2021 NHL Draft, Friday 7/23/2021, 8pm EST

WildCard

3 minutes ago, LTS said:

Only a scant few hours left before Buffalo burns itself down, only this time they can't blame Jim Carrey.

He was pretty decent back in the day for the Caps but I'm not sure, at his age, he'd provide the level of backup goaltending we need. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Go strap yourselves in. I'm going to make the jump to draft day.

In going to put on the strap on except inside out so it’s ***** me in the ass.  That’s how this is going to go tonight.  

I’m not sure what has me more dismayed, the fact our 3 picks we’ve had in the top 2 picks are going to amount to nothing, or the fact that the next one has an infinitely greater chance of being the worst of the 4.  

57 minutes ago, Thorny said:

See below the exact NHL player you are guaranteed to get with each of these picks:

Myself, I am partial to attempting to snag the Double Hedman 

And this is how Rasmus Dahlin ended up where he is.  He didn’t live up to the hype and Power sure as ***** won’t live up to the hype. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

In going to put on the strap on except inside out so it’s ***** me in the ass.  That’s how this is going to go tonight.  

I’m not sure what has me more dismayed, the fact our 3 picks we’ve had in the top 2 picks are going to amount to nothing, or the fact that the next one has an infinitely greater chance of being the worst of the 4.  

And this is how Rasmus Dahlin ended up where he is.  He didn’t live up to the hype and Power sure as ***** won’t live up to the hype. 

Dahlin right now is Power's ceiling lol (this is kind of a joke but kind of not, don't get mad at me Power rangers)

Don't lump those two together. I agree with you overall though. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

How about a Marner,

So you want a guy who disappears every post season? No thank you. 

I notice McTavish has just kept steadily moving up and up in rankings and comparisons. I had him as a potential draft steal earlier on and now it looks like he's a top 5 candidate. He's my #3 now. (Power, Beniers, McTavish)

1 hour ago, inkman said:

[The Sabres] will make point-five past light speed. They may not look like much, but they've got it where it counts. It's draft day... it's the time of dreaming big and not worrying too much about living in Tatooine a championship desert. Someday we'll get off of this rock.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Dahlin right now is Power's ceiling lol (this is kind of a joke but kind of not, don't get mad at me Power rangers)

Don't lump those two together. I agree with you overall though. 

Dahlin plays hockey very differently from Power. I agree, don't lump them together. 

9 minutes ago, Weave said:

Welcome to my last 7 seasons.

I've actually never cared about the draft. Ever. I like to watch hockey now.

It's just been shoved down our throats for 7 years that the draft is Sabres hockey.

Just now, SwampD said:

I've actually never cared about the draft. Ever. I like to watch hockey now.

It's just been shoved down our throats for 7 years that the draft is Sabres hockey.

I used to enjoy reading up on prospects and I got excited with the potential, but between Buffalo’s lack of 1sr rd success under Regier and then the team being managed to harvest picks I lost all my joy around it.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.