internet rumor so far. ***** unreal. No Lundell, Tippett, or Denisenko.

I wonder if the reason it went quiet is that the pieces are agreed to but only if Sam sings an extension. 

I am really apprehensive about this trade. I don't believe Anton Lundell would be involved but maybe Owen Tippett? I just fear they move Sam for minimal value. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

This is exactly it and what I was about to post. I’m glad people understand that there’s a huge difference between the value of Sam and the value of Sam on his current contract.

Well, what did Seth Jones just get?

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I wonder if the reason it went quiet is that the pieces are agreed to but only if Sam sings an extension. 

I am really apprehensive about this trade. I don't believe Anton Lundell would be involved but maybe Owen Tippett? I just fear they move Sam for minimal value. 

The other side of this coin is that is what other teams are offering.

Well, what did Seth Jones just get?

Are you talking about the guy that agreed to an eight year extension?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.