Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

2 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

It certainly feels that way.  Of course I have no clue but it feels like the presence of Karmanos is bringing out the confidence in KA.

It's always good to have an experienced guy helping to confirm good decisions. 

That was sarcasm. Reinhart's analytics are good.

7 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Let's see.  Perreault retired before New Year's 1987.  The only other one who pops to mind is Bill Hajt.

You're right...you got my old brain on a technicality. I meant the 86'-'87 season. Point is, nobody on the current Sabre roster comes even close to being a favorite for me.

Edited by ExWNYer
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Crosschecking said:

My only jersey has Ristolainen on it. I know how you feel.

That’s why I tend to not get jerseys of current players.  I have no Sabres jerseys but if I did it would be #11.

My last purchased Bills jersey was an Andre Reed Legends jersey.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Friedmann said the Sabres and Panthers have been working on the deal all day.  Could be Lundell and Fla’s 1st next season.

That may be so, but it doesn't remove that a few months ago Sam made it pretty clear he was done in Buffalo.  Two players in one off-season is alarming and three if you include Ristolainen.  

It's not just the losing they're tired of.  My belief is their agents have seen how Buffalo operates from an ownership and front office perspective and advised their clients they won't be winning anytime soon.  And, if they want to further their career, better leverage a trade out.    

Tearing down a team is not as challenging as building one back up.  Today's trades notwithstanding, it's a tall order for KA or any GM to execute both elements of a rebuild. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SabresVet said:

Columbus had the same scenario happen today and they keep having to unload elite players.  Little wonder some teams are entrenched in the basement of NHL standings.  

I'm surprised that Jarmo Kekäläinen is still the GM over there.

2 minutes ago, Crosschecking said:

I'm surprised that Jarmo Kekäläinen is still the GM over there.

Davidson isn't there just to announce picks.  Not after CBJ is now on their 3rd HC since 2013.  Or missed the playoffs 4 of 9 seasons and not advanced past the 2nd round in that time. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.