Pick #14 (13th player): LW/RW Isak Rosen (SHL)

GASabresIUFAN

I don't know, the number of Swedes we are accumulating on this team is starting to worry me. Not sure if its the ghost of Don Cherry whispering to me but I am getting worried about it. Once playoffs start, a "heavy game style" is usually required to advance. Will this team be able to bring that or survive it? Just a thought.

• Like (+1) 2

Isak Rosén is pure skill and finesse personified. The only real question is whether he’s skilled enough to make that work for him at the NHL level. The last thing you want to see is Rosén in space. He collects most pucks mid-stride. His handling and skating forms are nearly impeccable. He’ll send false signals between the blue lines to move the feet of opposing defenders, cutting east-west and using the dotted line. He’ll fake weight shifts, shoulder-shimmy, and just overpower hapless defenders. So you don’t just have to contend with Rosén’s skill. You also have to contend with the NHL-level habits that act as a force multiplier on his ever manoeuvre. That’s the sort of thing we look for in players with Rosén’s profile -- highly skilled, frail, a little undersized. That’s the difference between a good junior player and someone with legitimate NHL aspirations in a supporting scoring role.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/420269/isak-rosen

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

2 years in Sweden and then 1 in the AHL would be great for him. 

3 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

4 years until we see him in Buffalo, if things go well.

One year in Sweden then one in the AHL.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Just now, eman said:

I don't know, the number of Swedes we are accumulating on this team is starting to worry me. Not sure if its the ghost of Don Cherry whispering to me but I am getting worried about it. Once playoffs start, a "heavy game style" is usually required to advance. Will this team be able to bring that or survive it? Just a thought.

Yeah, Swedes aren’t tough and gritty

🙄

1.  I've been refreshing TSN rather than here.  My mistake.  Nice job SS!

2.  I am tired out of my mind.  I would have been asleep if not for the stupid trade today.

3.  Really?  No real roster player?  A pick that we're going to see wasted on this freaking guy?

What an underwhelming day.

@LGR4GMyou owe me a drink.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Eleven said:

1.  I've been refreshing TSN rather than here.  My mistake.  Nice job.

2.  I am tired out of my mind.  I would have been asleep if not for the stupid trade today.

3.  Really?  No real roster player?  A pick that we're going to see wasted on this freaking guy?

What an underwhelming day.

@LGR4GMyou owe me a drink.

why

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eman said:

Like Hedman, Forsberg, Zetterberg... etc?  

• Like (+1) 4

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/prospect-interest-isak-rosen-skills-par-marner-kane/

“(When) you go back to the same age you're talking about a guy who's showing the same skills and talent as the Mitch Marners and the Patrick Kanes,” said Marr.

“These little guys who when they're soaking wet they hardly weigh anything, but they have this elusive speed, smarts and skills that they can go out and generate offence.”

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Rasmus_ said:

I don't hate the prospect, but you could have moved down for sure to get him.  At least I believe so.  He can skate and his shot is underrated.  You can put on weight.  

And if you were picking 21st and you had your eyes on him then you would have been wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.