The End of Mike Milbury?

FogBat

I've never liked Milbury. He was always a jerk, on the ice, behind the bench and in front of the camera. I am 100% sure he was not fired just for that comment. He was probably an insufferable jerk to work with. Cancel culture? I hate it too, but I'm not shedding any tears for him 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, KC Scouts said:

I've never liked Milbury. He was always a jerk, on the ice, behind the bench and in front of the camera. I am 100% sure he was not fired just for that comment. He was probably an insufferable jerk to work with. Cancel culture? I hate it too, but I'm not shedding any tears for him 

So, IOW, NBC reached a breaking point with him and finally had enough of him.

I can see that rationale.

3 hours ago, Weave said:

Milbury was purposefully abrasive.  I have no use for people that willfully choose to offend.

Agreed. At the risk of being the pot calling the kettle black for past comments, he could be absolutely obnoxious - not to mention intentionally unfiltered.

Seeing that picture of him and Grapes next to each other in Beantown really spoke volumes.

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Anything short of a bad sickness or terrible disease or personal tragedy, …. I will never have empathy for Milbury. Go pound sand fella!

Aside from SS, it goes without saying that he is very much hated in the hockey world.

For some odd reason, he has the same problem that General Patton had: he can't keep his mouth shut - and it got both of them in trouble.

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Guy is a jerk and is being one in that article.

I agree with @Zamboni and I would never wish any illness, or personal tragedy on anyone, including this most dastardly of the dastardly Bruins.

Not once did I read an apology or even a hint of humility from him.

Context or not, we all have to watch what we say. I know, because I've been over the top in the past. I still make mistakes. I'm no better than Mike Milbury or anyone else, but I would like to think that I can accept correction when I am obviously wrong.

7 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

In fairness I think he was hired to do that and be that guy. They wanted their version of a Don Cherry (and later for HNIC Burke). That was his role. 

IOW, they knew what they were getting. He just went too far one time to their liking.

More than they bargained for.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.