Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

Chad confirms that Lundell is not in this trade. Brace yourselves

Just now, Crosschecking said:

I understand your concern. ATST, let's not forget that Victor Olofsson was a 7th round pick.

True, I wouldn't write him off, but he hasn't become the Cinderella story yet, and the trade needs to reflect that.

1 minute ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

So at the moment we think we know it's Levi and a conditional first which probably means it's lottery protected and defers to 2023 if they make the lottery in 2022.

I'd bet that Sam is more likely to win the Conn Smythe than the pick goes into the lottery. 

Why are people saying Hepomiemi is a bust prospect.  He is 22 with 9 games of NHL experience, but was a 1pt a game player in two leagues last season.  

This is the same group that said Mitts was a bust (wrongly) and extolled the virtues of a 24 year old D with 14 games of NHL experience and zero points in those games.  

I think I’ll take a wait and see attitude if this kid is coming here thanks.

1 minute ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Never forget that Sam is an asset we tanked an entire year for.  He's a cornerstone and trading him must better the franchise significantly and with low risk.

I get that, but also he can walk for zero return in 12 months.

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Why are people saying Hepomiemi is a bust prospect.  He is 22 with 9 games of NHL experience, but was a 1pt a game player in two leagues last season.  

This is the same group that said Mitts was a bust (wrongly) and extolled the virtues of a 24 year old D with 14 games of NHL experience and zero points in those games.  

I think I’ll take a wait and see attitude if this kid is coming here thanks.

If only you applied your wait and see attitude to 11am on draft day when you claimed the Sabres will do nothing this offseason because they hadn't already

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

If only you applied your wait and see attitude to 11am on draft day when you claimed the Sabres will do nothing this offseason because they hadn't already

I’m patient with players and If KA trades Reinhart for Levi and a conditional first he should be fired.  Had he signed Reinhart for this season and then traded him at the deadline he would have received more.  Risto trade gave me hope and this one took it away again.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

So at the moment we think we know it's Levi and a conditional first which probably means it's lottery protected and defers to 2023 if they make the lottery in 2022.

Why is there never a clause where if lotto protection is invoked you have to give up a second or third as an interest payment?

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m patient with players and If KA trades Reinhart for Levi and a conditional first he should be fired.  Had he signed Reinhart for this season and then traded him at the deadline he would have received more.  Risto trade gave me hope and this one took it away again.  

If it’s Levi and a late 1st then yes that’s disappointing.  We’ll see what the deal is when everything is out.

There isn't a ***** chance, we're about to trade Reinhart in division for Devon Levi a former 7th rounder, who had a cup of coffee in the WJR, and Aleksi Heponiemi who is 5'10" 155 lbs, and has 2 points in 9 games, and hasn't done anything remarkable since Swift Current.  The kid is a ***** bust.  What is all this ***** on conditional status of a 1st.  You mean the 60 point consecutive seasons for Reinhart, which would put him third on your team in scoring at only 25 years old.  If that draft bust Sam Bennett is worth two seconds, then I easily want more than that.  I'm sorry to be fickle, but give me a ***** break if it's Devon Levi, underwhelming not even top 2 goalie prospect in our system and a scrub Fin, who should be overseas for the rest of his career.  If that's the case, Kevyn Adams, get the ***** out. 

Edited by Rasmus_
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.