Predict the picks

pi2000

Predict the top 10 picks in order, 1 thru 10.  1 point for each correct pick. 

Whoever finishes with the most points will officially be crowned Sabrespace Draft King. 

I'll go first...

1. Power
  2. Eklund
  3. Clarke
  4. Guenther
  5. Beniers
  6. Hughes
  7. Johnson
  8. McTavish
  9. Edvinsson
  10. Wallstedt

1. Buffalo Swordies - Owen Power. Best player in the draft. As they jettison Ristolainen they realize letting Rasmus Dahlin sit in a talentless pit on defense is not an ideal way for him to blossom into the star he should be.

2. Seattle Sticky Legs - Matty Beniers. They basically drafted like six knockoff Matt Beniers in the expansion draft. This is the real one.

3. Anaheim Webbed Feet - Dylan GuentherThat just sounds like a player that would play for the Anaheim Ducks.

4. New Jersey Word MLB Banned but NHL Didn't - Luke Hughes. Half the state says they're from the City of Brotherly Love so why not pick your star's brother?

5. Columbus Literally Named After the Color of a Coat - William Eklund. The last Swedish Bill they had ended up having better luck in Vegas.

6. Detroit Our Logo Is Iconically Detroit Even Though We Stole it From Montreal - Mason McTavish. "Could McTavish go to Detroit, dad?" "I don't know ... He may, son."

7. San Jose We're Gonna Need a BIgger Boats - Brandt Clarke. Like Wednesday, the D and E are silent.

8. Los Angeles Monarchies are Outdated - Simon Edvinsson. He's taken by a team whose mascot is a Lion going into the Year of the Tiger but is severely hated by Liger.

9. Vancouver Mildly Derogatory Term for a Canadian - Kent Johnson. He's really exciting which is something nobody has said about Vancouver hockey since Canucks Defensemen Michael Del Zotto appeared in Goon.

10. Ottawa Our Original Logo Looks Like Human Centipede in a Blender - Chaz Lucius. Chaz just sounds like a guy from Ottawa that hits pucks and f&#%s.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

1. Buffalo Swordies - Owen Power. Best player in the draft. As they jettison Ristolainen they realize letting Rasmus Dahlin sit in a talentless pit on defense is not an ideal way for him to blossom into the star he should be.

2. Seattle Sticky Legs - Matty Beniers. They basically drafted like six knockoff Matt Beniers in the expansion draft. This is the real one.

3. Anaheim Webbed Feet - Dylan GuentherThat just sounds like a player that would play for the Anaheim Ducks.

4. New Jersey Word MLB Banned but NHL Didn't - Luke Hughes. Half the state says they're from the City of Brotherly Love so why not pick your star's brother?

5. Columbus Literally Named After the Color of a Coat - William Eklund. The last Swedish Bill they had ended up having better luck in Vegas.

6. Detroit Our Logo Is Iconically Detroit Even Though We Stole it From Montreal - Mason McTavish. "Could McTavish go to Detroit, dad?" "I don't know ... He may, son."

7. San Jose We're Gonna Need a BIgger Boats - Brandt Clarke. Like Wednesday, the D and E are silent.

8. Los Angeles Monarchies are Outdated - Simon Edvinsson. He's taken by a team whose mascot is a Lion going into the Year of the Tiger but is severely hated by Liger.

9. Vancouver Mildly Derogatory Term for a Canadian - Kent Johnson. He's really exciting which is something nobody has said about Vancouver hockey since Canucks Defensemen Michael Del Zotto appeared in Goon.

10. Ottawa Our Original Logo Looks Like Human Centipede in a Blender - Chaz Lucius. Chaz just sounds like a guy from Ottawa that hits pucks and f&#%s.

If Eklund slides to 5, the Sabres better trade all the chicken wings in Buffalo to get that pick.  Assuming they don’t take him 1st overall. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

4 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Predict the top 10 picks in order, 1 thru 10.  1 point for each correct pick. 

Whoever finishes with the most points will officially be crowned Sabrespace Draft King. 

I'll go first...

1. Power
  2. Eklund
  3. Clarke
  4. Guenther
  5. Beniers
  6. Hughes
  7. Johnson
  8. McTavish
  9. Edvinsson
  10. Wallstedt

1. Eklund
  2. Power
  3. Beniers
  4. Hughes
  5. Guenther
  6. McTavish
  7. Clarke
  8. Wallstedt
  9. Sillinger
  10. K Johnson

Y’all are projecting your wishes and not the Sabres desires.  This team has shown no signs of competence since GMTM was here.  They will take Power, he will be somewhere between Tyler Myers and Zack Bogosian, and this team will suck for another decade.  Meanwhile, the teams taking Beniers, Eklund and Hughes will end up as perennial playoff teams. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, inkman said:

Y’all are projecting your wishes and not the Sabres desires.  This team has shown no signs of competence since GMTM was here.  They will take Power, he will be somewhere between Tyler Myers and Zack Bogosian, and this team will suck for another decade.  Meanwhile, the teams taking Beniers, Eklund and Hughes will end up as perennial playoff teams. 

Not so sure about that. They keep saying they need to take the best projected player, not the best current/ready to step in player, which is Power.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Not so sure about that. They keep saying they need to take the best projected player, not the best current/ready to step in player, which is Power.

According to my simple minded interpretation of this sentence structure, the first part stating, “They keep saying they need to take the best projected player” and the last part of the sentence, “Which is Power” should stand independent of the section in commas.  

Sooooo…I’m confused. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, inkman said:

According to my simple minded interpretation of this sentence structure, the first part stating, “They keep saying they need to take the best projected player” and the last part of the sentence, “Which is Power” should stand independent of the section in commas.  

Sooooo…I’m confused. 

Nope, I think it's just a poorly constructed sentence. Your reading is grammatically correct.

Let me try this again...

They keep saying they need to take the best projected player, not the best current/ready to step in player (which is Power).

Eklund and Beniers will probably make a difference much quicker... but they are not the top end of elite or generational.  Power will be priceless in the playoffs say starting 5-6 years from now.  Defenseman take a longer time to develop but they are the foundation of modern hockey team (especially ones that drive play from the back end) along with a franchise goalie.  Look at the final 4 this year.  Dahlin and Power give you that, albeit it will take patience to see this come to full fruition.

1. Power

2. Beniers

3. Eklund 

4. Hughes

5. Guenther

6. Mactavish

7. Clarke

8. Wallstedt

9. Johnson

10. Edvinsson 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

If I thought the Sabres were drafting Power, I would say so. I honestly believe they draft Eklund. 

2 hours ago, inkman said:

You should be a scout , being able to predict the future will probably get you in right away.

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If I thought the Sabres were drafting Power, I would say so. I honestly believe they draft Eklund. 

Hope you are right my hybrid animal friend 

1 minute ago, GoPuckYourself said:

You should be a scout , being able to predict the future will probably get you in right away.

One of my many skills. 

4 hours ago, inkman said:

Sorry @Hawerchuk but every shred of evidence points to the Sabres getting it wrong. Not just the draft but development, which @tom webster doesn’t believe in and free agency which almost always sucks for the any team anyway. 

They will get some nice pieces in the trades, if they do happen, and they will squander them away like every good thing that they have ever had.  I really need something positive coming from this team soon or I’m gonna bail.  

This is my low point on this team. Drafting Power will cement it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.